4G iMod - breaks in the music.

nodiak

4G iMod - breaks in the music.
« on: 26 May 2007, 06:29 pm »
Wow, can really be a drag. Happens at low level parts of some music, especially some of the techno/ambient stuff. Wrecks the mood of course. And then knowing it's coming takes away from the fun a bit.
Otherwise really enjoying the sq of the iMod.
Will the 5G avoid this problem?
Don

JDUBS

Re: 4G iMod - breaks in the music.
« Reply #1 on: 26 May 2007, 08:17 pm »
Wow, can really be a drag. Happens at low level parts of some music, especially some of the techno/ambient stuff. Wrecks the mood of course. And then knowing it's coming takes away from the fun a bit.
Don

Can you describe the problem?  Are these "breaks" between songs?

-Jim

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #2 on: 26 May 2007, 11:18 pm »
Don

Hi Don,

Yes, can you please explain this in more detail?  Do you mean the sound drops out?

It might be SW related.  Are you sure it has nothing to do with the file that you are playing (maybe it needs to be ripped again)?  Also, doing a "Restore" in iTunes can sometimes be helpful with fixing SW glitches.

Please keep us posted,

Vinnie

nodiak

« Reply #3 on: 26 May 2007, 11:56 pm »
Oh ok, just me? That's good...and bad.
It's a gap in the music that occurs at some of the quieter sections of some songs, as if iMod is turned off for a second then comes back on. A silent pause like the breaks between songs.
What's SW? (Tech neanderthal here).
Used Lossless, but can do a restore, and/or rip again tomorrow.
Cool if it's on my end and fixable.
Don 

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
« Reply #4 on: 27 May 2007, 02:33 pm »
Oh ok, just me? That's good...and bad.
It's a gap in the music that occurs at some of the quieter sections of some songs, as if iMod is turned off for a second then comes back on. A silent pause like the breaks between songs.
What's SW? (Tech neanderthal here).
Used Lossless, but can do a restore, and/or rip again tomorrow.
Cool if it's on my end and fixable.
Don 

Hi Don,

SW = Software (the actual music files or the firmware on the iPod that runs the unit)

I would first try to delete the songs and re-rip them to Lossless.  If you still have trouble, so a firmware restore of the iPod using iTunes (note, this will delete all your files on the iPod) and then copy them back on.  That should solve your problem.

I'm very confident that what you are describing is a software-related glitch and can be solved as described above.  This could of happened even with a stock unit, as the iMod has nothing to do with what you are describing.

Best regards,

Vinnie

nodiak

« Reply #5 on: 27 May 2007, 03:24 pm »
Vinnie, I'll see what I can do today or soon.
Don