Poll

How many members are in the Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia Washington area?  Who's out there?

Yes, let's get together and share some love for Music, Equipment and Food!
22 (81.5%)
Yes, let's gather once in a while and show off our stuff!
5 (18.5%)
No, too much rain, I am NOT going out!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
Re: PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???
« Reply #240 on: 13 Jul 2017, 12:00 am »
Okay all,

Looks like there's enough interests to perhaps ask for a PNW Audio Society page?

What the consensus?

Tuan

You don't think it will dry up after next weekend??? 

Or will there be a collection taken for a brass plaque designating Greg's room as "The Club House" :wtf:

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #241 on: 13 Jul 2017, 01:44 am »
Okay all,

Looks like there's enough interests to perhaps ask for a PNW Audio Society page?

What the consensus?

Tuan

Tuan,

There is already a Pacific Northwest Audio Society that has been in Seattle for many many years. I have had little to no luck getting involved in that Society. One person, I don't recall his name has tried to be helpful but those are entirely different people than all of us so we need our own name. I myself am fine with PSAG but perhaps we could come up with something better? It might even be fun to throw some names out there and take a vote.

One issue is there needs to be a facilitator and I'm going to have to exclude myself because of my work load these days.

One more thing Tuan, since you are the founder of this whole audio calamity, you are going to have to make it to a G2G pretty darn soon. Hopefully this one, but I know it's hard with a little one.

Edit: changed the name to reflect what I was trying to say.

Greg
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2017, 03:36 pm by gregfisk »

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #242 on: 13 Jul 2017, 02:19 am »
You don't think it will dry up after next weekend??? 

Or will there be a collection taken for a brass plaque designating Greg's room as "The Club House" :wtf:

Very Funny Allen :lol: :lol: :lol:. Hopefully it won't dry up and we don't run out of beverages :nono:.

I have always called my room "Woody's Garage" in honor of the man that owned all of the property around here and lived next door since the mid forties. The building was his garage and was in pretty bad shape when I bought the property. So much so that I couldn't get the building insured.

My Daughter designated the building as "The Dad Pad" which I thought was pretty funny. It's definitely a club house of sorts and we have joked about woman not being allowed except for certain situations which I won't go into here  :wink: :wink:.

Anyway, really looking forward to this event and seeing all of you again and meeting new faces.

Greg

SFDude

« Reply #243 on: 13 Jul 2017, 03:38 am »
There is already a Puget Sound Audio Society that has been in Seattle for many many years. I have had little to no luck getting involved in that Society. One person, I don't recall his name has tried to be helpful but those are entirely different people than all of us so we need our own name. I myself am fine with PSAG but perhaps we could come up with something better? It might even be fun to throw some names out there and take a vote.

I think you are referring to the Pacific Northwest Audio Society. http://www.audiosociety.org/

They seem to be accepting memberships on their page. Unless there really is another Puget Sound Audio Society.  :o

-dave

JakeJ

« Reply #244 on: 13 Jul 2017, 04:10 am »
I think you are referring to the Pacific Northwest Audio Society. http://www.audiosociety.org/

They seem to be accepting memberships on their page. Unless there really is another Puget Sound Audio Society.  :o

-dave

Yeah, those guys are a pretty stogy old bunch of Mercer Island elites.

We are our own group/club and I say we stay that way.  No, not that we are won't accept new members but that we identify as what we started with.  The PNAS collects dues and I for one would prefer we don't go down that path.  PNAS also does not meet at anyone's home but instead rents space somewhere in that area to hold their meetings.  Again, no thanks.  I would prefer that we be inclusive, not exclusive.  That does not mean we always have to meet at Greg Fisk's home but could maybe meet a couple of times per year hopefully at other member's abodes.  I'm coming from eastern WA, roughly a four hour drive.  I'd be tickled pink to travel to Alan or Michael's for a G2G.  Granted it will not work for every member to share their home but I'll wager with just a few volunteers we could pull it off.  Just sayin'.

Oh, and I vote for a plaque for Greg that says: "Woody's Audio Lab" or "Dad's Sound Pad"

I like Puget Sound Audio Group for a club name, my alternative is "Puget Sound Audio G2G".  We transcend the gear to converge on music and brotherhood.

JakeJ

Sonny

« Reply #245 on: 13 Jul 2017, 04:10 am »
Greg, I really like to go this time, but seems my wife just booked another trip for us to Lake Chelan. I will confirm it I think it is next weekend.  It silly but you are right I did instigate this whole thing and you've been kind enough now to host the first two!  Thank you!  Maybe the next one before the fall?  I would host but my space is only 14x19, in a designated room, so very difficult to do more than two at a time!

