We'll be at VTV EXPO 2006 in NJ next month!

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« on: 4 Apr 2006, 03:07 am »
All,

Not too many AC members were able to make it to Montreal.  Hopefully a lot more will be able to make it to this one:

http://www.vacuumtube.com/vtv%20news.htm

I'll be exhibiting there with Louis (Omega Loudspeakers)....kind of like an encore of the Montreal show  :wink:

I hope to get to meet a lot of you guys there!

Jumpin

see you there vinnie
« Reply #1 on: 5 May 2006, 10:33 am »
Sunday afternoon w/ my 5 year old daughter.
The only way I can swing it.
My first show.
I am looking forward to it.

Mark

-Richard-

« Reply #2 on: 6 May 2006, 02:02 am »
HI Vinnie,

As always I would like to wish you a great time at the VTV show!!!!!!!!

I am as eager to see pics of your new Signature 30 amp as I am certain
many of your loyal friends are...here at AC...I suspect the Signature 30 will
allow us all to leap into a much more refined and ethereal musical
space...my Omega Bipoles and OB B200's are just aching to be played by
one...

I know how hard you have been working to get ready for this show...
I hope you have a chance to relax and really enjoy yourself...

Best of Luck, Vinnie...please let us know how it goes...

Warm Regards -Richard-

Listens2tubes

« Reply #3 on: 6 May 2006, 10:11 am »
I'll be there too, just counting the minutes.

Dmason

« Reply #4 on: 6 May 2006, 04:03 pm »
I'm looking forward to hearing more about all this stuff. Interested in hearing what the prototype Signature 30 is like with the [my] SuperHemps. The last couple years of experimentation and development in audio, in our tiny quadrant of the galaxy, has been interesting, to say the least.

Be sure to include eye candy. Good luck guys, and have fun.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
Lots of fun at VTV (long)
« Reply #5 on: 8 May 2006, 01:59 pm »
Thanks, Guys!

It was a jolly good show!   :mrgreen:

Here is what we had in the room:

Speakers:

-- Omega SuperHemps on 4-post Skylan Stands
-- Omega Super 3 XRS with the new 4.5" Hemp drivers and new matching platforms for the speakers that looked great!

Sources:

-- RWA modded Olive Symphony
-- RWA modded iPod
-- Scheu/Eurolabs turntable setup with battery powered Lehman Black cube phonostage

Amplification:

-- The new RWA Signature 30

We also had a Consonance T99 premap in the mix!

-- Cables by Audiopath

It was a pleasure meeting so many new and not-so-new faces, and lots of audiocircle "lurkers" as well.  Come on guys, sign up and join the party here on the circle!  :stupid:  

All weekend I was suffering with major eye allergies for all the pollen.  Normally my eyes are not that puffy and red, and NO, I was not doing anything with the Hempcones other than listening to them...I swear  :smoke:    :lol:

Before we set up the room, we thought it was going to be another room acoustics battle (I think it was around 14' x 13'), but it was surprisingly easy to set up and we were get good sound in there.  

The SuperHemps were positioned wide with only a little toe in and man did they pull off a disappearing act!   :o   With some really well-recorded material, it was spooky real sounding!  I loved them at the Montreal show, but they sounding even better at VTV!  

The Super 3 Hemp XRS speakers dished out superior bass reponse and a warmer tone than the Fostex version (which was shown in two other rooms at the show), although the Fostex version is probably a little faster and more revealing.  We Louis gets the 4.5" hemps in stock, I'll have to pop them in my XRS speakers and then I'll really be able to tell the difference in the sound vs the Fostex.  Also, the new matching platforms looked fantastic, and I heard that Skylan is also making a version with adjustable tilt....just like some of his other stands!

The Signature 30 amp received plenty of attention and it drove both pairs of Omegas with total ease!  Yesterday after the show I also brought it to a few other rooms with less efficient speakers, such as the German FJ Super-OM speakers (87dB, 3-way speakers).  The Sig 30 drove them with lots of control, rock solid bass, and a rich tone (these are warm and silky smooth speakers).  

The modded Olive was also very popular.  Not only did we use the analog outputs, but we also used the analog inputs to record a few LPs directly to the hard drive.  The fun came when we sync'd (maybe with a second or so of delay) the turntable to the Olive's playback of the LP that we recorded and then switched in the input select during playback.  They sounded surprisingly similar!  

