Daughter graduating college!!! Out of town through 5/16/11

Wayne1

After four years of very hard work on my daughter's part and far too much money on mine :roll: , my youngest is graduating from Mizzou this week.

She managed to pack enough classes in to leave Columbia with two bachelor's degrees. One in Convergence Journalism and one in Spanish. Needless to say, her mom and I are very proud.

To celebrate the occasion, I brewed some special beers for her post grad party. We are leaving tomorrow morning at 0 dark 30 with four Party Pigs containing Kelsey's Blonde Ale, Kelsey's Kolsch, Old School IPA, and Colorado Common (Steam Beer).

Four years ago, I moved her into the oldest residence hall on campus. The temps hit 104 F and the humidity wasn't far behind. The building had no elevator and her room was on the top floor. We moved everything she had in a Dodge Caravan.

The next year, she moved into a more modern residence hall (with an elevator!). She drove her car out and I drove the rest of her stuff out in my Subaru Legacy wagon. The following year she moved off campus. The van was called into use again with multiple trips to Goodwill and WalMart.

Tomorrow we are driving the old van and the Subaru to Missouri. We are renting a trailer in Columbia. Hopefully, we can fit everything she wants to bring home in the various spaces.

I do want to acknowledge the help and major assistance of Bob in St. Louis and Scott F. Bob went above and beyond the call in helping Kelsey out when she had various car troubles. Scott and his family were very gracious in entertaining my wife and I when we came to visit four years ago. Blackmore helped out big time when I wanted to give my daughter a TT for a gift.

It's been a long, hard road. The end is in sight.

pjchappy

Re: Daughter graduating college!!! Out of town through 5/16/11
« Reply #1 on: 12 May 2011, 03:08 am »
Congratulations, Wayne!  It definitely does not seem like anywhere close to four-years ago that you were talking about her going to Mizzou, coming through KC, etc.  Time flies!

Paul

Wayne1

« Reply #2 on: 12 May 2011, 03:17 am »
Thanks Paul,

I should be meeting up with a brewing friend at Free State tomorrow around 5ish.

If you are free, let me know.

pjchappy

« Reply #3 on: 12 May 2011, 03:21 am »
Lawrence is too far, especially on a weeknight. 

Let me know if you end up stopping off in KC for any time.

Paul

Pez

« Reply #4 on: 12 May 2011, 03:40 am »
Very exciting, it doesnt seem like it's been even remotely long enough for her to already be graduating, wow...

Looking forward to seeing her again!

tabrink

• lake life is good
« Reply #5 on: 12 May 2011, 05:33 am »
Wayne
Have a spare room in kc if you need it.
We are on the Plaza.
Tom

Dave G

« Reply #6 on: 12 May 2011, 01:58 pm »
Congratulations to ALL of you, Wayne!  Your daughter did a lot of hard work, but you and your wife did good, too. 

I remember chatting with you in the spring of 2007 as you were preparing to send her off to school.  I agree with the others -- it sure doesn't seem that long ago.  Where does the time go?

Dave

PS  That Party Pig gizmo looks great.  I'll have to try it. 

zybar

• Volunteer
  • Dutch and Dutch 8C's…yes they are that good!
« Reply #7 on: 12 May 2011, 02:16 pm »
Congrats Wayne!

Have a safe trip.

George

vinyl_lady

« Reply #8 on: 12 May 2011, 02:19 pm »
Congratulations Wayne, to you, your wife, and of course your daughter. Be sure to get a picture of all 3 of you (daughter in her gown), in front of the Columns. Safe travels and enjoy the moment.

Go Tigers!

Laura

golfugh

• Dead Can Dance - Into the Labyrinth
« Reply #9 on: 12 May 2011, 02:29 pm »
Wayne

Congratulations to you, the family and your daughter!

Mark

Marbles

« Reply #10 on: 12 May 2011, 02:33 pm »
Congrats Wayne!

Have a safe trip.

George

+1

Mike B.

« Reply #11 on: 12 May 2011, 03:24 pm »
congratulations Wayne. I remember when she was visiting different schools. How time flys

MaxCast

« Reply #12 on: 12 May 2011, 03:56 pm »
Congrats to your family, Wayne.  I too remember when you posted about taking her out her freshman year.

Drive slow, 4 party kegs may be considered bootlegging.  :lol:

Wayne1

« Reply #13 on: 18 May 2011, 05:18 pm »
I'm back in town. The graduation ceremonies went well. Columbia was almost completely under water. Lots and lots of rain during our stay. No opportunity for pictures outside.

Pulling the trailer with my Subaru Legacy was an experience I'll not want to repeat again soon. All my daughter's possessions arrived safely. All are now taking up space in the garage waiting for her to get here and put them away.

I'm back on the bench trying to catch up on the back log.

Thanks for all the comments and well wishes.

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #14 on: 18 May 2011, 05:50 pm »
 CONGRATS Wayne and to your Daughter.  :beer: :banana piano: Should be a great Family day enjoy every moment.

charles

PeteG

« Reply #15 on: 18 May 2011, 11:53 pm »
Congratulations to your daughter, glad the trip was safe.
Boy it doesn’t seem like its been four years.

brj

« Reply #16 on: 19 May 2011, 12:15 am »
Congrats to you both, Wayne!

Yikes, 4 years already... how'd that happen?!

Levi

« Reply #17 on: 19 May 2011, 02:51 am »
Congrats Wayne and welcome back!  :thumb:

mgalusha

« Reply #18 on: 20 May 2011, 12:36 am »
Glad to hear it all went well and huge congrats to K*****!  :thumb:

Amazing how time flies. We went to a graduation last week for another friends daughter. I have a vivid memory of holding her as a newborn and now she's out of college with a double major. Makes me feel old just thinking about it. 

DARTH AUDIO

« Reply #19 on: 20 May 2011, 11:16 am »
I'm back in town. The graduation ceremonies went well. Columbia was almost completely under water. Lots and lots of rain during our stay. No opportunity for pictures outside.

Pulling the trailer with my Subaru Legacy was an experience I'll not want to repeat again soon. All my daughter's possessions arrived safely. All are now taking up space in the garage waiting for her to get here and put them away.

I'm back on the bench trying to catch up on the back log.

Thanks for all the comments and well wishes.
Wayne, you have an email.

Gary