But I am talking about a page and fiorum on AC not another site.  sure call it what you will and PSAS just as good to e!

I can facilitate but would like another volunteer to help out. 

Any votes out there?

Thanks
Tuan

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #246 on: 13 Jul 2017, 07:28 am »

-dave

Dave,

Yes, I was referring to PNWAS which is what Tuan posted as the new name for us. I was very distracted when posting and apparently went off the rails with the name:duh:. Maybe it's a sign :lol:

I'm happy with whatever the name is and just look forward to a lot of good times. I think this is only going to get better and I'm happy to be part of it :thumb:.

Greg

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #247 on: 13 Jul 2017, 08:21 am »
My wife and I have a long-range plan to sell our house in Corvallis next summer followed by our purchasing a new one somewhere in Vancouver, WA - quite likely in the Camas area not far from Lake Lacamas. WAF dictates that it'll be a newer home (2200 sq ft to 3000 sq ft), and probably will have a formal living room that may be a dedicated listening room for me.

Eventually, once we've settled into it, I'd happily host G2Gs for anyone foolish enough to drive there.

Don't get too excited. My wife has been known to be VERY picky when it comes to buying a house. It could take a long time.  :duh:
« Last Edit: 13 Jul 2017, 05:16 pm by mresseguie »

JakeJ

« Reply #248 on: 13 Jul 2017, 12:32 pm »
Nice plan, Michael.  While Corvallis is very pretty country the Lacamas Lake area is very nice as well.  Lived in Washougal for a couple of years.  If it were me I'd focus on east of the lake as it is much more rural.

Tell your wife to take her sweet time.  You want a good choice that lasts a long time.  Plus the old addage: "Happy wife, happy life" generally holds true. :thumb:

Sonny

« Reply #249 on: 13 Jul 2017, 02:53 pm »
Greg and Jake,

Thanks for the input and I agree, we should have our group separate from the PNAS, etc.

I think it should be PSAG as in the title of this thread. 

Okay, so how do we go about asking for a page from the admin?

Thanks
Tuan

mca

« Reply #250 on: 13 Jul 2017, 04:06 pm »
my alternative is "Puget Sound Audio G2G".  We transcend the gear to converge on music and brotherhood.

I like this Jake!

JakeJ

« Reply #251 on: 13 Jul 2017, 07:52 pm »
Tuan,

Just PM one of the admins.

SteveFord
Devil Doc
SCFord1
adminRH

JakeJ

« Reply #252 on: 13 Jul 2017, 07:54 pm »

Sonny

« Reply #253 on: 13 Jul 2017, 08:26 pm »
Tuan,

Just PM one of the admins.

SteveFord
Devil Doc
SCFord1
adminRH

Done!  Sent a PM to adminRH for a page called Puget Sound Audio Group (PSAG).

Let's see what the response is.

Will keep you all posted.

Tuan

Sonny

« Reply #254 on: 13 Jul 2017, 08:55 pm »
Hi PSAG potential members, please see the following link:  http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=71779.0

Can we get a volunteer to follow the directions and initiate this process? 

One of the questions that we need to ask is the "catch phrase", what shall it be?

Our name should be Puget Sound Audio Group (PSGA).

Suggestions:

I'll start wit this one "Music, Equipment and Food, all for your sampling".

Thanks!
Tuan

JakeJ

« Reply #255 on: 14 Jul 2017, 03:59 am »
I am disqualified as I am already a facilitator of the Tube-O-Phile circle.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #256 on: 14 Jul 2017, 04:24 am »
I could probably do it, but I need some time before I try it. The only 'odd' thing about it is that it's a bit of a stretch to say I'm in the Puget Sound area.  :lol: Perhaps, I'm a PSAG - extension member. It's like when I was an OSU Extension Master Gardener.  :scratch:

Sonny

« Reply #257 on: 14 Jul 2017, 05:04 am »
Greg, hate to do this but my wife made plans doe is. 

gregfisk

• Restricted
« Reply #258 on: 14 Jul 2017, 07:55 pm »
Greg, hate to do this but my wife made plans doe is.

It's all good Tuan, hopefully one of these days...

Enjoy your family time, kids grow up way too fast.

Sonny

« Reply #259 on: 14 Jul 2017, 08:34 pm »
It's all good Tuan, hopefully one of these days...

Enjoy your family time, kids grow up way too fast.

thanks and agreed, Greg!