Merry Christmas to Me

DBT AUDIO

Re: Merry Christmas to Me
« Reply #20 on: 31 Dec 2021, 09:32 pm »
As a tube lover myself, Luxman is one of the few SS amps I wouldn't mind owning.
Yes, the Luxman might satisfy a tube lover that wants to dabble with a SS!
Will be putting my 590 AX ii up for sale soon got to much stuff lol.
It sounds like the Don Sachs tube integrated is the winner in the Luxman vs. Don Sachs session!

sjsfiveo

« Reply #21 on: 31 Dec 2021, 09:57 pm »
Yes it did it's a beautiful marriage with the X3'S I think Don uses magical fairy dust when he builds his amps. More then powerful enough to drive the speakers with easy.

DBT AUDIO

« Reply #22 on: 31 Dec 2021, 10:05 pm »
Yes it did it's a beautiful marriage with the X3'S I think Don uses magical fairy dust when he builds his amps. More then powerful enough to drive the speakers with easy.
Excellent.  That’s good to hear that you’re satisfied with your setup!  It’s time to listen to music now!

geerock

« Reply #23 on: 31 Dec 2021, 11:05 pm »
Don has a knack for building that's for sure.  That Luxman is a fine piece but I figured the Valhalla would sound better with those Spatials.  Im curious if you like the NOS Russian power tubes or the KT66's.  Also be aware that the we6sn7's take a bit of time to bloom also so you have even better things coming down the road.  Very nice set up!

sjsfiveo

« Reply #24 on: 1 Jan 2022, 05:24 pm »
Don has a knack for building that's for sure.  That Luxman is a fine piece but I figured the Valhalla would sound better with those Spatials.  Im curious if you like the NOS Russian power tubes or the KT66's.  Also be aware that the we6sn7's take a bit of time to bloom also so you have even better things coming down the road.  Very nice set up!

Thanks for the kind words, I have only had the KT66's in the amp so far but someday soon I will switch the tubes to try something new. I'm bring home Don's separates tomorrow for a test drive to see how they compare to the integrated amp.

geerock

« Reply #25 on: 1 Jan 2022, 07:29 pm »
Thanks for the kind words, I have only had the KT66's in the amp so far but someday soon I will switch the tubes to try something new. I'm bring home Don's separates tomorrow for a test drive to see how they compare to the integrated amp.
Wait.  What?

You own both his integrated and separates?

sjsfiveo

« Reply #26 on: 2 Jan 2022, 01:49 am »
Wait.  What?

You own both his integrated and separates?

The gentleman I bought the integrated amp from also has separates. I'm picking them up tomorrow to see how they sound with X3'S. If I like them I'll get those also.

DBT AUDIO

« Reply #27 on: 20 Jan 2022, 10:33 am »
The gentleman I bought the integrated amp from also has separates. I'm picking them up tomorrow to see how they sound with X3'S. If I like them I'll get those also.
Any updates on the Don Sachs integrated vs. separates?