New top for Super V's /NX-Studio hybrid?

2oldcranks

New top for Super V's /NX-Studio hybrid?
« on: 24 Jan 2024, 09:19 pm »
Hello All
I have a pair of Super V's and want to know if a custom build NX studio to fit top mounting plate of the big COAX driver is do-able?
Have had a couple ribbon, foil tweets and would love the resolve -detail of this combo
a "moon faced" NX-studio ?
Would the round front face/surface area of this mess with the sound quality?
Real interested in if this can be done as pure circumstance brought these (Vs)to me (seller 15 miles from me) :duh:

The Cabinetry, Finish is too nice to chop up ,hence making NX-Studio fit existing build

Any Feedback is most appreciated :)

Danny Richie

Re: New top for Super V's /NX-Studio hybrid?
« Reply #1 on: 25 Jan 2024, 04:25 pm »
No, keep the Super V as is and enjoy.

If you want the sound of the NX-Studio then start over with a pair of NX-Studio's and then add the dual servo subs.

hanguy

« Reply #2 on: 26 Jan 2024, 05:47 am »

The Cabinetry, Finish is too nice to chop up ,hence making NX-Studio fit existing build

You can always leave the Super-V alone and just use the woofer portion as OB sub. Put the NX-Studio on stand next to the Super V. You then have the option to switch forth and back, have the best of both world.

Danny Richie

« Reply #3 on: 27 Jan 2024, 03:49 pm »
You can always leave the Super-V alone and just use the woofer portion as OB sub. Put the NX-Studio on stand next to the Super V. You then have the option to switch forth and back, have the best of both world.

I like the way he thinks.

2oldcranks

« Reply #4 on: 27 Jan 2024, 07:06 pm »
Yea I dont think another pair of speakers on stands is gonna do it, was 50% sure this was too obvious to be Viable, still a guy can dream :thumb:

Now to imaging a custom cabinet for a NX series top with the Dual Barkers down low 8)

Guess Ill see what the Lio brings to the Vs , might get the "taste " of the Song 3's outta my ear-holes. The smooth resolve was addictive 

Thanks for input :thumb:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #5 on: 27 Jan 2024, 07:49 pm »
Yea I dont think another pair of speakers on stands is gonna do it, was 50% sure this was too obvious to be Viable, still a guy can dream :thumb:

Now to imaging a custom cabinet for a NX series top with the Dual Barkers down low 8)

Guess Ill see what the Lio brings to the Vs , might get the "taste " of the Song 3's outta my ear-holes. The smooth resolve was addictive 

I've heard the Super V's, the Song 3's and the NX-Studio's.  The tweeter on the Studio's has the best highs of the 3, by a lot.

2oldcranks

« Reply #6 on: 27 Jan 2024, 08:30 pm »
Right ?
Tyson you know exactly the speaker thats in my head! the best of the V and NX together in one chassis
Not feasible for mass production but is it really that far fetched?
I mean if im dreaming maybe dual mids psr cab with the Neo and subs?

Thanks for indulging me :icon_twisted:

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #7 on: 27 Jan 2024, 08:38 pm »
You could do a double trouble and NX-studio combo like KTS did:

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=185603.0

mlundy57

• Industry Participant
« Reply #8 on: 27 Jan 2024, 10:25 pm »
Another option to building a single cabinet for the subs and Studio Monitors is to do what Ed did with his NX-Otica/Dual sub build. The speakers are in two sections with a transition piece between the two to make it look like a single speaker. Scroll down to reply #22 where the first pictures begin.

https://www.audiocircle.com/index.php?topic=146187.20

KTS

« Reply #9 on: 28 Jan 2024, 03:55 am »

You can customize if you like but this setup is outstanding!