New Sub

jsalk

New Sub
« on: 23 Apr 2006, 12:09 pm »
Mark Lebovits wanted a sub to go with his HT3's, HTC and HT1's.

Since the HT3's already had a pair of TC Sounds 10" (sub) woofers, he wanted something to augment the bottom end.  So we went with a 15" TC Sounds TC2+ driver and a 500-watt BASH plate amp.

Here is the result:

The sub is 22" wide, 22" deep and 24" tall.  Here is a side view with the grill:

The plate amp we used features a sub-sonic filter with variable cut-off, an EQ section with variable Q to extend the response, variable phase control, variable crossover and 500-watts of power.

With the addition of this sub, Mark should have a killer home theater/multi-channel music system.

- Jim

BradJudy

New Sub
« Reply #1 on: 23 Apr 2006, 02:00 pm »
As usual, it looks beautiful.  I'm guessing it's sealed?  Have you done measurements?  What's the cost looking like?

jermmd

New Sub
« Reply #2 on: 23 Apr 2006, 02:02 pm »
Very nice. Can I ask how much it cost? Have you listened to it? What specs (Freq. response and db output) would you guesstimate for this sub? Presumably this is a non ported, closed box design?

jermmd

New Sub
« Reply #3 on: 23 Apr 2006, 02:02 pm »
oops, BradJudy beat me to it.

jsalk

New Sub
« Reply #4 on: 24 Apr 2006, 02:03 pm »
Yes, this is a sealed design.  This could also be implemented in a ported design that would play lower, but the cabinet would be quite a bit larger.

I didn't have a chance to take any specific measurements before I had to pack this up and get it shipped.  But I did play with it for about an hour in my system.  I would suspect that with the EQ function in the plate amp, the F3 would be about 20Hz or slightly lower.

The price depends on the actual plate amp used.  Prices would range from roughly $1695 to $2295 for a sub this size.

- Jim

jsalk

New Sub
« Reply #5 on: 24 Apr 2006, 02:04 pm »
Quote from: jsalk
Yes, this is a sealed design.  This could also be implemented in a ported design that would play lower, but the cabinet would be quite a bit larger.

I didn't have a chance to take any specific measurements before I had to pack this up and get it shipped.  But I did play with it for about an hour in my system.  I would suspect that with the EQ function in the plate amp, the F3 would be about 20Hz or slightly lower.

The price depends on the actual plate amp used.  Prices would range from roughly $1695 to $2295 for a sub this size with this type of driver.

- Jim

texas steve

New Sub
« Reply #6 on: 24 Apr 2006, 02:44 pm »
Quote from: jsalk

The price depends on the actual plate amp used.  Prices would range from roughly $1695 to $2295 for a sub this size.

- Jim

Beautiful work Jim!