Salk Speakers and Naim electronics?

brubacca

Salk Speakers and Naim electronics?
« on: 9 Feb 2017, 01:43 pm »
Anyone out there using Salk Speakers (ribbon tweeters) with Naim electronics?  How is the synergy?  Lots of PRAT?

Todd_A

Re: Salk Speakers and Naim electronics?
« Reply #1 on: 17 Feb 2017, 03:59 am »
I currently use Veracity STs with a NAC282/SuperCap2/NAP300 core.  (I swapped out a CDX2 for an Oppo/Schiit Yggdrasil front end.)  They match up spectacularly well.  The PRAT is there, but that's less a draw for me than the clarity and precision.  I also have used Supercharged SongTowers (and currently use SongTowers) with an old Nait 5 (pre only)/HiCap 2/NAP 250.2 setup in the bedroom system, with similar results, though with less detail and a bit more warmth.  I've had nothing but success with a Salk/Naim setup for over five years now.

brubacca

« Reply #2 on: 17 Feb 2017, 11:44 am »
That is good to know. 

I am thinking Song3 with Qute/Nap100.  I wish that I could go NAP200, but financially that is too much of a stretch unless I get a used nap200. 

I also have a Gungnir MB that I use on the analog input. 

Todd_A

« Reply #3 on: 17 Feb 2017, 03:38 pm »
That is good to know. 

I am thinking Song3 with Qute/Nap100.  I wish that I could go NAP200, but financially that is too much of a stretch unless I get a used nap200. 

I also have a Gungnir MB that I use on the analog input.

Unless you have a big room and/or listen at really loud volumes, the NAP100 should work fine.  Based on A/B listening, I'd say the Bifrost MB is roughly on par with the CDX2, so a Gungnir MB gives you a fine source, indeed.  Your proposed setup should sound just splendid.