I found some early feedback from a few NY AudioRavers (thanks for posting your impressions, guys!):

Quote from: Levi
Vinnie's room sounded good! He has an iPod, the Olive and Vinyl for the source. Louis as always did a great job with his speaker building skills while Vinnie demostrated his electronic ingenuity. His modified Olive Symphony is impressive. It has so many features. You can now attach an external USB HDD to increase the storage size. I would get an Olive and modify it. Well he did promise to give me a discount. HA. His modified iPod I think almost sounded very close to his vinyl source. Then that's just me.

Levi took a lot of pictures and will be posting a link soon enough.  

Quote from: Bemopti123
Red Wine Audio room along with Omega Loudspeakers produced nice tunes that were well resolved, with plenty of low end especially in the Super Hemptone. The Olive Symphony along with the Signature 30 digital were simple and to the point in sound delivery. I would not mind having such a system IF I did not already have the set up I do.

And here is thread from the SET forum on the asylum:
http://www.audioasylum.com/scripts/t.pl?f=set&m=44985

Thanks to Caddis who posted:
The Omega/Red Wine room was also great. I met Vinny Rossi, a class guy, and his new amps sounded great (and they are solid state! agghh), really great. The Omega Super Hemp Speakers were quite good. The bass Louis gets out of these tiny drivers amazed me and they look like they will sing with SETs.

Micheal Lavorgna of American Wired spent some time in our room and will be posting coverage here:
http://www.americanwired.com/news/showcoverage.html

I am planning to have the Signature 30 on my webpage by the end of this week.  I have LOTS to catch up on so I need to end this post now, but I just wanted to give you guys a little run down.

Thanks again for all that showed up and gave a listen, and thanks to those who couldn't make it but are still very interested about what took place!

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor

smargo

Re: Lots of fun at VTV (long)
« Reply #7 on: 9 May 2006, 01:29 am »
The Super 3 Hemp XRS speakers dished out superior bass reponse and a warmer tone than the Fostex version (which was shown in two other rooms at the show), although the Fostex version is probably a little faster and more revealing. We Louis gets the 4.5" hemps in stock, I'll have to pop them in my XRS speakers and then I'll really be able to tell the difference in the sound vs the Fostex. Also, the new matching platforms looked fantastic, and I heard that Skylan is also making a version with adjustable tilt....just like some of his other stands!

Vinnie:

it was great to finally meet you and talk shop and i really enjoyed the fidelio audio cds that you turned me on to. Im ordering some tomorrow. Those cuts were some of the best digital i have ever heard.

I thought the super hemp sounded very good much better than the fostex i heard in the other rooms. In fact i couldn't stand the fostex but hemps are a different sound altogether very real.

I would really like to hear the sig 30 with some other speakers that are little less sensitive than louis's. But what i did hear was very pleasing with incredible seperation of instruments and deeper bass and delicacy then the regular clarity.

Continued success for a real down to earth guy who's very passionate about his craft.

smargo

Levi

« Reply #8 on: 9 May 2006, 01:35 am »
Here are some of the pictures that I took.  You can find the rest in NY Audio Rave Gallery

Vinnie

Audio Equipment

Signature 30 amp, Olive Symphony and Consonance T99 preamp/iPod.

I had a great time.  Thanks Vinnie.

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
Re: Lots of fun at VTV (long)
« Reply #9 on: 9 May 2006, 11:30 am »
Quote from: smargo
I would really like to hear the sig 30 with some other speakers that are little less sensitive than louis's. But what i did hear was very pleasing with incredible seperation of instruments and deeper bass and delicacy then the regular clarity.

Hi Smargo,

It was very nice meeting you on Sunday!  Thanks for all the kind words.

Later that day I brought the Sig 30 into the room that had the large floorstanding FJ speakers (next to the little Omega Super 3 V2s).  The FJ's are a 3-way, 87dB speaker and the Sig 30 pushed them with ease!  I remember trying the 6-watter on them a while back and it couldn't drive them nearly as loud and with nearly as much authority.

Thanks again,

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #10 on: 9 May 2006, 11:37 am »
Quote from: Levi
I had a great time. Thanks Vinnie.

Hi Levi,

Nice to see you again, and thanks for stopping by and taking/posting pics of our room!  

Best regards,

Levi

« Reply #11 on: 11 May 2006, 03:49 pm »
I had a great time visiting your room.  It is needless to say, you have excellent products!  Keep up the great work!

Thanks again Vinnie.