Re: Favorite BBQ sauces
« Reply #41 on: 6 Sep 2009, 02:01 pm »
Dave's Insanity :D
Isn't that the stuff that advertises it will clean concrete?  :o

Bob

bixby

Re: Corn Syrup!
« Reply #42 on: 7 Jun 2010, 04:20 pm »
Sweet Baby Rays and lots of commercial sauces are more corn syrup than anything else.  Look at the first ingredient!

Home made is best, but if I have to get a bottled sauce.  Curley's from Kansas City at least uses sugar and not the highly processed high fructose corn syrup that most others use.  God that stuff ought to be banned.

Bob in St. Louis

• Volunteer
  • "Introverted Basement Dwelling Troll"
Re: Corn Syrup!
« Reply #43 on: 9 Jun 2010, 12:49 am »
Home made is best..........

Got recipe?  :eyebrows:

hibuckhobby

• On a search for audio nirvana
« Reply #44 on: 9 Jun 2010, 02:05 pm »
Sweet sauces:  Famous Dave's Sweet and Zesty, Big Poppa's, SBR's,
Sweet...but some mustard:  Salt Lick spicy,
More toward Vinegar:  Montgomery House, Arthur Bryants
spicy:  Famous Dave's Devil's Spit, Sticky Fingers Habanero,  My own sauce with a mixture of Catsup, mustard, vinegar, garlic powder, chili powder, black pepper, onion powder cayenne and habanero peppers. (simmer and add brown sugar or sweet molasses to taste)
hibuck...

coke

« Reply #45 on: 9 Jun 2010, 02:19 pm »
Head Country is my favorite by far.  Made in Oklahoma. I'm not sure if it's available throughout the country, but it can be bought online.

taoggniklat

« Reply #46 on: 11 Nov 2010, 07:49 pm »
This stuff you can get at Costco and its real good. Even better, saute some mushrooms with this sauce and put that on your steak/burger and it is fantastic.

Another fun easy one to make is Orange Marmalade Srirrachi sauce...goes great with chicken wings.

Orange Marmalade Sriracha Sauce
Equal parts brown sugar, honey and sriracha mixed with a 15oz jar of orange marmalade, brought to a simmer. Adjust the amount of Srirachi sauce depending on how much heat you want. Go slow because it adds heat fast.

joschmo

« Reply #47 on: 13 Nov 2010, 12:36 pm »
Bone Suckin Sauce.  This stuff has great ingredients and tastes amazing.  It is a little pricey at 5 or 6 bucks a pop but worth it to me.

http://www.buybonesuckin.com/products/Bone-Suckin'-Sauce-16-oz.html

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #48 on: 13 Nov 2010, 01:45 pm »
Head Country is my favorite by far.  Made in Oklahoma. I'm not sure if it's available throughout the country, but it can be bought online.

+1.  Head Country is good stuff

tabrink

• lake life is good
« Reply #49 on: 13 Nov 2010, 02:33 pm »
Williamson Red Sauce
KC BBQ lover who uses NC Sauces and rubs.
Absolutely  the  best rub on the planet!
And Vinegar sauce as well.

http://www.williamsonhousesauce.com/red.aspx

tjohnusa

« Reply #50 on: 11 May 2011, 11:17 pm »
Yall havent had some good sauce until you have tried a mustard based sauce.....I am a yankee transplant to the south but fell ion love with the stuff from the get go....all BBq down here has a house sauce so I am unable to share a recipie....this is in Beaufort SC

Phil A

ratso

« Reply #52 on: 11 May 2011, 11:26 pm »
when i visited mom and dad's when they lived in KC we went to smokestack's. their sauce was the best IMO and you could buy it in the restaurant. but they went out of biz a while back (not for lack of customers). i think they owned some other BBQ joints around KC, not sure if you can still get the sauce. mom and dad moved back to chicago.

pjchappy

« Reply #53 on: 11 May 2011, 11:44 pm »
The sauce from my favorite BBQ joint:  LC's BBQ sauce

I haven't had LC's in a few months.  May have to swing by there shortly.

Paul

datman

« Reply #54 on: 12 May 2011, 12:20 am »
A blend of 1/2 Sweet Baby Ray's and 1/2 Jack Miller's BBQ sauce.  Jack Miller's is sold in South Louisiana.

sts9fan

« Reply #55 on: 12 May 2011, 01:55 am »
The Saltlick hot

WireNut

« Reply #56 on: 8 Apr 2013, 06:04 am »
Ok,I went to Kroger's tonight and bought some Sweet Baby Ray's BQ sauce only to find out that there are many different flavors to choose from. Not knowing which one you all liked, I purchased the Award Winning Sweet Baby Ray's Gourmet Barbecue Sauce in a squeezable bottle. I guess this is the original sauce. Is this the one you all like so much?

marvda1

• freelance reviewer: The Sound Advocate
« Reply #57 on: 8 Apr 2013, 07:43 am »
try head country bbq sauce and for spicey add some tiger sauce.
here is a review of a sauce i like with a link to where you can purchase some, slowpoke spicey apple.
http://slowpokebbq.com/product-review/texas-barbecue-forum-review-of-slowpoke-bbq-sauce/

oledude

« Reply #58 on: 17 Aug 2013, 06:56 pm »
 I am pleased that.my favorite sauce, Head Country, is well known to others on this forum. As a former resident of Oklahoma, I get to keep well stocked via internet sales from the company.   I also am hooked on their Championship Dry Rub.  I would recommend this product to anyone who grills or smokes brisket,steaks, ribs and burgers!  Check it out.

mcgsxr

« Reply #59 on: 17 Aug 2013, 09:32 pm »
This is a fun thread, I'm coming back to it over and over again over time.

I cannot find a lot of them up here in Canada, but recently discovered a butcher that stocks Stubb's.  Bought the original, enjoyed it, and then tried the Spicy. 

Love that!