Mystery Bookshelf Speakers

zieglj01

• AV Trekker
Mystery Bookshelf Speakers
« on: 22 Nov 2021, 11:33 pm »
I paid $40 for them and seem to be custom made ...and they are not junk, but I had to replace the fuses for the tweeters ... the cabinets are 14" H x 9" W x 6" D and are 3/4" thick and weigh about 20 lbs each ... the front port is 5 inches deep ... the woofer is 6 inches and not a cheap Sony like one, but there is no marking on the shielded woofer and the material looks similar to Kevlar and has a fat rubber surround, the tweeter is a metal or ceramic dome ... I did remove some of the felt carpet material and replaced that with poly-batten ... it was designed with a first order woofer and tweeter crossover with a poly cap! ... and even with the first order crossover it sounds mostly linear with a slight rise in frequencies ... no real irritating nasal or congested boxy sound, but there is some slight sibilance at times ... I would like to see a better tweeter and maybe a second order crossover and would prefer a rear port, because sound can leak through the front port. I find them better than some of those cheap entry level speakers from the past.