GONE: Good Vibe Karma Isolation Pads

dolsey01

GONE: Good Vibe Karma Isolation Pads
« on: 11 Nov 2016, 04:51 pm »
Cork and Rubber isolation pads, like ISOL-PAD 16 available

Just pay shipping.  4-8 will ship first class, more than that will ship Priority Mail.

dolsey01

Re: GONE: Good Vibe Karma Isolation Pads
« Reply #1 on: 11 Nov 2016, 05:39 pm »
Off to a new home.

LesterSleepsIn

• Occasionally consternated
« Reply #2 on: 11 Nov 2016, 07:52 pm »
Dolsey,
Good karma to you. What did you think of them as isolation pads? If memory serves they're meant to be used by plumbers and are very cheap to buy. Any thoughts as to their effectiveness with audio equipment? Did they do the job?
Cheers,
Lester

dolsey01

« Reply #3 on: 11 Nov 2016, 08:01 pm »
Dolsey,
Good karma to you. What did you think of them as isolation pads? If memory serves they're meant to be used by plumbers and are very cheap to buy. Any thoughts as to their effectiveness with audio equipment? Did they do the job?
Cheers,
Lester
I can't say I noticed any big changes but that could be system dependent.  My honest answer would be they do no harm. Great under a maple butcher block for a turntable, keeps it from sliding around.

SteveFord

• Facilitator
  • The poodle bites, the poodle chews it.
« Reply #4 on: 12 Nov 2016, 11:20 am »
That was quick and thank you for doing this.

JLM

• The elephant normally IS the room
« Reply #5 on: 12 Nov 2016, 12:19 pm »
I gave all of mine away too.  Didn't notice any sonic differences and seemed way too stiff to offer isolation for anything under say 50 - 100 kg each.  In my estimation just another case where audiophiles can be made to "see" the emperor's new clothes.

LesterSleepsIn

« Reply #6 on: 12 Nov 2016, 06:06 pm »
However, I do have 6 under my outside air conditioner and they did reduce the noise level.

OzarkTom

« Reply #7 on: 12 Nov 2016, 06:24 pm »
I tried those, but the moon gel pads was much better.

JLM

« Reply #8 on: 12 Nov 2016, 08:08 pm »
I tried those, but the moon gel pads was much better.

Those (or Green Gizmo Goo - love the name, check Amazon) look much more promising.

LesterSleepsIn

« Reply #9 on: 12 Nov 2016, 11:06 pm »
I was reading several of the Amazon user reviews for the Sorbothane hemispheres and one user stated that the hemispheres eliminated 98% of the vibrations under his turntable. How does he know that, i.e., how do audiophiles objectively measure levels of vibrations?

JLM

« Reply #10 on: 13 Nov 2016, 12:18 am »
I was reading several of the Amazon user reviews for the Sorbothane hemispheres and one user stated that the hemispheres eliminated 98% of the vibrations under his turntable. How does he know that, i.e., how do audiophiles objectively measure levels of vibrations?

Good question, how does he know that?   :thumb:

And why measure "under the turntable"?  What does that even mean?  And under what conditions (while walking across the room, while playing a particular piece of music or test tones at a given sound pressure level)?  I suppose you'd try to compare with and without isolation footers, but how do you know what vibrations are based on the supports, or air borne, or simply part of the music (sound = vibration)?