Frequencies of the vuvuzela

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
Frequencies of the vuvuzela
« on: 20 Jun 2010, 02:02 am »
I was thinking about this in the car today - what are the frequencies you would filter for the vuvuzela, including harmonics?

"Surfpoeten claims that the main vuvuzela frequencies to filter are 233, 466, 932, and 1864Hz (this gets the main tone and several overtones)."

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/news/2010/06/enjoy-a-vuvuzela-free-world-cup-thanks-to-technology.ars

Audiovista

• Industry Contributor
    • Vista-Audio
Re: Frequencies of the vuvuzela
« Reply #1 on: 20 Jun 2010, 06:01 pm »
I do broadband attenuation, by use of volume control  :D

Also helps with the commentators whose previous job was reporting golf tournaments  :D

Mariusz

« Reply #2 on: 20 Jun 2010, 06:19 pm »
I found watching Cup games more pleasant on ESPN & ABC. Hispanic channels sound horrible (and no, I do not speak Spanish). Is it possible that ESPN/ABC filter some of it out???

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #3 on: 20 Jun 2010, 06:27 pm »
As soon as I realized that the buzz of the vuvuzelas was not a warning of aerial attack, I came to relax and enjoy them as part of a wonderful local pageantry. As for the announcers doing play by play, I find them to be a breath of fresh air. The Gaelic colloquialisms and quick observations embarrass the cliche ridden blather of our American sports announcers, especially the droning bathos that accompanies ever pitch in baseball.

Good show so far, this world cup.

Mariusz

« Reply #4 on: 20 Jun 2010, 08:35 pm »
I found watching Cup games more pleasant on ESPN & ABC. Hispanic channels sound horrible (and no, I do not speak Spanish). Is it possible that ESPN/ABC filter some of it out???

They did :
http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/wireStory?id=10947490

mjosef

« Reply #5 on: 20 Jun 2010, 09:09 pm »
I actually switch to the spanish station when a goal is scored, they celebrate the goal as it should be....ggggooooooooaaaaaalllllllllllllll lllll.  :lol:
In contrast the English announcers are way too demur.
And I like the vuvuzelas, I imagine a swarm of bees covering the skies... :eyebrows: