Got the ART DIO

BobM

Re: Got the ART DIO
« Reply #20 on: 22 Mar 2010, 05:51 pm »
Charles - that thread was from 2003. Not sure Wayne is doing anything anymore with these units (although I agree they still sound damn fine, especially for the cost).

Wayne1

« Reply #21 on: 22 Mar 2010, 06:00 pm »
Thanks for the comments, Charles.

The ART DI/O has been discontinued for some time. Quite a few of the parts I used in the mods are also no longer being made.

I phased out the mods to the ART DI/O when I first listened to an early, analog modded SqueezBox 2. To my ears, the modded SqueezeBox sounded far better than my full on Mensa level DI/O.

Whether this comparison travels through to the Oppo is for someone else to decide.

doug s.

• makin' music
« Reply #22 on: 22 Mar 2010, 07:31 pm »
most here who know me know i am an unapologetic modded di/o fan.  (tho i have never tried one of wayne's creations.)  i have had the opportunity to compare a home-brew modded di/o to the likes of electrocompaniet, resolution audio, ar cdp's; as well as ea modded northstar 192 dac, ea pace car, bolder modified sb2, northstar transport fitted with pace-car, slim devices transporter.  di/o easily held its own; one person in fact liked it better, when comparing all the separates.  (i thought they were all on the same level; all smoked by the winyl that was also offered up.   :lol: )

ymmv,

doug s.