My opinion...

Guy 13

My opinion...
« on: 1 Nov 2012, 05:24 am »

Hi all Audio Circle members.

(Especial the: By the book audiophiles,
I will not mention any names,
because I am sure they will recognized themselves.)

Tell me; what’s the difference between me,
modifying the original design of Danny’s N3
and a guy that modify a Chevrolet Chevelle SS 396 ?

If he puts a smaller more stylish steering wheel,
will auto enthusiasm say that’s wrong to modify the original design and the car will be more difficult to steer?
I think not !

If he puts larger than original tires to get better traction,
will auto enthusiasm say that’s wrong to modify the original design?
I think not !

Transmission, differential, carburetor, suspension, all those can be modified to get different results and
I could go on like that forever.

Most auto enthusiasm (Stock car fans) or just a guy wanting a different looking and performing car, will compliment the guy for his originality, even if the car with larger tires has less stability at higher speed.

Why don’t you Audio Circle perfectionists understand what I am doing.
Did I ever seriously complain about Danny’s audio speaker stuff.
I never did.

All my projects are only for myself;
for my enjoyment
and I do get lots of fun and enjoyment with all my projects.

Stop criticizing, think positive…

As a matter of fact; I invite no one in my house to listen to my (weird) creations
and I am sure Danny doesn’t mind as long as I buy from him and post some positive comments on Audio Circle.

My creations are not for sale or to make money or to offer them commercially, even if many times I have mentioned that I would like to set up a small audio business called AUDIO 13,
that’s a dream project will probably never materializes.

Therefore, my V1, V2, V2 sub and N3 are for my personal use and enjoyment; is that too hard to understand.

I am quite aware that I don’t respect/follow the original design;
I am not that stupid not to know that,
if I do it my way, it’s because I like to do things differently, is there a law against that?

Some audiophile members came with their own design and many of them only got congratulations from the hard core audiophile members, but of course they were not using Danny’s drivers and it was their original design.

I am sure that even if I use in a project of mine, let say Eminence coaxial drivers, with Eminence PCB cross over and Eminence Beta woofer in open baffle design some of you will still be criticizing my design, because of my reputation for doing things differently.

Well have fun, do what you are good at, if you like it, I am certainly not forbid you of doing something you like.

Have fun, because I only have about 25 more years to live and that is a short time to do everything I want to do.

Guy 13 

Danny’s drivers are good, well built and affordable, even if lately the prices went up more than I like.
My only comment and it’s not a negative comment, is that I would like to see more sensitive drivers, but I am sure, that if Danny could do it, he would have done it long time ago.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: My opinion...
« Reply #1 on: 1 Nov 2012, 05:35 am »
I had mod my cars, and like customizing audio equips too.
It is a exciting hobby for me.

Hank

• http://www.geocities.com/hankbond1/index
« Reply #2 on: 1 Nov 2012, 11:19 am »
Guy 13, what is your point?  It seems like you are reacting to criticisms, but I have not seen any - maybe I missed something, since I don't read all the threads on here.  Did you modify a Danny design and then were criticized for doing so? If so, then shame on the critic, and don't let it bother you.  Have fun with this strange hobby of ours :D

Guy 13

« Reply #3 on: 1 Nov 2012, 11:46 am »
Guy 13, what is your point?  It seems like you are reacting to criticisms, but I have not seen any - maybe I missed something, since I don't read all the threads on here.  Did you modify a Danny design and then were criticized for doing so? If so, then shame on the critic, and don't let it bother you.  Have fun with this strange hobby of ours :D

Hi Hank and all Audio Circle members.

What's my point you ask?

Yes, I am reacting to criticisms
and it looks as if I am the only Audio Circle member that is doing so.

I understand that I am also probably the only Audio Circle member
doing things differently
or not according to the original design.

Well some Audio Circle members are bothering me,
but I will get over it, after a more or less strong reaction.
That's not the end of the world...

Thanks for your encouraging words,
at least I have a few Audio Circle members on my side.
All Audio Circle members cannot be all against me... (LOL)

Guy 13

Guy 13

« Reply #4 on: 1 Nov 2012, 11:48 am »
I had mod my cars, and like customizing audio equips too.
It is a exciting hobby for me.

Hi FULLRANGEMAN and all Audio Circle members.

May I ask what make and model of car(s) you have customize?

Buy the way, my favorite vintage car is the Ford Thunderbird 1963 red or white.

Guy 13

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #5 on: 1 Nov 2012, 12:02 pm »
Guy,
As I said, it's your money, so do what you want- and by all means post your designs here.  But a post by its nature often invites a response, and the crowd here is pretty knowledgeable.  Don't expect fauning adoration.

Scott

decal

« Reply #6 on: 1 Nov 2012, 12:52 pm »
Maybe you need to thicken your skin some.

Danny Richie

« Reply #7 on: 1 Nov 2012, 02:37 pm »
One of the great things about building kits is that the builder can build them any way that they want.

But just like building classic muscle cars. As soon as you put those skinny 70 series tires on the back of that SS 396 Chevelle the rest of the muscle car guys are going to tell you that you won't get good traction with those tires and performance will suffer. Gear heads are just like that. The criticism may not sound positive but it is honest.

Audiphiles are often no different. 

If you are more interested in how the car looks with your favorite wheels and tires then don't let the gear heads bother you. But if you are really interested in getting the most from the performance of that Chevelle then one might give weight to their observations.

PDR

• May the best man win
« Reply #8 on: 1 Nov 2012, 02:38 pm »
Go for it Guy....its your kit and you should be able to do whatever you please with it.

No different than the house painted purple down the street, if thats what turns them on...perfect.

I alter my builds as well, I try to keep to spec, but thats me.
I remember the first time I saw the amp built into the back of a elongated V-1.
It seemed odd to me to block the sub, but the builder loved it.

Come to think of he was Canadian as well.....hmmmm...maybe its just us Canucks.... :o

Have fun, experiment....its only a little MDF and time, you can try anything you want,
if your enjoying it then that makes it excellent.....thats what a hobby is.

This is still just a hobby......right??

Guy 13

« Reply #9 on: 1 Nov 2012, 03:12 pm »
Go for it Guy....its your kit and you should be able to do whatever you please with it.

No different than the house painted purple down the street, if thats what turns them on...perfect.

I alter my builds as well, I try to keep to spec, but thats me.
I remember the first time I saw the amp built into the back of a elongated V-1.
It seemed odd to me to block the sub, but the builder loved it.

Come to think of he was Canadian as well.....hmmmm...maybe its just us Canucks.... :o

Have fun, experiment....its only a little MDF and time, you can try anything you want,
if your enjoying it then that makes it excellent.....thats what a hobby is.

This is still just a hobby......right??

Hi Danny and all Audio Circle members.

Yes, it is still a hobby and it will stay that way for a very long time...

If one day I decide to sell my (Weird) creations using GR Research drivers,
you will be the first one to know.
I promise.

Guy 13

Thanks for your (Moral) support and encouragement.