Enclosure for Lii F6-S

JCarney

Enclosure for Lii F6-S
« on: 27 Sep 2023, 10:07 pm »
I'm having a flat pack made for the Lii F6-S and received some update pics this afternoon.

JCarney

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
  • To whom more was given more will be required.
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
Re: Enclosure for Lii F6-S
« Reply #1 on: 27 Sep 2023, 11:02 pm »
How much is the litrage?

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #2 on: 27 Sep 2023, 11:46 pm »
Nice.  What's the loading in the box? 

JCarney

« Reply #3 on: 28 Sep 2023, 12:26 am »
FullRangeMan: I do not know what the interior volume is, but here are the plans he provided. The plans are also on the website. He sells a finished version with the F-6 for $599 called the Emmo F6. All measurements are in cm. The guy I took it to did not notice that the measurements were metric. I had to tell him to look at the legend after he told me it was going to be 5 sheets of mdf.  :lol:

Letitroll: I do not know that either. 0 for two so far.

JCarney

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
    • Never go to a psychiatrist, adopt a straycat or dog. On the street they live only two years average.
« Reply #4 on: 28 Sep 2023, 01:39 am »
Nice, thanks  :thumb:

kd4ylq

• Esse Quam Videri
« Reply #5 on: 28 Sep 2023, 05:08 pm »
When you say you are having flatpacks made, do you mean to sell to others?

JCarney

« Reply #6 on: 29 Sep 2023, 12:11 am »
kd4ylq: No, I asked Weiyu before I ordered the drivers if there were a set of plans for a small enclosure for them and he sent me what I posted. This is just for myself, to play around with a full range driver for the first time. Late to the FR party I guess. :D

JCarney

JCarney

« Reply #7 on: 29 Sep 2023, 03:53 pm »

I picked up the flat pack for the pair of enclosures for my Lii F6-S drivers. The black material is felt to apply to the inner walls to help reduce the interior reflections inside the box.

JCarney

JCarney

« Reply #8 on: 29 Sep 2023, 11:15 pm »
I thought this worthy of sharing: The guy I used to make the flat packs for the pair of Lii drivers I have has done speaker enclosures before. He mentioned a number of years ago he did the cnc work for a very large speaker, a line array I was able to determine. Then he he told me its model number, LS9. I told him about Danny and GR and told him he did the work for a line array type speaker with a lot of mid woofers and tweeters and it was close to 8' tall. Yep, that is what he did the work for, a pair of LS-9's. He unfortunately did not have any photos. It really is a small bloody world, isn't it?

JCarney

JCarney

« Reply #9 on: 29 Sep 2023, 11:26 pm »
I glued up one of the interior braces, ensuring that it would go into both sides of the enclosure without a fight.

JCarney

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #10 on: 29 Sep 2023, 11:34 pm »
Do you will paint black inside?

JCarney

« Reply #11 on: 29 Sep 2023, 11:58 pm »
FullRnageMan: No, that is the felt pictured with the flat pack pic for making the interior of the boxes less reflective. I usually put stuff like that on before glue up. The side panels are just free floating in the pic, no glue or clamping yet on the sides. Just that one interior brace/bass baffle(?).

JCarney

FullRangeMan

• Volunteer
« Reply #12 on: 30 Sep 2023, 04:12 am »
You have tô painting the inside with some colour,  MDF are carcinogenic for 5 years.

JCarney

« Reply #13 on: 30 Sep 2023, 03:49 pm »
Priming the inside is not at all necessary. The adhesive and felt will act as a sealer and get the job done.

JCarney

JCarney

« Reply #14 on: 3 Oct 2023, 10:14 pm »
I finished lining the inside of the boxes and it took me awhile to figure out how to glue it up. I started with the interior brace/baffle gluing it in place on one side, making sure I had 90 degrees on both sides of the brace while clamping and after. I guess we'll see if it worked or not.

JCarney

JCarney

« Reply #15 on: 7 Oct 2023, 06:26 pm »
More unwanted updates on me project. First box assembly is progressing slower then I want, but there is progress.

JCarney

Letitroll98

• Facilitator
  • Too loud is just right
« Reply #16 on: 10 Oct 2023, 11:01 am »
Not unwanted at all.  It's just with a flat pack build there not a lot to comment on unless you're screwing up.  How many times can a guy say "great job" or "looks good"?  I bet if we had tracking of page views you'd be at the top.

JCarney

« Reply #17 on: 10 Oct 2023, 12:32 pm »
Not unwanted at all.  It's just with a flat pack build there not a lot to comment on unless you're screwing up.  How many times can a guy say "great job" or "looks good"?  I bet if we had tracking of page views you'd be at the top.

Thank You Letitroll, very kind of you. I was being silly when I typed that, chuckling to myself at the time.

JCarney

seikosha

« Reply #18 on: 10 Oct 2023, 12:35 pm »
Yeah, I’ve been enjoying the progress as well and am looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.

JCarney

« Reply #19 on: 10 Oct 2023, 02:24 pm »
Yeah, I’ve been enjoying the progress as well and am looking forward to seeing how it all turns out.

And Thank You seikosha, very kind of you as well. I certainly feel good about you and Letiroll's comments. Thanks guys. I figured out I need a few more 24" clamps to properly do the job, which means I get to go Harbor Freight to grab a few more and to see what other trouble I can get into.

JCarney