Enclosure for Lii F6-S

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
Re: Enclosure for Lii F6-S
« Reply #20 on: 10 Oct 2023, 02:41 pm »
Keep posting build pics. You're inspiring me to get off my butt in order to build a pair of CSS 2TD-X 2.5-way speakers that are sitting in my garage glaring at me every time I pass by them. With luck, I may actually begin gluing them before the end of this month.   :duh:

JCarney

« Reply #21 on: 10 Oct 2023, 03:28 pm »
Keep posting build pics. You're inspiring me to get off my butt in order to build a pair of CSS 2TD-X 2.5-way speakers that are sitting in my garage glaring at me every time I pass by them. With luck, I may actually begin gluing them before the end of this month.   :duh:

Thank You as well mresseguie, I'm happy you are finding motivation in my build. I look forward to keeping an eye on yours. I'm glad my mouth was empty when I read the kit was glaring at you because I cracked the hell up. Very funny.

JCarney

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #22 on: 10 Oct 2023, 03:55 pm »
Thankyou JC for your effort, we need more member like you  :thumb:

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #23 on: 10 Oct 2023, 05:39 pm »
You have tô painting the inside with some colour,  MDF are carcinogenic for 5 years.

FRM, I really wish you'd stop with your baseless assertions. What is it that would change if one were to coat interior with paint? Almost all paint is vapor permeable so that can't be it. Where on earth does the notion that MDF somehow morphs over five years come from? Are you referring to off gassing? At best the information you're providing is misleading.

JCarney, please continue with your posts. I enjoy build threads of all ilks.

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #24 on: 10 Oct 2023, 06:36 pm »
FRM, I really wish you'd stop with your baseless assertions. What is it that would change if one were to coat interior with paint? Almost all paint is vapor permeable so that can't be it. Where on earth does the notion that MDF somehow morphs over five years come from? Are you referring to off gassing? At best the information you're providing is misleading.

JCarney, please continue with your posts. I enjoy build threads of all ilks.
You have to search Google. You seem to live in the Netflix fantasy world, you dont know the basic woodworking safe rules.

MDF exhales formaldehyde vapors for 5 years or more, which is why MDF is guaranteed not to get termites for 5 years. This subject of MDF has already been explained several times by other AC members that work with wood.
On Painting black dont believe me, believe in B&W speakers, which is years ahead of any US manufacturer.

JCarney

« Reply #25 on: 10 Oct 2023, 07:47 pm »
I value both of your opinions, but please do not continue with this discussion and disrupt my build thread.

Thank You,
JCarney

Alain Arseneault

• Double A
« Reply #26 on: 11 Oct 2023, 11:13 am »
I value both of your opinions, but please do not continue with this discussion and disrupt my build thread.

Thank You,
JCarney

Hi JCarney,
even if I am not in the building of speaker enclosure,
I do enjoy your posts.
I like anything about building something yourself for your enjoyment.
Before retiring my job was building electrical control panels for the industires.
From design from a white sheet of paper to complete working control panel.
Please keep up the good work, like they say.
Thanks.

Double A

JCarney

« Reply #27 on: 11 Oct 2023, 01:51 pm »
"Hi JCarney,
even if I am not in the building of speaker enclosure,
I do enjoy your posts.
I like anything about building something yourself for your enjoyment.
Before retiring my job was building electrical control panels for the industires.
From design from a white sheet of paper to complete working control panel.
Please keep up the good work, like they say.
Thanks.

Double A"

Thanks Double A, I truly appreciate that. I'm also impressed with designing and building electrical panels from scratch. Well done.

JCarney

JCarney

« Reply #28 on: 11 Oct 2023, 04:29 pm »
More progress today, yay.

JCarney

seikosha

« Reply #29 on: 11 Oct 2023, 05:02 pm »
You can never have too many clamps!

JCarney

« Reply #30 on: 11 Oct 2023, 05:22 pm »
Never!  :lol:

JCarney

JCarney

« Reply #31 on: 12 Oct 2023, 04:28 pm »
More progress! The front baffle is clamped and drying. WooHoo! Now I can put the the top three pieces in place after about 10 hours of dry time. Not pictured is the speaker cable hole I drilled out in the back top of the cab so I could have a short run over the interior baffle to the driver instead of the at the bottom.

JCarney

JCarney

« Reply #32 on: 13 Oct 2023, 03:58 pm »
More progress today. Two of the three top pieces are in place and drying.

JCarney

JCarney

« Reply #33 on: 14 Oct 2023, 12:55 pm »
The top is on. I had to mod it a little, and I think I took a little too much. I can fix it.

JCarney

JCarney

« Reply #34 on: 14 Oct 2023, 01:29 pm »
Starting the second box.

JCarney

JCarney

« Reply #35 on: 17 Oct 2023, 08:07 pm »
Two days without progress, but that ended today. The other box is still being assembled so I sanded the assembled box getting it ready for whatever my wife decides. I asked her to contribute to the finish and she agreed.

JCarney

JCarney

« Reply #36 on: 18 Oct 2023, 11:36 pm »
My wife let me know she wanted something fun for the finish, maybe with sparkles in it. :roll: So I did a quick look and found some latex sparkle paint additive and she has decided on a sun yellow for the base color for the additive. So I have that to look forward to.

The additive:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071D92S9H/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

JCarney

Peter J

• Hmmmm
« Reply #37 on: 19 Oct 2023, 01:13 am »
 I'll be interested to see result. Years ago I used some acrylic kinda glittery or maybe pearly paint on some room lens clones.

JCarney

« Reply #38 on: 20 Oct 2023, 12:20 am »
Hi Peter. Here is the base coat color. I may need sunglasses in the room when they are done.

JCarney

JCarney

« Reply #39 on: 23 Oct 2023, 02:39 pm »
Second box under way, and the bottom of the first box is painted black and I put the feet on it as well. When I finish the second box I'll do the same to it before painting them both with the sparkle paint. Oh joy. Two separate gluing sessions pictured.

JCarney