Linear Tube Audio Introduction

LTAmark

• Industry Participant
    • Linear Tube Audio
Re: Linear Tube Audio Introduction
« Reply #60 on: 28 Mar 2019, 11:57 am »
Yes, we have the hi-output monitors in our listening room. The integrated pairs beautifully with them...although you could probably drive them pretty well directly from the microZOTL.  I wish we could have a bunch of amps that we could just send out for people to try....maybe someday...

jmolsberg

« Reply #61 on: 28 Mar 2019, 02:27 pm »
There has been some late night listening sessions with just the microZOTL and they are magnificent

LTAmark

• Industry Participant
    • Linear Tube Audio
« Reply #62 on: 8 Apr 2019, 01:17 am »
Linear Tube Audio will be at Axpona next week in Chicago.

We are showing in 3 rooms and have a variety of new products:

In the Daedalus Audio room, we will be showing dual mono-block Ultralinear Amplifiers and the new last year Preamplifier paired with Lou Hinckley's flagship speakers and Lampizator and Wywires.

In the Spatial Audio room we will be pairing a Preamplifier and a single Ultralinear with Spatial's new X series speakers with horn loaded AMT drivers.

In the Fern and Roby room, we will have the MZ3 operating as a preamp. along with their Maverick turntable, their new Raven speakers and a surprise amplifier, the ZOTL40 Power Amplifier.  Although, it has been in production for 3 years, David Berning revisted the design and dramatically improved it.  The ZOTL40 excelled with low efficiency electrostatic speakers, but not so much with high efficiency speakers. By changing the damping, high efficiency speakers have much more texture and timbre. It sounds the same with electrostatics, but it is like another amplifier with sensitive speakers.  Come by the Fern and Roby room and see for yourself.

Then, last but not lease, we will be in the Ear Gear room with our modest table. We are featuring the new MZ3 headphone/preamp/1 watt speaker amp in a headphone amp configuration.  We will also have a 2nd MZ3 with an A/B switch attached to a MZ2, so one can experience the difference by switching in the same song. 
We will also have our newest product, the LTA Electrostatic Headphone/Regular Headphones/12 watt speaker amplifier....the Z10e.... An integrated amp, a headphone amp and an amp for Mr Speakers Voce and the Stax headphones.

Our products are different than all other amplifiers. We operate the tubes at up to twice the voltage and half the current. At radio frequencies, and oh yeah, no output transformers. The magic of tubes with detail that rivals any solid state amp. And we finally understand its also about looks, so come see our new Fern and Roby casework.

Hope to see you at Axpona. 

jmolsberg

« Reply #63 on: 18 May 2019, 07:26 pm »
Very good review on the gon for the Z10 integrated. I want one so bad!

https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/review-linear-tube-audio-z10-integrated-amplifier

Norman Tracy

« Reply #64 on: 11 Jun 2019, 06:16 pm »
Congratulations Mark & LTA Team for winning one of David W. Robinson's Audio Oasis! Awards from AXPONA 2019

https://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/impressions-my-audio-oasis-awards-from-axpona-2019-part-the-fifth-final/

rollo

• Industry Participant
  • Rollo Audio Consulting -
« Reply #65 on: 11 Jun 2019, 06:26 pm »
   Good is as good does. Keep up the good work Mark.

cheers,
charles

KLH007

« Reply #66 on: 11 Jun 2019, 06:38 pm »
Congratulations Mark, David and LTA Team!

unitygain

« Reply #67 on: 20 Jun 2019, 06:21 pm »
Hi Mark, congratulations on all the incredible developments at LTA! I was wondering about the relative merits of adding an MZ2 or MZ3 to a ZOTL 10 mkII running direct with the stepped resistor option. My source is a Lampizator Atlantic TRP. Super curious about your thoughts on this matter. Any input truly appreciated! Also, I've heard the Ultralinear; it's a masterpiece – dynamic verve, no perceptible grain, no perceptible noise, beautiful soundstage. Wow.

LTAmark

• Industry Participant
    • Linear Tube Audio
« Reply #68 on: 3 Jul 2019, 02:48 pm »
unitygain

Thanks for your post and sorry for the late reply.
As long as your Z10 has the linear power supply (MarkII version with external transformer), the MZ2 as a preamp is about the exact same sonically, so adding a MZ2 doesnt bring any improvement.
Upgrading to the MZ3 or MZPreamplifier would provide an improvement, but the MZ2, not much.
We are adding the MZ3 power supply improvements back into the Z10 linear power supply, which does bring a very nice improvement. It does require replacing 2/3 of the power supply and we are working on a upgrade path (under $600) and will send out a notice to all of our Z10 customers in 3-4 weeks...
Thanks again for your question...

Mark

unitygain

« Reply #69 on: 24 Jul 2019, 06:14 pm »
Mark, I so appreciate your considered and candid reply. Your customers are lucky to have not only great sounding components but also ones that improve over time!

My personal wishlist item is an Ultralinear integrated, if one ever eventuates; have enjoyed every LTA product I’ve heard!

LTAmark

• Industry Participant
    • Linear Tube Audio

LTAmark

• Industry Participant
    • Linear Tube Audio
« Reply #71 on: 14 Oct 2019, 09:22 pm »
Hello... We have been sporadic in posting here, but we are committed to being more active in this community and thread. To that end, we will be posting soon about what we're bringing to Capital Audio Fest.

