I am getting a lot of calls about these LS-6 cabinets

Danny Richie

They are being auctioned off today:

https://www.proxibid.com/asp/Catalog.asp?aid=31403&p=7&srch=search%20catalog&sort=0#Top

Bidding on them is next to nothing. Put a reasonable bid in on them and you'll likely get them.

I just called them about shipping and they can ship this stuff to you.

I just ordered another 500 woofers and plan to have kits available for awhile. That should answer everyone's questions.

So jump all over these TODAY!

ebag4

Re: I am getting a lot of calls about these LS-6 cabinets
« Reply #1 on: 30 Aug 2010, 06:17 pm »
Danny,
Have you posted the cost of your LS6 kits?  Also, how many sheets of No-Rez will a LS6 require?

Thanks,
Ed

Danny Richie

« Reply #2 on: 30 Aug 2010, 07:07 pm »
The kit is $1,995.

I am pretty sure it takes 8 sheets of No Rez.

These cabinets are nice! I was just talking to a young lady there on site and she was really digging the look of the MoHo LS-6 cabinets.

These cabinets might can be picked up for a hundred dollars a pair or something really ridiculous.

If you ever wanted a pair then now is the time.

mms3

« Reply #3 on: 30 Aug 2010, 07:17 pm »
Yeah, I imagine shipping will be the bulk of the cost.  Pretty sweet deal.  I bought a pair just before AV123 went under, and it was about $200 to the local YRC terminal (I live in SC).  So that gives you an idea of what you could get these for.

Bizarroterl

« Reply #4 on: 30 Aug 2010, 07:31 pm »
The bids are $5 to $5.50! 

Even if the veneer was bad it's cheaper than buying the MDF to build them.     :bounce:

freerider

« Reply #5 on: 30 Aug 2010, 07:34 pm »
I was trying to bid on the crossover for these, when I realized there were 80! in the lot.  80 crossovers!! 

I expect to see someone selling off crossovers in a week or two.  I only need two.

Sure wish I would have waited to buy my cabinets. :duh:  O-well.  They were still a good deal.

mms3

« Reply #6 on: 30 Aug 2010, 07:38 pm »
Sure wish I would have waited to buy my cabinets. :duh:  O-well.  They were still a good deal.

That's what I keep telling myself...."I still got a good deal".  There was no way to know...

Will2

« Reply #7 on: 30 Aug 2010, 07:47 pm »
Too bad ..... I'm going to be on a plane ..... and Mark still owes me b-stock LS-6's, an x-voce and 2 MFW-15's from 2 years ago ...... all out of luck.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #8 on: 30 Aug 2010, 08:19 pm »
Notice that many of the cabinets have 12 openings for ports.  These look like LS9 cabinets mislabeled as LS6 cabinets- and even better deal!  I just bought a close out LS9 cabinet for $@*^& and still happy with the deal, but I sure could have save a nice chunk of change getting one of these instead!

mms3

« Reply #9 on: 30 Aug 2010, 08:31 pm »
Looks they took one picture for each color, and used it over and over again.

Danny Richie

« Reply #10 on: 30 Aug 2010, 08:40 pm »
I just called about those. They are all LS-6 cabinets. They must have used a picture of an LS-9 to show the finish or color.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
« Reply #11 on: 30 Aug 2010, 08:42 pm »
Thanks for the clarification, Danny- and I might add that you probably saved my life.  The wife would have killed me if I had another pair of LS9 cabinets in the den! :guns:

tortoiseman2542

« Reply #12 on: 30 Aug 2010, 09:07 pm »
Ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!  Quit advertising...    I'm trying to pick up a set of the Moho's.....  ;) 

Robert

p.s.  I'm referring to the cabinets not Danny's XO's...

roymail

• Roy in TX
« Reply #13 on: 30 Aug 2010, 09:07 pm »
Proxibid.com seems to have a questionable reputation, google proxibid.  However, from what I've read, the problem seems related more to the seller rather than Proxibid.  I'm really not familiar with this site, but I'd be hesitant to bid.  You might want to check it out.

But, since Danny is vouching for this particular auction for LS6's, this one should go OK.

gprro

« Reply #14 on: 30 Aug 2010, 09:15 pm »
The shipping company they gave a number for is estimating $430 to ship a pair of ls6 cabs to NC. A little expensive...Everything has to be picked up by tomorrow night also. Maybe ill check with fed ex.

Danny Richie

« Reply #15 on: 30 Aug 2010, 09:15 pm »
I have been on the phone with them and they seem to be a fairly good company to deal with. They have been vary cooperative so far.

gprro

« Reply #16 on: 30 Aug 2010, 09:19 pm »
Yeah, talked on the phone with a couple people too. They seemed pretty on point. If I was in Co. I'd pick everything thing up and go into temporary business...I need a job now too, my job that I was supposed to return to this week at Duke vaporized, probably shouldn't be buying anything right now :duh:...

freerider

« Reply #17 on: 30 Aug 2010, 09:28 pm »
Any idea what those crossovers are worth?   They just jumped out of my price range...

mhawic

« Reply #18 on: 30 Aug 2010, 09:45 pm »
On lot 47 speaker grilles, the girl I talked to said there was about a half dozen boxes.  Do any of these grilles fit the kits being sold from Columbia?

mms3

« Reply #19 on: 30 Aug 2010, 09:49 pm »
On lot 47 speaker grilles, the girl I talked to said there was about a half dozen boxes.  Do any of these grilles fit the kits being sold from Columbia?

Not sure about that, but the "cabinets" I got included grills in the same box.