HD Tracks- Flaming Lips "Yoshimi" Don't friggn' bother!

Pez

Re: HD Tracks- Flaming Lips "Yoshimi" Don't friggn' bother!
« Reply #20 on: 31 Aug 2011, 11:34 pm »
Well I finally got a response back from HD tracks. Their communication skills suck big time (stuff like, 'Please choose another album' with no further instruction etc), but they did the right thing and finally allowed me my choice of store credit or a refund. I chose store credit and purchased the release of the Marvin Gaye 'Collection' 24/96. Being a rather big Marvin fan I am very familiar with the way this stuff sounds. I have to say this is the best sound quality I have heard from him period. So I guess that's one good thing that's come from this whole thing.

vhiner

« Reply #21 on: 31 Aug 2011, 11:49 pm »
Wgscott,

That takes the proverbial cake! Why the hell  anyone keeps paying a premium for this stuff is beyond me.  Production costs for high Rez downloads are nil when compared with a packaged CD. Why should I pay more for a download? Apparently HDtracks has the same business model as the post office...ignore customer complaints, deny problems and raise rates. Unless they change, they won't last.

Pez

« Reply #22 on: 1 Sep 2011, 12:17 am »
Puts an unnecessary and overwhelming need for us as consumers to check and double check our purchases. This whole experience has completely tainted my view of HDtracks unfortunately.

ted_b

• Facilitator
  • "we're all bozos on this bus" F.T.
« Reply #23 on: 1 Sep 2011, 12:20 am »
BTW, PEZ, I listened to just the front l/r channels off my 5.1 layer and your description rings true...that you w re possibly hearing (and missing) 40-50% of the music.  Wow! 

Pez

« Reply #24 on: 1 Sep 2011, 01:36 am »
Actually, I'm not sure, but I think it's the rear speaker mix that's missing. Who knows though. All I know is that it was a major bummer.