Audition in Manchester,NH

kinku

Audition in Manchester,NH
« on: 6 Apr 2013, 11:28 am »
Hi,
I am going on a house hunting trip in NH,around Manchester and Nashua area. I have been craving to audition some good audiophile systems. Does anyone has suggestions about retailers with good setup?I will be in the area between April 11,12,13.
Hope to hear from you all.
Nava

sts9fan

Re: Audition in Manchester,NH
« Reply #1 on: 6 Apr 2013, 12:40 pm »
Hi
I think Fidelis is up there. Never been though.

audiogoober

« Reply #2 on: 6 Apr 2013, 06:06 pm »
Hollis and Belmont are very nice towns in the Nashua and Manchester areas. I'm in Sanbornville over on the Eastern side of the state and like NH very much.

Unfortunately, there aren't any good audio retailers in NH (in my opinion). Goodwins High End Audio is in Waltham, MA and worth the trip. I have no affiliation with them whatsoever....

ltr317

« Reply #3 on: 6 Apr 2013, 10:26 pm »
Yes Fidelis is in Derry, not far from Manchester. 

WJT4

« Reply #4 on: 6 Apr 2013, 10:57 pm »
I would second the recommendation of Fidelis AV in Derry.

You can find them at http://www.fidelisav.com

kinku

« Reply #5 on: 7 Apr 2013, 01:37 am »
Thank you all.Is it the only place in Manchester? I will check  them out.

Doublej

« Reply #6 on: 7 Apr 2013, 11:02 am »
You can try what was formerly known as Ensemble AV for many years. I'd call first to make sure they will be open and have gear of interest.

http://www.avtherapy.net/music/two-channel-audio.html

kinku

« Reply #7 on: 7 Apr 2013, 04:41 pm »
Thanks Doublej.I will call them ..

Doublej

« Reply #8 on: 7 Apr 2013, 05:03 pm »
I just thought of a few more.

Sounds of Silence in Nashua. I think it's still operated from Steve Klien's house. I was there once and totally miffed. He had a bunch of tweaks in his setup and every time he removed one of them I could hear a difference for the worse.

People rag on Best Buy but Magnolia is not bad (if you don't have one in your area). There is also State Street Discount in Portsmouth. I'd call them too before heading out to see if they have anything setup. My recollection is that they were more a warehouse like environment but I think they carry PSB and KEF.

There are two places different parts of Cambridge, MA. One is called the Audio Lab and the other is Q Audio but if you are going to head down in this direction the place to go is Goodwins High End. Saturday is the best day for them as I think it's still browsing day. The rest of the week they are appointment only. I think the Audio Lab is open on Sundays everyone else is closed.

Have fun.

phototrek

« Reply #9 on: 10 Apr 2013, 12:20 am »
Hi,

Besides Goodwin's High end in Waltham, there is also a store in Framingham, MA called Natural Sound.

threshold t-50

« Reply #10 on: 21 Jun 2013, 03:19 pm »
check out audio visual therapy in Nashua (formerly Ensemble) right next to Best Buy. Off exit 1 on DW Highway.

TF1216

• Facilitator
« Reply #11 on: 21 Jun 2013, 05:25 pm »
The best sound I have ever heard was at Goodwin's High-End.  They had a pair of Quad 2905 making the most amazing sound ever!