Clari-T within?

someidiot

Clari-T within?
« on: 6 Sep 2005, 07:50 pm »
Hi Vinnie,

Is there sufficient room, and would you consider, installing the Clari-T inside the SB2 housing? It would be convenient to run them both from one battery, and there's perhaps some possibility for further sonic improvement?

- Kris

Vinnie R.

• Industry Contributor
    • http://www.vinnierossi.com
Re: Clari-T within?
« Reply #1 on: 7 Sep 2005, 12:12 am »
Quote from: someidiot
Hi Vinnie,

Is there sufficient room, and would you consider, installing the Clari-T inside the SB2 housing? It would be convenient to run them both from one battery, and there's perhaps some possibility for further sonic improvement?

- Kris

Hi Kris,

I see your point about the convenience of having the Clari-T + SB2 installed in one enclosure, but unfortunately, the SB2 enclosure is too small for this.  

Even if there was sufficient room inside the SB2, I believe that it is best to
run the SB2 and Clari-T from their own batteries, and to keep them in their own enclosures.  

I am currently using my modded SB2 with a Clari-T (no volume control on the Clari-T...using the SB2's digital volume control) and using a very short pair of interconnects, and this is one very impressive sounding system that takes up little space to boot!  8)

Thanks for posting,

maxwalrath

Clari-T within?
« Reply #2 on: 7 Sep 2005, 04:49 am »
it would be cool to make a much bigger enclosure to house both, using some quality internal wire to run between the two. It would be cost effective for the customer in the long run with so many less adapters and 1 less IC.

for about 2k really tricked out the thing would be nuts...  (plus then I could sell all the IC's and PC's I own)