In the meantime, here's a recent in-depth review of the microZOTL Preamplifier and ZOTL40 Reference power amplifier in Positive Feedback: https://positive-feedback.com/reviews/hardware-reviews/linear-tube-audio-microzotl-preamplifier-zotl40-reference-amplifier/

Includes mention of our friends in real life and on AudioCircle, Daedalus. Enjoy...

LTAmark

• Industry Participant
    • Linear Tube Audio
« Reply #72 on: 18 Oct 2019, 02:37 pm »
LTA will be hard to miss at Capital Audio Fest. We're in four rooms and will also be running an "LTA Headphone Lounge" featuring our headphone amps and a curated selection of some of the best headphones on the planet.

It's a lot to keep track of, so here's a cheat sheet to what you'll find in each room. Hope to see you there!

Room 526
  • LTA Z10 Integrated Amplifier
  • Spatial Audio M3 Sapphire Loudspeakers (New!)
  • LampizatOr Amber 3 DAC (New!)
  • ANTICABLES Cables
  • Audience Power Conditioner

Room 323
  • LTA Z10e Integrated Amplifier
  • Fern & Roby Raven II Loudspeakers
  • Fern & Roby Montrose Turntable
  • Fern & Roby Maverick Phono Preamp (New!)
  • Setsuna by Black Cat Cables

Randolph
  • LTA microZOTL Preamplifier
  • LTA ZOTL Ultralinear Amplifiers (monoblock)
  • LTA ZOTL40 Reference Amplifiers (monoblock)
  • Daedalus Apollo11 Loudspeakers
  • Daedalus BOW Subwoofers
  • LampizatOr Vinyl Phono 1 (New!)
  • VPI Prime Signature Turntable
  • WyWires cables

Room 312
  • LTA microZOTL Preamplifier
  • LampizatOr KT150 Single Ended Amp (New!)
  • LampizatOr Pacific DAC SE
  • AudioNec Evo 2 AS Loudspeakers (New!)
  • Final Touch Audio Cables

LTA Headphone Lounge

Amps & Sources
  • LTA MZ2
  • LTA MZ3
  • LTA Z10e Electrostatic Headphone Amp
  • LTA Z10 Integrated Amp
  • iBasso DX220 DAP
  • iBasso DX160 DAP
  • iBasso DC02 USB DAC / Headphone Amp

Headphones
  • MrSpeakers VOCE, Ether2, & Aeon2 (New!)
  • STAX SR-009S & SR-L700 MKll (New!)
  • ZMF Vérité Closed (New!), Auteur, & Atticus
  • Meze Audio Empyrean (New!)
  • Klipsch HP-3 (New!)
  • Focal Stellia (New!)
  • More to come...

DACs
  • Border Patrol SEi
  • Denafrips Ares II
  • Kitsune Holo Audio Spring 2
  • MDHT Lab Istanbul

And here's a pretty image for some eye candy...

« Last Edit: 25 Oct 2019, 04:56 pm by LTAmark »

Scottdazzle

« Reply #73 on: 18 Oct 2019, 02:53 pm »
Mark, will you also be using the MicroZOTL preamp in the Randolph Room? Scott D.

LTAmark

• Industry Participant
    • Linear Tube Audio
« Reply #74 on: 18 Oct 2019, 03:08 pm »
Mark, will you also be using the MicroZOTL preamp in the Randolph Room? Scott D.

Yes! Thanks for the heads up that we left that out. Post modified...

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #75 on: 18 Oct 2019, 03:29 pm »
Good to know that you and Clayton are confident that the Z10 can handle the 4ohm load of the Spatial M3 Sapphires.  I have a pair of M3 Sapphires on order and LTA is on my shortlist for future amp upgrade.

LTAmark

• Industry Participant
    • Linear Tube Audio
« Reply #76 on: 18 Oct 2019, 03:43 pm »
Good to know that you and Clayton are confident that the Z10 can handle the 4ohm load of the Spatial M3 Sapphires.  I have a pair of M3 Sapphires on order and LTA is on my shortlist for future amp upgrade.

Clayton's recommends 8W or above, and we recommend 90db or above for critical listening, so 4ohm 92db sensitivity with 12w is a great match.

We have been listening to the M3 Sapphires with the Z10 Integrated all week at the shop, and it sounds incredible. Volume for critical listening is in the 30-40 range (out of 99) and the bass... thunderous is the word. It brought our technicians out from the back saying, "we could feel it back there."

SnowPuppy77

« Reply #77 on: 18 Oct 2019, 03:54 pm »
Wow!  I can't wait to get my M3 Sapphires.  And to know your beautiful integrated drives them like that will put the LTA integrated on my short list.

Actually upgrading from the M3 Triode Masters which I know you are familiar with.

LTAmark

• Industry Participant
    • Linear Tube Audio
« Reply #78 on: 18 Oct 2019, 04:03 pm »
Wow!  I can't wait to get my M3 Sapphires.  And to know your beautiful integrated drives them like that will put the LTA integrated on my short list.

Actually upgrading from the M3 Triode Masters which I know you are familiar with.

Excellent. We appreciate that very much. Hope you can come to CAF to hear the combo for yourself.

Yes, we had the M3 TM's for the last year+ before getting the new M3 Sapphires. You'll be very pleased with the upgrade.

Tomy2Tone

« Reply #79 on: 18 Oct 2019, 04:13 pm »
Alright! Looking forward to hearing feedback on all these rooms, especially with the Sapphire’s