who the h is optoma

harley52

who the h is optoma
« on: 12 Jan 2015, 10:25 pm »
I know I'm behind on this news. So, checking their site it looks to me that Nuforce sold out to people that make projectors!!!!!!!  What's up with that? From what I saw on the home pg. it looks like they're a Red China Commie outfit. Just what we don't need is another sell out to some Commie B**tards. Gee Nuforce, I was looking at purchasing a piece of your gear, but that's not happening now.

mav52

Re: who the h is optoma
« Reply #1 on: 12 Jan 2015, 10:38 pm »
Optoma Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Optoma Technology, Inc. is a subsidiary of Coretronic Corporat http://www.coretronic.com/en/company01.php. Yes China.  Pretty everything in your house has some component made there.

wushuliu

« Reply #2 on: 12 Jan 2015, 10:48 pm »
I know I'm behind on this news. So, checking their site it looks to me that Nuforce sold out to people that make projectors!!!!!!!  What's up with that? From what I saw on the home pg. it looks like they're a Red China Commie outfit. Just what we don't need is another sell out to some Commie B**tards. Gee Nuforce, I was looking at purchasing a piece of your gear, but that's not happening now.

Lol!

Wait. This is a joke, right?

mhconley

« Reply #3 on: 13 Jan 2015, 12:59 am »
Coretronics headquarters are in Taiwan, not red China.  Most of their manufacturing is in China though, but so is almost everyone else's.

Martin

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #4 on: 13 Jan 2015, 01:19 am »
 :o

Optoma = Taiwan

Taiwan = democratic and capitalistic society

OOPS.

bladesmith

• water quenching steel since 2001....
    • palmer knives
« Reply #5 on: 13 Jan 2015, 02:46 am »
I thought that Taiwan was the ROC.
Republic of China.

mresseguie

• SW1X DAC+ D Sachs 300b + Daedalus Apollos = Heaven
« Reply #6 on: 13 Jan 2015, 04:18 am »
Hi, Blade.

I'm not sure if you're confused about this, but many folks are.

China is also called PRC - People's Republic of China
Taiwan is also ROC - Republic of China

If one isn't aware of the history of these two countries, one can be easily confused. There was a civil war in China between the communists and the KMT during and after WWII. The KMT lost and fled the mainland to occupy Kinmen, Matsu, and the island of Taiwan. The tiny islands of Kinmen and Matsu are (to me) shockingly close to Mainland China. [Personally, I do not understand why China hasn't already 'absorbed' them back into the fold.  :scratch:] The KMT government called itself the Republic of China and postured itself as a democracy.

Before the KMT government, its soldiers, and many civilians fled China, the ROC tag made sense. Today, after 66(?) years of not being in charge of the mainland, it makes little sense to me to still call it ROC. I'm an outsider, and I do not wish to offend any Taiwanese or Waisheng, so I will offer no more of my opinions on this topic.

I hope this has been helpful.

harley52

« Reply #7 on: 13 Jan 2015, 06:26 pm »
Mresseguie

Thank you for the history lesson. Really thank you. I do have two pieces made in Taiwan. I have no problem with stuff made in southeast Asia. It's the Chinese built gear I won't buy. It's so frustrating to see much of this hobby going to the dogs. I even see speaker's that cost thousands that are made in China. Is there no length that companies will go in the name of greed. Sheezz.

rustydoglim

• Industry Contributor
    • www.nuprimeaudio.com
« Reply #8 on: 22 Jan 2015, 10:20 pm »
Mresseguie

Thank you for the history lesson. Really thank you. I do have two pieces made in Taiwan. I have no problem with stuff made in southeast Asia. It's the Chinese built gear I won't buy. It's so frustrating to see much of this hobby going to the dogs. I even see speaker's that cost thousands that are made in China. Is there no length that companies will go in the name of greed. Sheezz.

But many things are made there (sure some have shifted to other S.E Asia countries for cost reason). So you don't own any computer, laptop, tablet, cell phones ? How to you get online to access audiocirle.com ?

Anyway, about NuForce high-end, it is now NuPrime Audio.  We have a circle here and you can read about the history.

harley52

« Reply #9 on: 23 Jan 2015, 05:23 am »
The topic is in regards to stereo gear. If you don't like N. American built stereo gear then buy and support the Red Chinese government . The day will come when you and many other's will regret buying gear from China. Not only does it hurt the working people on this continent but, it hurts the people in China who live a rather crappy life since the Red Chinese govt. don't give a rat's about their own people. I do hope you check the non-perishable's you purchase at the grocery store and if you have a pet/pet's that you check where their food and treat's are from. Look at the problem's and chemical's that are found in some toys for children. If a person can't find a comparable product made here for apprx. same cost of a Chinese product then they have little choice and I understand that full well.

Year's ago Dennis Had said one of the reasons he started EAS was to show that people can have American built product's at Chinese prices.

admin1

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: 23 Jan 2015, 10:38 am »
Gentlemen, this site if for audio.  This is not the place to discuss where other products are made and any issues with the government in charge of that country.
If you have a question about a particular manufacturer's place of origin kindly ask and leave it at that.  We will not allow social concerns or manufacturing practices that do not relate to audio. 
Thank you for adhering to AC posting guidelines. 
Facilitator, if there are anymore problems with posts going out of bounds please move to quarantine and/or contact admin.

jk@home

« Reply #11 on: 23 Jan 2015, 12:31 pm »
I thought this particular circle was for support for NuForce products. It appears since the original owners have sold NuForce to Optima, there has been no support, only an occasional plug by the originals in reference/sale pitch to their new stuff, which has it's own circle.

Maybe it's time for this place to go to the archives.  :roll: