Bryston SP4

PascalP

• Bryston SP4
Re: Bryston SP4
« Reply #520 on: 17 Feb 2022, 08:04 am »
Oh wow! Not that is a massive stack!!  :green:

btw the email to Adam worked out great and we got in touch with the right people at Storm to deal with it, thanks!

Alphonse

« Reply #521 on: 21 Mar 2022, 04:10 pm »
Hi PascalP. Just following up. Were your SP4 questions and issues fully resolved by Storm and Bryston?

PascalP

• Bryston SP4
« Reply #522 on: 5 Apr 2022, 08:03 am »
Hi PascalP. Just following up. Were your SP4 questions and issues fully resolved by Storm and Bryston?

Hi!
Yes Bryston forwared me to the right people from Storm in France and I now have a working monitoring license in the WebUI on my SP4 as well as a working IR remote :)

Pictures are not my own but from Google/Audioholics, but it works great, obviously no OSD as I don't have the newer HDMI board (yet) and the only thing that doesn't work currently are the mute button and input selection buttons but not really a big deal for me.

Alphonse

« Reply #523 on: 6 Apr 2022, 03:48 pm »
Good news. Thanks for the update. Please let us know if/when you upgrade the HDMI board and how that works out. I have been watching the used market on SP4s.

PascalP

• Bryston SP4
« Reply #524 on: 7 Apr 2022, 08:35 am »
Good news. Thanks for the update. Please let us know if/when you upgrade the HDMI board and how that works out. I have been watching the used market on SP4s.

Ok, managed to get the non-working buttons on the remote working, somehow I think the configuration was not saved properly so reassinging the input sources in the WebUI and the buttons are all working now besided of course the info/OSD stuff as only the StormAudio's with the latest HDMI boards support that.

As for the HDMI board upgrade, it was about €1250 and I needed to ship my unit back and forth to France to Storm but I decided not to do it as it would not bring me much in my particular case.
What it would add it eARC, which I don't use, and also it would give me dual HDMI 2.0 outputs instead of 1x 1.4 and 1x 2.0 which also doesn't add anything for my as I only have 1 display connected to it.
Only thing that I might benefit from would be somewhat faster switching/locking speed between inputs but just that wouldn't be worth the cash for me so I decided to stick with the old HDMI board which is rock solid ;)

PascalP

• Bryston SP4
« Reply #525 on: 14 Oct 2022, 07:43 am »
Are there any plans for updating the FW on the SP4 beyond 4.1r1?

Looks like Storm is getting some nice features and also Dirac will have some updates called Dirac’s New Spatial Room Correction Technology.

Still love my unit and it performs rock-solid and still toying in my head to update the HDMI someday to have quicker switching and locking on audio signals (hopefully?)

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #526 on: 14 Oct 2022, 09:20 am »
HI Pascal - no I am sorry we no longer have a relationship with Storm. 

james

PascalP

• Bryston SP4
« Reply #527 on: 14 Oct 2022, 09:29 am »
HI Pascal - no I am sorry we no longer have a relationship with Storm. 

james

Thanks for the reply James!

I'll stick with 4.1r1 then ;)

Alphonse

« Reply #528 on: 21 Oct 2022, 09:33 pm »
Will Storm Audio be supporting the SP4 with ongoing firmware updates?

Metal Forever

« Reply #529 on: 2 Nov 2022, 12:59 am »
Are there any plans for a SP5? Now that Bryston no longer has a relationship with Storm.

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #530 on: 2 Nov 2022, 11:54 am »
Are there any plans for a SP5? Now that Bryston no longer has a relationship with Storm.

Yes something we are considering.
We have learned during covid and some of our past relationships that being as self- sufficient as possible is the direction we are taking in the future.

james

gbaby

« Reply #531 on: 7 Nov 2022, 04:45 pm »
We have learned during covid and some of our past relationships that being as self- sufficient as possible is the direction we are taking in the future.

james

I would not do it. I can see Bryston spending a couple of million building an SP5, and subsequently, a new codec appears. I would continue to market the SP3 as a state of the art Home Theater/Analog processor which one can build a high end system upon. This is what I did by starting with the SP3, then adding the BDP and BDA 3, as well as BP 20mm/mc with PS3 power supply. I am now complete with the only problem being the SP3 being able to handle eARC. This is what I would concentrate on if I were Bryston.

Titanium

« Reply #532 on: 7 Nov 2022, 11:18 pm »
Was the 620b3 amplifier also discontinued when the partnership with StormAudio was not renewed?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #533 on: 7 Nov 2022, 11:42 pm »
No that is something we will probably look at in the future.

james

Ritchief

« Reply #534 on: 29 Dec 2022, 09:54 am »

james

Hi James,

I for one would be extremely interested in this. Are you able to provide appx timescales ?

Tks,

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #535 on: 29 Dec 2022, 12:30 pm »
Hi - Yes over the last year we have invested in machinery that will allow us to do our own metal work now, our own faceplates our own packaging and soon our own circuit boards.  We already manufacture all our own drivers and speaker products as well.

best
james

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #536 on: 29 Dec 2022, 12:33 pm »
This is the new Elite version but we may change that going forward now that we manufacture our own faceplates.
best
james

New Lit

Ritchief

« Reply #537 on: 29 Dec 2022, 01:09 pm »
This is the new Elite version but we may change that going forward now that we manufacture our own faceplates.
best
james

New Lit

So are we to assume a new SP3.5 or SP5 some time in 2023 ?

James Tanner

• Facilitator
« Reply #538 on: 29 Dec 2022, 01:27 pm »
Hi

That would be a long way off - too many changes too often currently.

james

Rod_S

« Reply #539 on: 31 Dec 2022, 03:40 am »
deleted