Zu Dennon cartridge

daveyonthecoast

Zu Dennon cartridge
« on: 30 Jul 2016, 09:15 am »
Hello friends
I'm starting to learn, more about "audio" good or bad, so will need a bit of help, with this question!!
I have a well tempered classic made in the 90's, I have also a Zu Audio modified Dennon 103 cartridge, I wish to mount it on the classic arm, some people in the audio world have different options, but all of them are not well tempered owners!!
I wish to know if the Zu modified cartridge, with a weight, of around 11 grams, be to much for the arm, even though as you all will know, the arm is in a silcon dampening bath!!, can I get a straight answer re above matching compliance, between the two, if this is a miss match, what are the symptoms, of a miss match??
Thanks People
Regards
David 

mick wolfe

Re: Zu Dennon cartridge
« Reply #1 on: 30 Jul 2016, 02:38 pm »
I have both a Zu Denon 103 and 103R. They actually weigh 14g. Excellent cartridges especially considering the price. Used with an A23 SUT. Very good results to say the least in my Amadeus. These carts required the use of both the WT supplied counterweights or the heaviest version of the XTC for optimum results. With that said, not familiar with the Classic so might be a bit of a leap of faith, but certainly worth a try.