PS Audio Humbuster III

Rocket

PS Audio Humbuster III
« on: 3 Sep 2023, 04:38 am »
Hi Guys,

I've been living with loud transformer hum for many years whilst using my Spread Spectrum Technologies Ampzilla 2000 mono blocks. The transformers are huge in these amps but on many occasions I could easily hear the transformer merely humming along during my listening sessions. I couldn't hear it when music was playing but it was annoying enough.

Quite a few years ago I bought a PS Audio Humbuster III and used it for a while. Its been that long since I used it I couldn't remember whether it worked or not.  After my divorce and a new house I have my audio system all nicely setup again. This particular unit uses USA plugs and I had to order AU to USA plug adapters to get them to work properly.  Anyway, I've been using the hum buster III now for 2 days and there is an improvement of about 90% and the hum is now almost entirely eliminated.

I note that PS Audio doesn't sells these units anymore but I see that AVA Hifi does.  Has anyone used the AVA Humginger DC in their system as I might buy one to try out?

Cheers Rod

jjss49

Re: PS Audio Humbuster III
« Reply #1 on: 4 Sep 2023, 11:14 pm »
yes these work well for dc on the powerline

several companies make them, including ava...  audiolab, ifi, and so on... i always keep them around, some gear are simply more sensitive than others

JackD

Re: PS Audio Humbuster III
« Reply #2 on: 5 Sep 2023, 01:16 am »
Have you thought about reaching out to EJ at Wyred 4 Sound who actually built the amps and see what he suggests for your situation especially if those amps were originally built for US current and not AU.