Is Vapor Audio still in business?

djpk

Is Vapor Audio still in business?
« on: 20 Sep 2021, 03:46 am »
I own some Vapor Audio Aurora speakers and love them. I had a good buying experience with Vapor Audio when I purchased them a few years ago. I went to the Vapor web site today and it no longer seems to be active. Is Vapor Audio still in business?

Phil A

Re: Is Vapor Audio still in business?
« Reply #1 on: 20 Sep 2021, 12:23 pm »
It’s either that or they are re-doing the website? Although their Facebook page seems to have no activity for a few years

dpatters

« Reply #2 on: 20 Sep 2021, 01:01 pm »
I don’t think so. I haven’t been able to make any contact. Love my Vapor Joule Blacks though. Delivered in November 2014. Look brand new and sound fantastic.

Don P.

newzooreview

« Reply #3 on: 20 Sep 2021, 01:23 pm »
The speakers I ordered were shipped a year late with no explanation or clear communication. They were also the worst sounding speakers I have ever owned. If it violates the dirty laundry policy to state that, then please delete this, but relevant to "where is Vapor Audio," it may be that others also had difficult experiences and this affected sales.

mav52

« Reply #4 on: 20 Sep 2021, 01:28 pm »
Still have my Breeze customs for my office. NO issues in a long time, and they still sound good driven by my Pass Xa30.5. I had zero issue with my purchase or the delivery of the speakers. I don't think Ryan even got over the death of his wife.

Phil A

« Reply #5 on: 20 Sep 2021, 02:53 pm »
There's no record of a corporate dissolution at the Missouri Secretary of State's site.  I would send a PM to Ed Ro - https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=162396.40  who's the facilitator and who last posted about a model.

djpk

« Reply #6 on: 20 Sep 2021, 03:20 pm »
There's no record of a corporate dissolution at the Missouri Secretary of State's site.  I would send a PM to Ed Ro - https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=162396.40  who's the facilitator and who last posted about a model.
Good suggestion. I'll try to contact Ed. I've read about some of the bad experiences customers have had with Vapor, but I had a satisfactory buying experience. Speakers were delivered within the appropriate time frame, they were very well packed, and they look and sound fantastic. Mine have several upgrades that were available at the time including a beautiful Black Graphite finish. Very happy with these speakers.

EdRo

« Reply #7 on: 20 Sep 2021, 03:45 pm »
Glad you are still loving your Auroras, djpk! That model was my first love as a design.
 EdRo

Phil A

decal

« Reply #9 on: 20 Sep 2021, 11:36 pm »
Glad you are still loving your Auroras, djpk! That model was my first love as a design.
 EdRo

So Ed, is Vapor still in business? :scratch:

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #10 on: 21 Sep 2021, 12:34 am »

So Ed, is Vapor still in business? :scratch:

No. Quite obviously not.

Lick your wounds. Move on.

toddc2

• That dog sure loves beer
« Reply #11 on: 12 Oct 2021, 08:05 pm »
The last I heard from Ryan was Feb 2019. He offered up a reasonable settlement for my deposit but I never heard back from him after that. I normally text his cell on the anniversary date of my order but he hasn't responded.

Maybe Ryan will make good on his outstanding orders some day. As far as I know it was down to just a couple of us.

jimmy warren

« Reply #12 on: 18 Oct 2021, 10:16 pm »
Reference Vapor Audio I have texted Peter S who works with Ryan.  Per Pete S Ryan still owns the website Domain but everything is changing.  He will be working on a few builds and is to begin making 3D printed enclosures starting with a 12" 3 way-as a modular design like Joule but with very organic shapes.  This is still in the theoretical stage and talking with printers.  Lining up the talent.  No timeline set. This message from Pete S was just last month Sept 2021.  I was a fairly close neighbor of Ryans as I lived in Kirkwood, MO not too far from House Spring, Mo where his shop was.. Just wanted to update people about Vapor

Phil A

« Reply #13 on: 18 Oct 2021, 11:15 pm »
Thanks for the update.  Given some of the problems, it would seem to me that it would be best whoever is responsible in Vapor to reach out to who's ever left with unanswered questions.  I think that's what a good portion of the problem was in the first place - lack of communication.  One could just look at this thread and get an idea as to the existing speculation.  There is apparently a minimal website now showing - https://www.vaporsound.com/   but no indication what's happening.  It would nice if there was even some sort of acknowledgement on the website or even the Facebook page (which apparently hasn't been touched in over 4 years).  Nothing elaberate is required.  While someone may have a different opinion, to me it's just not a good sign.

JerryM

• Where's The Bar?
« Reply #14 on: 19 Oct 2021, 08:24 pm »
Reference Vapor Audio I have texted Peter S who works with Ryan.  Per Pete S Ryan still owns the website Domain but everything is changing.  He will be working on a few builds and is to begin making 3D printed enclosures starting with a 12" 3 way-as a modular design like Joule but with very organic shapes.  This is still in the theoretical stage and talking with printers.  Lining up the talent.  No timeline set. This message from Pete S was just last month Sept 2021.  I was a fairly close neighbor of Ryans as I lived in Kirkwood, MO not too far from House Spring, Mo where his shop was.. Just wanted to update people about Vapor

Thanks, jimmy warren. Hoping for nothing but Ryan's renewed success.  :thumb: