Poll

How many members are in the Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia Washington area?  Who's out there?

Yes, let's get together and share some love for Music, Equipment and Food!
22 (81.5%)
Yes, let's gather once in a while and show off our stuff!
5 (18.5%)
No, too much rain, I am NOT going out!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 27

PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???

Zkidd

Re: PUGET SOUND AUDIO GROUP???
« Reply #220 on: 1 Jul 2017, 05:29 am »
Hello All,
Thanks for the warm welcome. As I have said in an email to Jake, the 22nd is my wife's birthday so in the interest of staying alive, I believe I will have to pass on the get-together so as to insure I will remain upright and taking air. Too bad as I wanted to lug my BAT VK 500 over and trash the Modwright amp...kidding of course...about the trashing but I did want to bring it.
If the missus for some reason decides that I can be forgiven for missing her birthday, I believe I will a time and place as I am a neophyte ....
BJ

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #221 on: 1 Jul 2017, 07:07 am »
Bob,

I fully understand your predicament. I'll happily buy your wife 2 dozen roses for the brief privilege of meeting you and experiencing that incredible amplifier. Perhaps, the others would be willing to add to that number.

When I read your ad and the price you're asking, I nearly jumped out of my seat in excitement that I could buy that amplifier. Then, of course, reality slapped me good and hard with the realization that 1) my wife would divorce me, but only after screaming at me in a combination of Mandarin, Taiwanese, and English  :surrender: :deadhorse: :flame:, and 2) I just paid a 2/3 downpayment on what is going to be an amazing tube amp that I have lusted after for a year.

I hope you can make it.

Michael

JakeJ

« Reply #222 on: 1 Jul 2017, 01:14 pm »
Totally understood, Zkidd.  We all have our priorities.  Birthdays for me are meh, but miss an anniversary?  :nono:

SFDude

« Reply #223 on: 1 Jul 2017, 04:35 pm »
If I am able to make it, I'll happily bring some extra folding chairs (they're padded so aren't too uncomfortable!). It looks like there's enough offerings of gear to sample so I won't dive into the fray with this.

In any case, if you needed the extra folding chairs Greg, I'm happy to drop them off with you whether I am able to make it or not. We drop our son off in Shoreline for summer camp and it's not a big detour to drive a little further North to Bothell. (The wife and I have been meaning to go visit the Lavender Farm in Woodinville one day...)

-dave

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #224 on: 2 Jul 2017, 12:55 am »
If I am able to make it, I'll happily bring some extra folding chairs (they're padded so aren't too uncomfortable!). It looks like there's enough offerings of gear to sample so I won't dive into the fray with this.

In any case, if you needed the extra folding chairs Greg, I'm happy to drop them off with you whether I am able to make it or not. We drop our son off in Shoreline for summer camp and it's not a big detour to drive a little further North to Bothell. (The wife and I have been meaning to go visit the Lavender Farm in Woodinville one day...)

-dave

Thank you Dave, I really hope you can make it.

No need to bring chairs, I appreciate the offer thou. I do have chairs, I just don't know where we would put them except outside. If your'e sitting in a chair in the kitchen you can't see over the bar stools that are behind the couch looking over it.

I'm not too worried about everyone working it out, audiophiles are adaptable :thumb:.

Everyone have a great 4th :wave:.

Greg
« Last Edit: 2 Jul 2017, 03:20 pm by gregfisk »

JakeJ

« Reply #225 on: 2 Jul 2017, 01:17 am »

I'm not too worried about everyone working it out, audiophiles are adaptable :thumb:.

Everyone have a great 4th :wave:.

Greg

Indeed, just look at how some of us rotate gear! :lol:

Happy Fourth to All!

mresseguie

« Reply #226 on: 3 Jul 2017, 07:51 pm »
Hey, gang.

I just bought a pair of Cryo 1m pair of DH Labs Revelation with XLR ends from jtwrace to try out. I'll bring them along for the G2G.

Also, I finally got my PI Audio super-maxed out MiniBUSS from Dave last week. He changed out some things and added some voodoo juice. I could bring this along, too, if anyone cares to hold it and ooh and ahh.  :thumb:

Michael

JakeJ

« Reply #227 on: 3 Jul 2017, 10:46 pm »
Only if it's wrapped in a baby blanket!  :jester:

mresseguie

« Reply #228 on: 4 Jul 2017, 05:00 am »
Only if it's wrapped in a baby blanket!  :jester:

I've got an EVA Air mini-blanket.  :green:

Greg...Oh, Greggggg......I'm sending you a PM..

mresseguie

« Reply #229 on: 11 Jul 2017, 01:20 am »
Attention PSAG audiopeeps!

Lou (Daedalus Audio) asked about what cables/interconnects will be on hand. I told him I don't know. He feels cables/interconnects are very important at this level of quality components.

So....what is everyone bringing or what is already present?

Aldcoll will bring his Daedalus speaker cables. I'll bring my newly purchased DH Labs cryo silver XLR ICs to try. I think I have a TWL American 10+ PC, but I need to look for it. I have a cheapo 5' USB cord, and 8' Belden speaker cables.

aldcoll

• Champagne Taste on a Water Budget
« Reply #230 on: 11 Jul 2017, 01:32 am »
Yes I will bring Daedalus Speaker cables.

I will also bring WyWires Blue RCA and Balanced for the MW KWA 150 SE.  They Are 1 Meter.

I forget who made the Power Cable.

IF we could Limit the cable swap as this is suppose to be a DAC DAY :nono:  Just saying to many options can get out of hand.

Alan

No back to the cobbler in the oven :thumb:

JakeJ

« Reply #231 on: 11 Jul 2017, 02:11 am »
Well...I have a bunch of cables I could bring but Alan is correct, too many "spices" hide the real flavor of the dish.

Here is my list:
Jena Labs speaker and IC all balanced except one pair of RCA.
Cardas Golden Cross speaker and IC all RCA except one 1 meter pair of XLR.
Analysis Plus Silver Oval speaker and IC all RCA.

Of course they are of varying lengths and some may not make the distance.  Just sayin'
My powercords are from AudioMagic, Take Five Audio, LAT International w/ upgraded connectors.

That said, I do plan to bring my Revelation Audio Labs dual conduit USB silver cryo cable.

As to music I thought about burning some discs but I think I'll just bring my Mac Mini.  What say you to that?
« Last Edit: 11 Jul 2017, 02:47 pm by JakeJ »

Sonny

« Reply #232 on: 12 Jul 2017, 04:12 am »
NEW addition to the family!

« Last Edit: 12 Jul 2017, 11:52 pm by Sonny »

mresseguie

« Reply #233 on: 12 Jul 2017, 05:29 am »
Sonny,

It's just a wild guess on my part, but the new addition is a pair of speakers?
Details, Details!!

mresseguie

« Reply #234 on: 12 Jul 2017, 07:58 am »
Greg,

What time are you thinking of beginning this shindig on the 22nd?

Alan and I ought to arrive at Lou's workshop by 9 or 9:30 (assuming no nasty traffic delays) and leave by 10-ish(?). [Who in their right minds hops in a car at 4 am to pick up a pair of speakers 5 hours distant? Dedicated audiophools!!] It'll take approximately 90 minutes to get to your place. Then, we'll have to set up. Any great pizza joints in the area? I'm going to need carbs after all that.

JakeJ

« Reply #235 on: 12 Jul 2017, 12:34 pm »
Those are not the same speakers Sonny had when I visited his place to pick up my Pass x-350.  That much I know.

gregfisk

• Restricted
  • Us alone in the universe? sure is a waste of SPACE
« Reply #236 on: 12 Jul 2017, 05:09 pm »
We are getting closer to the big day and now Michael has times for his planned cross country tour :thumb:.

I'm thinking we could start around 1:30 which would give Michael, Allen and myself time to set up and do some sound checking before people start showing up. I'm thinking Jakej may want to come early since him and I will be working on food together, Jake?

I will have several choices of beverages on hand but feel free to bring your favorite concoctions as well if you like.

One thing I don't have is a disk spinner, at least not one that I would want to use. So, if anyone has one they could bring that would give us a couple of mac minis full of music and a way for people to play the disks they bring. Yes, please bring music you would like to try out and we can either throw it in the mac mini or play it on a spinner.

If anyone has any questions feel free to post here or you are welcome to PM or email me.

Take Care,

Greg

JakeJ

« Reply #237 on: 12 Jul 2017, 09:32 pm »
We are getting closer to the big day and now Michael has times for his planned cross country tour :thumb:.

I'm thinking we could start around 1:30 which would give Michael, Allen and myself time to set up and do some sound checking before people start showing up. I'm thinking Jakej may want to come early since him and I will be working on food together, Jake?

Sorry for not responding sooner, I'm at work and just caught this.  Yes, Greg, I absolutely plan on being involved in the food presentation.  I'll PM you this evening with a couple of ideas.

I will have several choices of beverages on hand but feel free to bring your favorite concoctions as well if you like.

One thing I don't have is a disk spinner, at least not one that I would want to use. So, if anyone has one they could bring that would give us a couple of mac minis full of music and a way for people to play the disks they bring. Yes, please bring music you would like to try out and we can either throw it in the mac mini or play it on a spinner.

I can bring my CEC TL51-X transport with cables (coax & AES/EBU).  It also has Toslink but I don't have an optical cable.

If anyone has any questions feel free to post here or you are welcome to PM or email me.

Take Care,

Greg

Sonny

« Reply #238 on: 12 Jul 2017, 11:51 pm »
Those are not the same speakers Sonny had when I visited his place to pick up my Pass x-350.  That much I know.

Jake,

No they are not!   :wink:

Sonny

« Reply #239 on: 12 Jul 2017, 11:53 pm »
Okay all,

Looks like there's enough interests to perhaps ask for a PNW Audio Society page?

What the consensus?

Tuan