RMAF

ratso

RMAF
« on: 18 Oct 2010, 04:36 pm »
sitting in my hotel room in beautiful denver, co. it is monday morning and i am here for a week, turned RMAF into a little mini-vacation for the family. i will post more thoughts about the show on the salk thread, but just wanted to mention a few thoughts about the virtue room.
1. the room sounded great!
2. jason was one of the nicest guys i met at the show.
3. one of the real (ok the NUMBER ONE) discoveries of the show was the holographic arts speakers that really shined and appear to start at very reasonable prices ($1800???). but when i went to the website it is out of commision? and google shows nothing? they even appear to be confused about the name of the company - their card says "holistic audio arts" and RMAF has holographic arts? who are these guys? i hope this is the kickoff for them and more info will be coming soon.

mattyturner

Re: RMAF
« Reply #1 on: 18 Oct 2010, 07:07 pm »
I thought it was $18,000 ?! Yes, they sounded great. I believe more info, website etc will be forthcoming.

If it was $1,800 I wouldn't HESITATE, they sounded fantastic.

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #2 on: 18 Oct 2010, 08:13 pm »
Thanks for dropping by!  JT and Cami rock, don't they?

The little ones, with a single 7" down-firing driver are $1,800!  The big ones were $20k.

Jack is working on his website...  Not a brilliant stroke of marketing to have nothing ready but he's been busy buildin' speakers!

ratso

« Reply #3 on: 18 Oct 2010, 10:53 pm »
wasn't trying to slight cami (honestly i just didn't want to get her name wrong) - she was just as nice as jason was.  :thumb:

Mama Virtue

« Reply #4 on: 19 Oct 2010, 02:16 am »
Hehe, that's ok. BTW, if you didn't tell me your Audiocircle name I probably didn't know who you were aside from your REAL name  :wink: I had a ton of fun, and probably met lots of Audiocircle members. Lots of work to do, J and I made it home safe and sound, just  :sleep:

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #5 on: 19 Oct 2010, 02:26 am »
I had a blast !
for those of you that missed my %50 off cables at the show... sucks to be you  :icon_twisted:

I met allot of new people and was surprised to see as many audiocircle folks as I did.

Ratso I'm glad you made it ! have fun with your family, Colorado is just beautiful !
« Last Edit: 19 Oct 2010, 01:09 pm by Jason T »

WGH

« Reply #6 on: 19 Oct 2010, 03:19 am »
Hey Jason, it was great to meet you. I ran out out time on Saturday and never made it to the Virtue room. That was a fun weekend, just got back in Tucson this morning so shoot me an email and we'll hook up.

Wayne

dba

• demand better audio
    • Demand Better Audio
« Reply #7 on: 19 Oct 2010, 02:22 pm »
Oh you bunch of teaser's - get some photo's up for us on the island  :wink:

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #8 on: 20 Oct 2010, 12:04 am »
Here's a few of our room for you guys

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #9 on: 20 Oct 2010, 12:30 am »
Hey Jason, it was great to meet you. I ran out out time on Saturday and never made it to the Virtue room. That was a fun weekend, just got back in Tucson this morning so shoot me an email and we'll hook up.

Wayne

Wayne
toss me an email and we'll connect soon.
cables@virtueaudio.com

Jason

ltr317

« Reply #10 on: 20 Oct 2010, 12:39 am »
Hi Jason and Cami,

Even though I didn't get to your room because of time constraints, I was glad to meet you guys briefly.  And any friend of Seth's is a friend of mine.  Since I have the Sensation M451 in my bedroom system I didn't feel the absolute need to make it to the Virtue room.  But if Seth exhibits again next year, I will definitely hang out a bit.  Cheers.

Paul Mah

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #11 on: 20 Oct 2010, 02:14 am »
Jack and Michelle really killed it all weekend.  Tremendous effort and a fabulous performance.  There were talks of awards for Jack's very life-like sounding speakers.  This was his debut and he knocked it out of the park!  We will hear lots from Holographic Arts moving forward!

HAL

• Industry Contributor
« Reply #12 on: 20 Oct 2010, 02:23 am »
Jason and Cami,
It was great to meet you and have dinner at Garcia's on Sunday evening with the gang.

The Virtue RCA Coax and USB cables were put to good use even during the show in my hotel room!  Thanks again for the great deal! 

dba

• demand better audio
    • Demand Better Audio
« Reply #13 on: 20 Oct 2010, 09:54 am »
Looks fantastic :thumb: now try and sample the sound in a little box and send that out too :lol:
Now i recognise the speakers, very interesting tech and an airy sound - the AES better decide on a way of measuring spatial quality soon because all these non-box solutions are leading the way  8) :wink:

jtwrace

• www.theintellectualpeoplepodcast.com
    • TIPP YouTube Channel
« Reply #14 on: 20 Oct 2010, 11:32 am »
if Seth exhibits again next year
Paul Mah

I hope he does! 

momini1

« Reply #15 on: 20 Oct 2010, 12:38 pm »
Seth, could you detail the setup for those of us who weren't able to attend?

Mrs. Ninja

• Industry Participant
« Reply #16 on: 21 Oct 2010, 09:15 pm »
Cami,

I am posting here too to say how great it was to meet you (on the last day sucked) but look forward to seeing you guys again. Thanks for the nice comments on my RMAF write up you are the sweetest (GAG I sound like a teenage cheerleader) but it was nice of you.

I couldn't remember if you guys said Virtue was on Facebook. Let me know (going in to teenage mode again) we can like totally like "like" you guys and you can "like" us too kay.

Mrs. Ninja

TrungT

« Reply #17 on: 21 Oct 2010, 10:16 pm »
Mrs. Ninja
Nice to meet you and thanks for the Ninja pin. :thumb:
Yes, Virtue is on Facebook.

virtue

• Facilitator
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #18 on: 22 Oct 2010, 05:25 pm »
James and Linda Darby, and our fan John Richardson spent an hour in our room on Saturday.

http://www.stereomojo.com/RMAF%202010/RockyMountainAudioFest2010pt4.htm

Their show coverage does a better job than I could ever do, describing what what going on in the room.  Jack was doing some rocket science with his speakers.  Sounded very open and airy to me ;-)  Burp.

Mama Virtue

« Reply #19 on: 22 Oct 2010, 06:03 pm »
Honestly am waiting on Your's truly (Seth) but can't wait for the next show we decide to do. RMAF was awesome, and Jason and I look forward to the next one, meeting some of our customers face to face was a great experience and enjoying new friends after the show (even though some of our time was much too short, ie time with the Ninja family) was just wonderful!