Netflix: What to watch?

mcgsxr

Re: Netflix: What to watch?
« Reply #200 on: 1 Jul 2016, 12:18 pm »
Bloodline for me is True Detective meets Breaking Bad but not as good as either. 

Takes way too long to get good.  Hope there is an S3 as they are in a good spot now.

dynaflo

« Reply #201 on: 1 Jul 2016, 12:39 pm »
Just finished watching Flaked.  Liked it.  It pulled me in from the get go.

Folsom

« Reply #202 on: 5 Aug 2016, 07:53 pm »
I'm watching The 100.

The story is decent. But even though I keep watching, there's parts and characters that make my blood boil. Clark's mom I hate so deep down... if I was Clark I'd kill her. It's torture of when she speaks. Some of the acting can be bad. But it's more captivating than most dramas on Netflix.

WC

« Reply #203 on: 5 Aug 2016, 09:43 pm »
Just finished up Shameless. Or at least the first 4 seasons that Netflix has.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #204 on: 5 Aug 2016, 09:47 pm »
This wasn't too bad. Good ole Brit murder mystery.

weatherman1

« Reply #205 on: 5 Aug 2016, 11:33 pm »
Just finished 'The Last Kingdom', King Alfred envisioning the feudal states of UK aligned as England, in war against the Viking Danes.  Intrigue, plunder, church, treachery, broken identities, battles, and sex.  What more could you want?  Only season 1.

stlrman

« Reply #206 on: 6 Aug 2016, 02:36 am »
I watched and enjoyed Flaked too!

stlrman

« Reply #207 on: 20 Aug 2016, 11:20 pm »
Half way through the first season of True Detective. Really enjoying it!

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #208 on: 20 Aug 2016, 11:27 pm »
Half way through the first season of True Detective. Really enjoying it!

I'll be curious to see what you think of season 2...

jarcher

• Industry Participant
  • It Just Sounds Right
« Reply #209 on: 21 Aug 2016, 12:05 am »
Just finished 'The Last Kingdom', King Alfred envisioning the feudal states of UK aligned as England, in war against the Viking Danes.  Intrigue, plunder, church, treachery, broken identities, battles, and sex.  What more could you want?  Only season 1.

Just finished watching this as well. Usually not my kind of genre, but I enjoyed it. Theres moral ambiguity to the "hero", which is different. I think There's still enough story left to support a second season. 

dB Cooper

« Reply #210 on: 21 Aug 2016, 12:29 am »
Just canceled Netflix recently after getting tired of how difficuly it was to find major motion pictures I wanted to see. Whatever it was, whether it was in the last year or something as old as the Maltese Falcon, whatever I wanted to see always seem to come up as 'Not available for streaming'. They were pretty good for TV shows and documentaries (and a vast wasteland of straight-to-video crap that you never heard of) but that wasn't enough to justify paying for them every month. Especially as Amazon video comes free with a prime membership. So bye-bye Netflix, if I want to Watch a DVD I'll go to the Redbox machine in front of the 7-Eleven down the street.

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #211 on: 21 Aug 2016, 01:39 am »
The wife and I are watching Copper at the moment and enjoying it. Waiting for the 3rd season of Salem to released this fall.

Odal3

« Reply #212 on: 21 Aug 2016, 04:10 am »
Just finished up Shameless. Or at least the first 4 seasons that Netflix has.

On season 3. That's a "messed up" show, but I like it :thumb:

misterclean

« Reply #213 on: 21 Aug 2016, 04:13 am »

Rectify. All three seasons are now on Netflix. Season four--the final season--premiers in October. Warning: you will be binge-watching it into the wee hours of the morning. It is a great show.

stlrman

« Reply #214 on: 13 Sep 2016, 03:22 pm »
Love, season one was great!!

weatherman1

« Reply #215 on: 13 Sep 2016, 09:12 pm »
Just finished watching 'An Honorable Women' and think they could continue on.  Israeli/Palestinian intrigue with British Jewish firm attempting to build high speed communication and schools while MI-6, CIA, terrorist kidnappings and convoluted inter-twinning of different agenda's.  Bang up acting and good story development with plenty of suspense.  Sorry its over....for now.

Charles Calkins

« Reply #216 on: 13 Sep 2016, 11:15 pm »
Just canceled Netflix recently after getting tired of how difficuly it was to find major motion pictures I wanted to see. Whatever it was, whether it was in the last year or something as old as the Maltese Falcon, whatever I wanted to see always seem to come up as 'Not available for streaming'. They were pretty good for TV shows and documentaries (and a vast wasteland of straight-to-video crap that you never heard of) but that wasn't enough to justify paying for them every month. Especially as Amazon video comes free with a prime membership. So bye-bye Netflix, if I want to Watch a DVD I'll go to the Redbox machine in front of the 7-Eleven down the street.

Log on to tcm.com if you want to see old movies. tcm.com has a monthly schedule to view. I do and when I see a real decent old movie I record it.
  Sometimes on a Saturday night your PBS station might have a movie you'd like to recored.
  If I want to see a currant movie I use Redbox.

Cheers
                                                                  Charlie

weatherman1

« Reply #217 on: 14 Sep 2016, 05:13 am »
Local libraries are a good source for both old(er) movies as well audio CD's

Poultrygeist

« Reply #218 on: 14 Sep 2016, 10:10 am »
"Stranger Things" until the "Walking Dead" comes to Netflix this month.

JohnR

« Reply #219 on: 14 Sep 2016, 10:55 am »
Local libraries are a good source for both old(er) movies as well audio CD's

I've not tried movies but definitely found interesting CDs at the local library. In theory, all on your favorite online subscription service but in practice, not necessarily and anyway it's still seems more fun to just pick things off the shelf and see what you get. Costs nothing.