Having trouble picking a model to order

TKonrad.NOLA

Having trouble picking a model to order
« on: 12 Mar 2016, 05:09 pm »
I was using Ascend Sierra Towers with the RAAL.  Loved them, BUT they were piano black and I spent as much time cleaning them as I did listening to them.  They were dust magnets and with a dog who thought they were windows/mirrors, I was constantly cleaning off licks and nose prints.

I sold them to buy another pair in a different finish.  I then decided to go the Salk route and get something custom.  My first thought was to get a pair of Silks and now I am thinking Supercharged Songtowers.  I can't make up my mind.

I want this set of speakers to be the last set I buy for a while.  I mostly listen to Jazz, R&B and electronic music like Cassandra Wilson, Zero7, Erykah Badu, Daft Punk, Radiohead, Sade, etc.  I want a pristine midrange, that top end that only the RAAL can provide and I want it to dig deep.  I like bass that makes people think a sub is playing.

Any advice?
« Last Edit: 12 Mar 2016, 10:35 pm by DigitalDude »

avahifi

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.avahifi.com
Re: Having trouble picking a model to order
« Reply #1 on: 12 Mar 2016, 05:44 pm »
You can't go wrong with the Supercharged Song Towers.  Amazing value and quality from sound to build quality and cabinet finish.

Frank Van Alstine

WGH

« Reply #2 on: 12 Mar 2016, 06:53 pm »
If your budget and room size is smallish then the Supercharged Song Towers are the way to go.
But after listening to the regular Songtowers and the HT2-TL's side-by-side the only choice for me was the HT2-TL because of the bass, a Supercharged comparison would be closer but....

I think the HT2-TL is the sweet spot in the Salk lineup. Three friends have speakers that retail for over $10,000, all are different and all are excellent and the HT2-TL's are right up there with the best.

Wayne

martyo

« Reply #3 on: 12 Mar 2016, 07:04 pm »
If your budget and room size is smallish then the Supercharged Song Towers are the way to go.
But after listening to the regular Songtowers and the HT2-TL's side-by-side the only choice for me was the HT2-TL because of the bass, a Supercharged comparison would be closer but....

I think the HT2-TL is the sweet spot in the Salk lineup. Three friends have speakers that retail for over $10,000, all are different and all are excellent and the HT2-TL's are right up there with the best.

Wayne

:thumb:

PSB Guy

« Reply #4 on: 12 Mar 2016, 07:08 pm »

TKonrad.NOLA

« Reply #5 on: 12 Mar 2016, 08:52 pm »
You can't go wrong with the Supercharged Song Towers.  Amazing value and quality from sound to build quality and cabinet finish.

Frank Van Alstine

Thanks for that reply.  Just talked to Jim and ordered them.