Netflix: What to watch?

jriggy

Re: Netflix: What to watch?
« Reply #260 on: 10 Nov 2016, 03:18 pm »
I loved Farscape, too! Watched that and Battlestar Galactica in 'real time' every week for every season. BSG takes the cake for me, though.

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #261 on: 10 Nov 2016, 07:14 pm »
Agreed on Battlestar Galactica - one of the all time greats!  It's not on Netflix anymore, but I notice that Firefly is, which is another one of the great great scifi shows, IMO.  Joss Whedon before he became the director of The Avengers.

Edit:  Battlestar Galactica is on Hulu now.

Folsom

« Reply #262 on: 10 Nov 2016, 07:34 pm »
I never got very into BSG. It was ok I suppose.

won ton on

« Reply #263 on: 13 Nov 2016, 01:00 am »
Just watched Miles Ahead wow ,for Miles fans only.

Tyson

« Reply #264 on: 15 Nov 2016, 05:19 am »
Watched Luke Caged, liked it quite a bit.  I thought it was better than Daredevil, better acting from all the main players plus I just love Mahershala Ali.  The thing I liked most about the series is that the focus was really on Harlem and the people and players in it.  Since Luke Cage has no costume and really some not-very-interesting powers, the focus wasn't really on him kicking ass all the time.  It was more focused on the system and everyone's place in that system.  In that way it reminded me a bit of The Wire.  Anyway, good cast, good cinematography, good scripts and GREAT music.  Thumbs up!

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #265 on: 15 Nov 2016, 08:45 am »
So far I've only watched a few episodes of Luke Cage.  I'm kind of stalled out, haven't watched an episode in a few weeks. Frankly it bores me.  Maybe it will get better as it goes but the cast isn't doing much for me.  I really like the guy that plays Cage but Cottonmouth is boring so far.  IMO Daredevil and Jessica Jones were much better.  I plan to try to push on through a few more episodes and see if it gets any better.

Right now though my main addiction is Westworld!  That one is HBO so it's only out one EP at time but so far it's brilliant.

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
« Reply #266 on: 16 Nov 2016, 01:18 pm »
Just watched "Top of the Lake" with Elizabeth Moss and Holly Hunter. I liked it, but the series is definitely weird and probably not to everyone's taste.

wushuliu

« Reply #267 on: 16 Nov 2016, 02:31 pm »
Watched Luke Caged, liked it quite a bit.  I thought it was better than Daredevil, better acting from all the main players plus I just love Mahershala Ali.  The thing I liked most about the series is that the focus was really on Harlem and the people and players in it.  Since Luke Cage has no costume and really some not-very-interesting powers, the focus wasn't really on him kicking ass all the time.  It was more focused on the system and everyone's place in that system.  In that way it reminded me a bit of The Wire.  Anyway, good cast, good cinematography, good scripts and GREAT music.  Thumbs up!

I land between you and Rob. Think cage is better than daredevil and mahershala always elevates.  The plot did drag for me though.

Watching The Get Down and it is amazing. Almost too good for Netflix. More like an HBO level show.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #268 on: 16 Nov 2016, 03:10 pm »
Watching The Get Down and it is amazing. Almost too good for Netflix. More like an HBO level show.

+1

Love the look and the flow as well as the music I remember hearing when I was a kid.

Tyson

« Reply #269 on: 16 Nov 2016, 04:41 pm »
I land between you and Rob. Think cage is better than daredevil and mahershala always elevates.  The plot did drag for me though.

I loved the Get Down.  Agreed it's probably the best Netflix original show this year.  That and Broadchurch.  The Get Down made me laugh and smile.  Broadchurch made me weep (but I have a kid the age of the victim on that show).  Yes, Broadchurch is a British show, but still amazing.

Burson

• Restricted
  • Burson Audio Staff
    • Official website
« Reply #270 on: 17 Nov 2016, 06:33 pm »
MASTER OF NONE AND THE ARROW SERIES

stlrman

« Reply #271 on: 17 Nov 2016, 10:00 pm »
I too enjoyed Master of None sitcom .
What is the full name of the arrow series? Could not find it in a search .

Russell Dawkins

« Reply #272 on: 17 Nov 2016, 11:59 pm »
If 'The Crown' is available on US Netflix, it is worth watching. Outstanding production values, writing and acting.

Folsom

« Reply #273 on: 18 Nov 2016, 05:29 am »
I've watched a few of Supernatural. It's ok, decent background/low attention TV.

How and why it had 11 seasons is the biggest mystery.

Atlplasma

• Just off the boat
« Reply #274 on: 18 Nov 2016, 02:21 pm »
I too enjoyed Master of None sitcom .
What is the full name of the arrow series? Could not find it in a search .

It is simply "Arrow." You should be able to see the current offer under TV Shows or Recent Releases on your streaming device.

wushuliu

« Reply #275 on: 18 Nov 2016, 02:44 pm »
I've watched a few of Supernatural. It's ok, decent background/low attention TV.

How and why it had 11 seasons is the biggest mystery.

Supernatural is awesome. It is not low attention.  It is very very fun and clever.  It was started by whedon proteges and it can get wonderfully meta.

stlrman

« Reply #276 on: 18 Nov 2016, 04:45 pm »
I'm watching the series called , The Fall. It's gripping !! Love it !! :thumb:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/the_fall/

Tyson

« Reply #277 on: 18 Nov 2016, 04:52 pm »
Supernatural is awesome. It is not low attention.  It is very very fun and clever.  It was started by whedon proteges and it can get wonderfully meta.

Agreed it is a very clever show.  Once the second season starts.  First season was (to be honest) quite difficult to get through.  The first season it tried to be scary and it just wasn't.  I liked it in the second season because they gave up on the whole "lets be scary" and focused more on the brothers and their broader world/universe. 

Best Supernatural GIF ever (how do I put spoiler tags on this?):

NIGHTFALL1970

« Reply #278 on: 18 Nov 2016, 05:16 pm »
Supernatural is freaking awesome!!!
Obviously made by people who are horror fans.  Great music too! Actually heard UFO "Rock Bottom" playing in their car! :thumb:

marksas

« Reply #279 on: 18 Nov 2016, 05:22 pm »
I'm sure it's been mentioned, but i just binged watched all 3 seasons of Peaky Blinders!  LOVED IT.  Great overall production, set design, costume and music.