Oriole's ownership suspends tv announcer for telling truth...

JCarney

...about the Oriole's woes the last 4 or 5 years at Tropicana Field. I've provided a link to ESPN's article, and you can look at Awful Announcing for more if the mood strikes you. In a nutshell, the guy got suspended for pointing out the Oriole's woes in recent history against the Ray's in Fla. He went on to say that they had won as many games this year as the last four or so combined, pointing out how much better this year's team is. When watching the clip, you sort of expect him to say something worthy of suspension, he however, does not say anything worthy of suspension. It is a complete head scratcher. Clearly Orioles's ownership is in the wrong here.

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/38153162/reports-orioles-broadcaster-kevin-brown-removed-reference-struggles-vs-rays
Thanks for reading,

JCarney

Rusty Jefferson

Just like the Orioles ownership to distract their fans from the first respectable season the team's had in decades. :duh:

JCarney

Just like the Orioles ownership to distract their fans from the first respectable season the team's had in decades. :duh:
:lol: :lol:

Great response.

JCarney

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
Well, just lots of that lately. Something wrong with the truth ?

charles

kd4ylq

• Esse Quam Videri
Nothing wrong with the truth - just saying it out loud is a crime (there is another name for this, if you can guess it)

JCarney

Well, just lots of that lately. Something wrong with the truth ?

charles

Nothing wrong with the truth - just saying it out loud is a crime (there is another name for this, if you can guess it)

I believe the truth is always the way to go, but apparently others do not. Sad really.
JCarney

Letitroll98

• Volunteer
  • Too loud is just right
I wasn't aware that the orioles were still a going franchise until this story hit.  I suppose they can hire and fire whoever they like, but it seems like they dumped this guy for no reason.  If I read it correctly this gentleman isn't the play by play guy, but rather a beat reporter type.  Perhaps there were other considerations.

dB Cooper

I'm from Baltimore and haven't followed the Orioles in ages (too depressing)- so long that I didn't realize that John Angelos is now the owner? (Wikipedia says Peter). Peter Angelos is cut from the same cloth as Washington NFL former owner Dan Snyder, and apparently in John, the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree. One can only hope that, one day, long-suffering Baltimore fans will similarly find relief from their chronic case of A**hole Owner Syndrome.

JCarney

Letitroll: Yeah, you do have a point, but you have to admit, ownership looks like cry babies. Rusty pretty much covered it with his response.  :lol:

JCarney

JCarney

I'm from Baltimore and haven't followed the Orioles in ages (too depressing)- so long that I didn't realize that John Angelos is now the owner? (Wikipedia says Peter). Peter Angelos is cut from the same cloth as Washington NFL former owner Dan Snyder, and apparently in John, the fruit doesn't fall far from the tree. One can only hope that, one day, long-suffering Baltimore fans will similarly find relief from their chronic case of A**hole Owner Syndrome.

The "chronic case of A.O.S." leveled me. I like that a lot! :lol:

JCarney