Khartago with Nordost speaker cable

bassraptor

Khartago with Nordost speaker cable
« on: 9 Sep 2014, 12:08 pm »
Hi... looking for some feedback. I'm driving a pair of Maggies MG1.7 with Khartago Extreme SE monoblocs ... does anyone here have any experience running any sort of Nordost cables between them? Appreciate your thoughts. Right now, I using some Exposure dmf2 solidcore cables.

Tks

stereo5

• Current System
Re: Khartago with Nordost speaker cable
« Reply #1 on: 9 Sep 2014, 11:31 pm »
I never heard the Nordost cables, but I remember having a conversation with Klaus a couple of years ago and he said some brands of flat cable can send the amp into oscillation.  Best to check with him.

RDavidson

« Reply #2 on: 10 Sep 2014, 02:17 am »
I never heard the Nordost cables, but I remember having a conversation with Klaus a couple of years ago and he said some brands of flat cable can send the amp into oscillation.  Best to check with him.

Best to check into it. With Nordost I think you'll be fine, but brands like Goertz are somewhat notorious for being problematic for amps.....at least they used to be.

bassraptor

« Reply #3 on: 10 Sep 2014, 06:26 am »
Thanks... I heard something like that...

Klaus, if you're reading this, appreciate your thoughts...

barrows

• Industry Participant
« Reply #4 on: 10 Sep 2014, 01:34 pm »
Nordost cables are not high in capacitance, so they will not cause problems for amplifiers.  Check out the Nordost website, unlike a lot of cables, they actually list the capacitance of each cable model in their specifications.

Hadro

« Reply #5 on: 10 Sep 2014, 02:50 pm »
Cable Research Lab Bronze cables sound fantastic with my Khartago monos and Maggie 1.7s.

Check them out: http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/cable-research-lab-bronze-series-speaker-cable-interconnect-tas-210/

JohnToste

« Reply #6 on: 10 Sep 2014, 10:12 pm »
Klaus sold me a tweaked-out Cyclops about three months ago. I have Usher Be-718 speakers and all of my cabling is Nordost. The system sounds spectacular to me. Rather than any kind of mismatch, I suspect that the combination is synergistic (Klaus loves that word.) I encourage you to find a dealer and try some. Good luck.

JackD

« Reply #7 on: 11 Sep 2014, 01:10 am »
Many years ago I ran Stratos Mono's into Vandersteen 3A Sigs' with Nordost cable and didn't have any problems.  If my memory is correct it was the original version of the Blue Heaven cables.

klaus@odyssey

« Reply #8 on: 29 Sep 2014, 11:05 pm »
Nordost is ok.....as always,  my first choice by far is Groneberg,  always a perfect synergy with anything Odyssey,  as this cable is in all of my products......however, cables obviously are quite subjective