World's BEST ac outlets.......Maestro ac outlets ???

HiFiSoundGuy

Has anyone here tried these ac outlets yet?   http://www.cruzefirstaudio.com/maestro_outlet.htm

Nuance

Re: World's BEST ac outlets.......Maestro ac outlets ???
« Reply #1 on: 4 Jul 2010, 04:43 am »
Sounds like a prime example of voodoo and snake oil to me.  How's an outlet like that going to magically improve the crappy power that we all receive through miles and miles of lines (the same logic applies to power cables)?  What we really need is battery systems, or our own dedicated power plant.  :eyebrows:

Here's my favorite part of the link:

"Tripoint Audio needed the best outlet in the world in terms of neutrality, speed, accurateness, immediacy, and natural timbre."

How does an outlet add neutrality, speed, accurateness, immediacy and natural timbre?  :lol: :lol: :roll: :banghead:  My other favorite part is they don't even explain why this is "the" outlet to buy; only giving some lame testimonial's (which they probably made up).  Pathetic!

DanTheMan

• DanTheMan's blabber
« Reply #2 on: 4 Jul 2010, 05:46 am »
Nuance, looks like more debunking is in order here.

http://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=79787.60

Dan 8)

srb

« Reply #3 on: 4 Jul 2010, 06:00 am »
The outlet appears to have contacts that look predominately copper, but it does look like you will most likely be attaching your copper romex wire between standard nickel plated brass screws and a brass plate.

Beyond a website not proofed for spelling errors, I am most surprised that they are attempting to sell an AC power conditioner for $35,000, the African Bubinga veneer with 14 coats of clear lacquer aside.

Steve

satfrat

• Restricted
  • Boston Red Sox!! 2004 / 2007 / 2013
« Reply #4 on: 4 Jul 2010, 06:03 am »
Sounds like a prime example of voodoo and snake oil to me.  How's an outlet like that going to magically improve the crappy power that we all receive through miles and miles of lines (the same logic applies to power cables)?  What we really need is battery systems, or our own dedicated power plant.  :eyebrows:

Here's my favorite part of the link:

"Tripoint Audio needed the best outlet in the world in terms of neutrality, speed, accurateness, immediacy, and natural timbre."

How does an outlet add neutrality, speed, accurateness, immediacy and natural timbre?  :lol: :lol: :roll: :banghead:  My other favorite part is they don't even explain why this is "the" outlet to buy; only giving some lame testimonial's (which they probably made up).  Pathetic!

Thanks for sharing your nonexperiences Nuance.  8)

Cheers,
Robin

jbtrio

« Reply #5 on: 4 Jul 2010, 06:14 am »
In high end audio a lot of the manufactures explainations are suspect. Yes I know it don't make sense but ,IMHO outlets and PC can sound quite different.
 Nuance did you ever try different PC's and outlets? If your system has somewhat good resolution you should hear a difference.

Joe

bpape

• Industry Participant
  • I am serious and don't call my Shirley
    • Sensible Sound Solutions
« Reply #6 on: 4 Jul 2010, 01:38 pm »
Sounds like a prime example of voodoo and snake oil to me.  How's an outlet like that going to magically improve the crappy power that we all receive through miles and miles of lines (the same logic applies to power cables)? 

I really get so tired of that argument (nothing personal Nuance).    That's like saying because the state, county, and city don't take care of the roads, I shouldn't have a nice smooth driveway because it's only the last 50 feet.

Bryan

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #7 on: 4 Jul 2010, 01:50 pm »
At $79 it's not the most expensive out there.  That's for sure.

My main concern would be if the outlet is UL approved.  To me, if it's not, I don't care what it will do...it doesn't go in my wall.

I also tend to stay away from any claims that manufacturer makes of "The Best In The World".

I understand that type of marketing but at the same time very successful companies are because of the consumer.  That is the best way to spread the word IMO.

jamesdb

« Reply #8 on: 4 Jul 2010, 02:11 pm »
Will plus-es are that it uses a copper/brass alloy and has been cryo'd as does Furutech, plus goes through a burn-in before shipping, and is rated 20 amps. However it does not guarantee that it does not contain non-magnetic parts which is a negative,  and extra plating may be a personal preference. Seems a little costly overall.

decal

« Reply #9 on: 4 Jul 2010, 02:37 pm »
They must be the best in the world.They say so right on the internet and we all know that you can't tell lies on the internet,right? :scratch:

Bill@LakeGeorge

« Reply #10 on: 4 Jul 2010, 04:13 pm »

Thanks for sharing your nonexperiences Nuance.  8)

Cheers,
Robin

+1

HiFiSoundGuy

« Reply #11 on: 4 Jul 2010, 04:52 pm »
  A stereo system is only as good as its weakest link and those very cheap ac outlets is one of those weak links.....

Jon L

« Reply #12 on: 4 Jul 2010, 05:24 pm »
At least I agree with this point they make:

"Most of them altered or equalized the sound because of the fancy plating and the mixture of alloys used."

And at least they have the decency to charge only half as much as certain others  :eyebrows:

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #13 on: 4 Jul 2010, 06:02 pm »
Oh.....I see that the HiFiSoundGuy is back....

Another ad......hhmmmm.... :duh:

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #14 on: 4 Jul 2010, 06:35 pm »

Is he a dealer Chris? And even if he is a dealer, this is the General Audio Circle where questions are asked and experiences and nonexperiences are shared so what difference does it make who's asking the questions?  :scratch: 

Cheers,
Robin

HiFiSoundGuy

« Reply #15 on: 4 Jul 2010, 06:40 pm »

No, I'm not connected with this company in any way.....

HiFiSoundGuy

« Reply #16 on: 4 Jul 2010, 06:42 pm »

Is he a dealer Chris? And even if he is a dealer, this is the General Audio Circle where questions are asked and experiences and nonexperiences are shared so what difference does it make who's asking the questions?  :scratch: 

Cheers,
Robin
  No, I'm not a dealer

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #17 on: 4 Jul 2010, 06:53 pm »

Cheers,
Robin

I guess you didn't play "follow the link" Robin.....link...  :lol:

TheChairGuy

« Reply #18 on: 4 Jul 2010, 06:54 pm »
I think among the best investments in this hobby was a $10 IG8300 hospital grade outlet from Lowes a few years ago.

I ended up with a $36 (cryo'ed) Porter Port outlet....if there was a difference from the original $10 Lowe's unit, it was very slight.  But, the step from the $0.49 contractor grade unit to the $10 Lowes was outright HUGE.

No wire swap has ever provided that level of consistent betterment as the change to a 'better' outlet was. The music just settled and sounded so much more natural with any of the outlets past the original contractor grade one.

John

satfrat

• Restricted
« Reply #19 on: 4 Jul 2010, 07:20 pm »
I guess you didn't play "follow the link" Robin.....link...  :lol:

So the guy asks a lot of questions,,, maybe he should ask them elsewhere?  :scratch: 

At least he's full of questions and not full of answers based on nonexperiences.  :lol:  Questions I can handle, it's the dismissive answers that get a little old for me. But if you can't handle his constant questions Chris, that's cool too.  8) 

Happy 4th buddy, I'm glad to be around here this year to enjoy it.  :thumb:

Cheers,
Robin