What are you watching right now?

SlushPuppy

Re: What are you watching right now?
« Reply #160 on: 13 Apr 2012, 03:22 pm »
Yep, dragons, a badass Kentucky boy, badass (if not reluctantly) London boy, and a hot chopper pilot. What's not to love.  :D

Yep  :thumb:

ArthurDent

• Don't Panic / Mostly Harmless
« Reply #161 on: 15 Apr 2012, 11:12 pm »

bakufu

« Reply #162 on: 15 Apr 2012, 11:21 pm »

the 2010 taiga drama.  not nearly as good as some, but better than i expected.

ArthurDent

« Reply #163 on: 1 May 2012, 11:02 pm »

mjosef

« Reply #164 on: 2 May 2012, 04:00 am »
Just finished on PBS...Frontline: Money, Power and Wall Street.
A 4-part series on the financial crisis, both depressing and eye-opening at the same time.
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/money-power-wall-street/

ArthurDent

« Reply #165 on: 2 May 2012, 07:06 am »

jimdgoulding

« Reply #166 on: 5 May 2012, 07:23 pm »
Fast Five!  Caught this on cable this morning.  Damn, this has some good things going for it!  I normally avoid action flicks which this is, but I may have never seen one this good.  Perfect casting, clever and funny dialog, and action scenes like I've never seen.  Not just for their action, but for the editing.  The chase scene in the hillside barrio of Rio early on in the movie is edge of your seat intense and flawless.  State of the art from what I've seen.  Plus, it's filmed in Rio which is never hard on the eyes to me.  This flick, the look of it, the screenplay, and it's actors and the editing are all top shelf.  This is a hell af a piece of film making in spite of it's subject.  Plus, the caper at the end may be the most outrageous and explosive thing on film.  Expensive, too, I'd venture.  Five stars.
« Last Edit: 5 May 2012, 08:25 pm by jimdgoulding »

Barry_NJ

• So much media... So little time...
« Reply #167 on: 9 May 2012, 03:44 pm »

jimdgoulding

« Reply #168 on: 9 May 2012, 06:16 pm »
R U T H L E S S  P E O P L E-  This couldn't be better. The charactors, the cast, and the writing are all note perfect!!  And it's as hilarous as it is ingenius.

neobop

• BIRD LIVES

Eric

« Reply #170 on: 15 May 2012, 03:26 pm »
I just finished watching the 1939 version of Goodbye Mr. Chips. It is sort of like a 1930's version of Mr. Holland's Opus.

jimdgoulding

« Reply #171 on: 18 May 2012, 08:34 pm »
Law and Order SVU on TV and something occurred to me.  Ice T cannot act a minute so what the hey is he doing in this series?  I figure when they were casting they were thinking, well, he has a large audience a lot of whom will watch.  If black actor Andre Braugher were the actor selected it sure would be a better show.  He may very well have stolen it!  I suppose that could be a reason or maybe he had other commitments.   Speaking of Andre Braugher, anybody know what he's doing these days?

I saw Australian production "The Hard Word" recently with Guy Pearce in the lead and it is very good.  Like to see more from down under myself. 

ArthurDent

« Reply #172 on: 27 May 2012, 03:35 am »

on PBS

Noseyears

• Restricted
  • SS-Audio
    • Supreme Sound Audio
« Reply #173 on: 28 May 2012, 06:02 pm »
Just saw a preview for Battleship   DAMN

http://xfinitytv.comcast.net/movies/Battleship/216721/2224487615/Preview%3A-Exclusive-Scene%3A-First-Contact-HD/videos

The movie critics gave it a low score though. Probably is just special affects and poor acting?

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give
« Reply #174 on: 5 Jun 2012, 12:19 am »

neobop

• BIRD LIVES
« Reply #175 on: 5 Jun 2012, 02:28 am »
The movie critics gave it a low score though. Probably is just special affects and poor acting?

I only saw the preview and it looked like it could be good.  I'm guessing that the special affects were the strong point.  The reviews say that part is great, but the story and parts of the plot are stupid/implausible.  I saw one review that said it was a satire and everybody didn't get it.  (there's a link on the Battleship thread.)  I figure it's a failure in that respect, any way you look at it.  If it was a satire and nobody got it, it was a failure as a satire.  This is my surmise, not having seen the movie.  :roll:

Eric

« Reply #177 on: 12 Jun 2012, 08:01 pm »
Confederate States of America

pumpkinman

• A Kind Word Is an Easy Gift To Give

Barry_NJ

• So much media... So little time...