B-Stock speakers

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
    • http://www.selahaudio.com
B-Stock speakers
« on: 17 May 2019, 12:06 pm »
I have a pair of the Filarmonicas for $875 shipped to the mainland USA. These were voiced for a hard surfaces / reflective room and have a euphonic tilted down balance. Please PM/email/call if interested. No extra charge for PayPal.   ***SOLD***

restrav

Re: B-Stock speakers
« Reply #1 on: 17 May 2019, 12:39 pm »
I'll buy it.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #2 on: 17 May 2019, 12:50 pm »
I'll buy it.

PayPal invoice on the way - thanks!

Cacophonix

« Reply #3 on: 17 May 2019, 02:47 pm »
Wow! That is a killer deal!!

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #4 on: 17 May 2019, 03:08 pm »
Wow! That is a killer deal!!

I have read that due to the name and format of the design that maybe this was my attempt to copy the Philharmonic BMR. Actually I did this one pictured below 16 years ago - maybe it's the other way around? I stole the idea from late 70's Infinity speakers...  :lol:

Sibelius 7

« Reply #5 on: 17 May 2019, 11:14 pm »
I am considering a stand-mount three way and I am curious what you think about the Morel dome-mid? How much performance of the Accuton mid does it give for the money?  Thanks.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #6 on: 18 May 2019, 02:04 am »
I am considering a stand-mount three way and I am curious what you think about the Morel dome-mid? How much performance of the Accuton mid does it give for the money?  Thanks.

The Morel is very nice and a tad more forgiving than the Accuton.  It also depends on which drivers you plan to use with it.

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #7 on: 18 May 2019, 11:53 am »
Whoa, that was a sweet deal! You’re going to love those restrav. Congratulations!

Kishore

« Reply #8 on: 26 Jun 2019, 04:30 am »

The same b-stock speaker is available for $980 shipped now  :o here

Early B.

« Reply #9 on: 26 Jun 2019, 04:19 pm »
The same b-stock speaker is available for $980 shipped now  :o here

Nothing wrong with flipping a recent purchase, but it's a turn-off when the seller overcharges for shipping.

AvFan

« Reply #10 on: 26 Jun 2019, 06:04 pm »
Nothing wrong with flipping a recent purchase, but it's a turn-off when the seller overcharges for shipping.

Price is now $850 for those interested and available on multiple sites.  These speakers weigh 35 pounds each and I don't think 20 pounds of packing material is out of line to protect them and is consistent with the bomb-proof packing Rick provides.  And the ad says (edited today) buyer to pay actual shipping costs so maybe your comment helped. 

Kalali

« Reply #11 on: 3 Jul 2019, 11:42 am »
I'm actually considering buying these speakers given it's a little over an hour away from me. The only hesitation I have is my room is not reflective and is well treated. I'm afraid it might sound too laid back for my taste/electronics/room.

Rick Craig

• Industry Participant
  • Selah Audio
« Reply #12 on: 3 Jul 2019, 08:19 pm »
I'm actually considering buying these speakers given it's a little over an hour away from me. The only hesitation I have is my room is not reflective and is well treated. I'm afraid it might sound too laid back for my taste/electronics/room.

What speakers are you using now? I may be able to advise.

Early B.

« Reply #13 on: 3 Jul 2019, 09:53 pm »

Dude, buy those speakers. There's a million ways to tweak your system if it's too laid back. The speakers won't be the problem.

Kalali

« Reply #14 on: 4 Jul 2019, 03:16 pm »
What speakers are you using now? I may be able to advise.

I'm using Vandersteen 2Ci in that room and they sound good but a bit on the warm side. Not looking for a hyper detail sound but something with a bit more sparkle on top and more controlled mid-bass, and smaller footprint.

charmerci

« Reply #15 on: 4 Jul 2019, 04:39 pm »
Just go and listen to them! No one's going to force you to buy them there. Plus, you'll have some knowledge about how RAAL's a planar tweeter sounds.  (Ooops, edit, thanks srb. )
« Last Edit: 4 Jul 2019, 08:19 pm by charmerci »

srb

« Reply #16 on: 4 Jul 2019, 07:28 pm »
Plus, you'll have some knowledge about how RAAL's sound.
I don't think he will, as I believe the tweeter is a BZ Labs CQ66 planar tweeter.