2021 prices

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
    • http://www.daedalusaudio.com
2021 prices
« on: 21 Feb 2021, 12:19 am »
It has been a few years since we have changed our prices, sadly our costs have gone up considerably.
My goal has always been to build the best possible and keep the pricing as fair as can be.
The upshot is that even with these modest price increases we are taking a hit, I hope everyone understands.

Now for the good news!   :popcorn:

The new models all have an updated midrange driver, while the crossover adjustments and driver itself have doubled our costs for that component, it is well worth the effort with greater clarity, imaging and sense of "phase correctness".

The one caveat is that considering my work on promoting the new Pacific Audio Fest while maintaining the high level of quality I demand for building the Daedalus speakers, we will only be building a limited number of sets this year.

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
Re: 2021 prices
« Reply #1 on: 21 Feb 2021, 12:23 am »
2021 Pricing for DiDs and accessories including our new Daedalus Stability Bases which are designed to work with all our 8" woofer systems.

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #2 on: 21 Feb 2021, 12:24 am »
2021 Pricing for Apollo Series
Please note that the Duelund upgrade is standard in the Apollo Series

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #3 on: 21 Feb 2021, 12:27 am »
2021 "Athena Series" Speakers (8" woofers)

fwiw My favorites in this series are the Muse (with Duelund), and the Argos.

Bones13

« Reply #4 on: 21 Feb 2021, 01:13 am »
Do my Muse Studios, from last year have the up to date midrange?

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #5 on: 21 Feb 2021, 01:23 am »
Do my Muse Studios, from last year have the up to date midrange?

We are just now finishing up the crossover changes for the new midrange, so basically no one has that yet.

In about a month I'll be doing a direct A/B between two sets of Muse, identical except for the midranges.  Will have a better assesment then of just how dramatic (or not) the difference is. It is definitely a solid improvement, the question will be is it worth the cost of the upgrade?
thanks,
Lou

Ice10

• Enjoy every sandwich
« Reply #6 on: 21 Feb 2021, 04:00 am »
I don’t know about the other materials, but given the price increases that we’ve seen with wood, just in the last year, I would consider these price increases very modest.

advanced101

« Reply #7 on: 21 Feb 2021, 02:24 pm »
I'll agree, this isn't much of a price increase.  I buy walnut and maple for my woodworking projects around the house and the prices have gotten silly for the good stuff.  Pricing for audio components and parts have gone up across the board.

Also, there is a lot of value in a brand that will upgrade your equipment to the newest version as it is released.  Lou's pricing on upgrades have been fantastic.

Excited for my Zeus with the newest v.3 parts.

rbbert

« Reply #8 on: 11 Mar 2021, 01:10 pm »
Hoping to soon hear the latest version of Ulysses with the new stability bases  :D

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #9 on: 11 Mar 2021, 07:19 pm »
Hoping to soon hear the latest version of Ulysses with the new stability bases  :D

Come to Pacific Audio Fest  July 30 and you can hear them.  The plan is we will show the newest ZEUS with the VAC Statement 450i IQ and Lampizator Pacific DAC. That amp/DAC combo was amazing with the Apollo in Feb 2020 and this should be a whole new level. :popcorn:

rbbert

« Reply #10 on: 11 Mar 2021, 11:46 pm »
Come to Pacific Audio Fest  July 30 and you can hear them.  The plan is we will show the newest ZEUS with the VAC Statement 450i IQ and Lampizator Pacific DAC. That amp/DAC combo was amazing with the Apollo in Feb 2020 and this should be a whole new level. :popcorn:

I should be able to hear them in my home soon, depending on when you are able to finish and ship  :wink:

Jarbs

« Reply #11 on: 13 Mar 2021, 03:53 pm »
Lou,
Is here any chance you will plop an Extreme into the Zeus system too? I might have to catch a flight out if you do that.
Greg

nDimensionalSpace

« Reply #12 on: 12 Apr 2021, 12:35 am »

@Daedalus Audio: Just wondering if you are planning to have a full lineup (or nearly full lineup) there, or just a few models . . .  Thanks.

Daedalus Audio

• Facilitator
« Reply #13 on: 12 Apr 2021, 09:10 pm »
Lou,
Is here any chance you will plop an Extreme into the Zeus system too? I might have to catch a flight out if you do that.
Greg

Pardon my ignorance but what is and "Extreme" ?

Jarbs

« Reply #14 on: 12 Apr 2021, 09:40 pm »
Sorry, Taiko SGM Extreme Server. Fred of Destination Audio (Lampizator NA) is a distributor. Probably the best server out there right now. The reviews are pretty conclusive. Maybe Fred can be persuaded?

For me, this system would show just how far it can go with my Pacific and Apollo 11’s. But I also don’t know what surprises you will bring with the new Zeus😉. For the show, it would make an impressive system even more so.

JP78

« Reply #15 on: 31 May 2021, 07:05 pm »
Hi Lou,

You may want to consider having a 2021 price lists sticky on this forum, perhaps to replace the 2015 price list increase sticky.

I imagine it'll be helpful for potential consumers to have pricing, models, and options all in one place. :)

Wishing you a prosperous year.

Gopher

« Reply #16 on: 12 Oct 2021, 05:51 pm »
Sorry, Taiko SGM Extreme Server. Fred of Destination Audio (Lampizator NA) is a distributor. Probably the best server out there right now. The reviews are pretty conclusive. Maybe Fred can be persuaded?

For me, this system would show just how far it can go with my Pacific and Apollo 11’s. But I also don’t know what surprises you will bring with the new Zeus😉. For the show, it would make an impressive system even more so.

I plan on having a Taiko Extreme for the big Randolph Room system.    :thumb:

I use one alongside my own Pacific and Apollos and believe me, your 11s can go farther than you thought.

Best,

Fred A.

Jarbs

« Reply #17 on: 16 Oct 2021, 02:41 am »
Thanks Fred,

Should be a good show at Capital Audiofest this year (November 5Th to 7th). Thought someone should clarify as the original post was about the now postponed Pacific Audiofest. That will be quite a system in Randolph. I’m not sure if I can make the show, but I’ll send you a PM.

Best,
Greg