Strata Mini Connections

ooztuncer

Strata Mini Connections
« on: 12 Apr 2013, 12:54 pm »
Hello all,

I am having a really hard Friday (brain fart) and did not understand the strata mini manual; i.e., how am I gonna connect it to my old denon 987?

If any of you describe the process or better post a picture I would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards and thanks in advance...

ooztuncer

Re: Strata Mini Connections
« Reply #1 on: 12 Apr 2013, 08:18 pm »
alright everything is fine now (after a good dinner). thread can be closed...

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 12 Apr 2013, 09:54 pm »
Well, sounds like you found your answer before I could even respond.

Cool...

Airborn

« Reply #3 on: 12 Apr 2013, 11:15 pm »
Well, sounds like you found your answer before I could even respond.

Cool...
I'd be interested in your input on the Minis' connections Danny.  I've got mine connected per the manual with my speaker cables connected to the lower plastic WBT binding posts on the Mini, then those are connected with the supplied jumper cable (very stiff) from AV123 plugged into the highest set of binding posts (which I assume is the internal woofer amp and cross-over input) as shown here:

However, I have always wondered what the other 3 sets of binding posts are for and what the 4 rca inputs are for.  The manual doesn't say except for the vaugest of references and actually shows most of these additional inputs (12 total!) cross-out and presumably not to be used.  What were these other inputs for, do you know?? :scratch: 

ooztuncer

« Reply #4 on: 13 Apr 2013, 01:36 pm »
hmm thats interesting since I did not connect like that.

I connected :

i) my receiver's "speaker a" output to mini's bottom posts,
ii) my receiver's "speaker b" output to mini's high level input (first row),
iii) and jump connected mini's left channel high level input  and output (second row to forth row).

As a final step, I selected "large" front speakers and enabled speakers a and b on the receiver.

Here is a photo:

Danny, would you please verify it is OK.

Best regards.

Danny Richie

« Reply #5 on: 13 Apr 2013, 02:48 pm »
I haven't seen those things in a while, but I think the amp was designed for multipurpose sub woofers.

The two speaker level inputs are for taking a left and right input and summing them. The speaker outputs are a pass through that likely have a high pass filter in them. The high pass filter will likely be about a 100uF electrolytic cap. I don't recommend sending your signal to your main speakers through those.

For the Mini Strata application you need only feed one input a signal and I recommend that signal (from a single speaker cable) first go to your binding post for the upper section of the speaker, and from there run a jumper to the plate amp.

No other jumpers or connections should be used unless you are driving them with a RCA input. If using a RCA input then you will not use the speaker level input.   

rsa

« Reply #6 on: 14 Apr 2013, 10:06 pm »
Deleted.

I missed that you already had the manual. Oops. :)