What game console is connected to your big screen TV?

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
You have a big screen TV (36" or larger?) -- what game console do you have connected to it?

Tell us which big screen TV model you have...

What video and audio connections do you have...

How does it compare to what you had before...

You can post pictures in the gallery (AudioCircle related pictures only please!)

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #1 on: 7 Jan 2003, 07:26 am »
I think I've posted this before, but I have a P2 & X-Box connected to the FPTV, as well as a DC.  It's fantastic, just adds a whole new level of impact and immersion.  Especially the 'Box with its in-game Dolby Digital.  (MechAssault will rearrange the furniture for you!).

I used to have a 'Cube, but I didn't care for it so I sold it to a fellow HDer.  He's been enjoying it quite a bit; not a bad system, per se, just didn't float my boat.

Previously I had a Phillips 55" RPTV.  It was a nice set, and I thought it was the king till the Plus came along.  Now the 55" is a "puny-vision."

The sound really improved, too, once I got a huge hollow box out from between the speakers.  I've added some gear and changed the system a bit since I last calibrated the parametric bass eq, so that's something I'll have to tweak pretty soon.  But first I intend to add a few more DIY acoustic treatments, then eq.  Should take the shootin' match to yet another level.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #2 on: 7 Jan 2003, 07:29 am »
BTW, forgot to post this:  'Box is connected component vid, P2 & DC are connected S-Vid.  Both the Microsoft & Sony systems are connected via Monster & AR Concert Series toslink cables, respectively.

Nothing special video cable wise, I'll be upgrading to better vid cable as the funds become available.  Maybe AQ, Tara Labs or Tributaries.  Not gonna spend a ton, it's for games after all! :wink:

gonefishin

« Reply #3 on: 17 Jan 2003, 02:16 am »
If ya click my system link in my signature you can see a pic of my system with a description of components.  

my system is actually integrated...2 channel and HT.  Mt 2 channel is completly seperated by a ht by-pass switch on my 2 ch preamp.  That way when I'm using my two channel system...the HT gear is taken entirely out of the picture...and when I'm using my HT system (movies or games) I have to fire up my 300B tube amps.

I use the HD hook up on my xbox...using the component inputs and the opticle out for DD5.1.

take care>>>>>>

jqp

• Volunteer
  • Each CD lovingly placed in the nOrh CD-1
« Reply #4 on: 17 Jan 2003, 03:43 am »
Quote from: gonefishin
That way when I'm using my two channel system...the HT gear is taken entirely out of the picture...and when I'm using my HT system (movies or games) I have to fire up my 300B tube amps.

And that's the way it should be  :wink:

bubba966

« Reply #5 on: 17 Jan 2003, 07:17 am »
Quote from: Rob Babcock
I used to have a 'Cube, but I didn't care for it so I sold it to a fellow HDer.  He's been enjoying it quite a bit; not a bad system, per se, just didn't float my boat.

What, I can't be a fellow ACer? I only get to be a homey over at HD? :bawl:

:lol: But yeah, I've been enjoying Rob's 'cube more than he did.

And either tomorrow or the day after I should be enjoying a 'box. Mmmm, Mechassault.... :mrgreen:

What do I have it all hooked up to you say?

Well I used to have a 36" Tosh. But as I'm sitting all of 7' away, the 36" was too big (could see the "cells" in the "Invar Shadow Mask" too easily). So I took back the 36" Tosh & got a 32" Toshiba Cinema Series that had better resolution than the 36" Tosh. And the damn 32" cost more than the 36" model...

Anyway the audio setup is this

Pioneer Elite VSX-39TX
Pioneer Elite M-10X Surround EX Amp
(2) M&K V-125 subs
(2) M&K S-125's for L & R channels
(1) M&K S-125C for the center
(2) M&K S-85's for the rears
(2) M&K Surround 550THX's for rear centers

I've got the 'cube hooked up via Component Video

The N64 & Dreamcast on S-Video

The 3DO, Jag, Jag CD, Super Nintendo, NES, Genesis, 32X, Genesis CD, Saturn, & PSX are all on Composite.

And I've got a Turbo Grafx 16 & Master System around here somewhere as well.

Almost forgot the handhelds...

Have got a Turbo Express w/TV tuner (the baddest handheld EVER!), Nomad, Game Gear, & Gameboy Pocket.

Rob Babcock

• Volunteer
« Reply #6 on: 19 Jan 2003, 02:26 am »
Ooops, I'm still saying "HD'er"-guess old habits die hard! :oops:   Glad you're diggin' the cube.  You'll love MechAssault, it truly rocks.  And you can't beat giant robots live online!

bubba966

« Reply #7 on: 21 Jan 2003, 05:35 am »
Finally picked up my 'box today. Had been too busy the last few days to do so.

Picked up the HD pack so I could use my old Monster M500CV Component cable & a Monster ILS100 Optical cable. I'd rather use a coax for it, but I'm out of Coax inputs on my receiver. And the DVDP & LDP have priority there.

Unfortunately I've got to wait on MechAssault until my friend can pick it up from the MS company store. Which hopefully won't be too long. And I'll have him pick me up Halo at some point too.

Haven't picked up the Live pack yet. Need to figure out how to find the $50 for it. Guess I should find out if it can be picked up at the MS company store. It'd probably be a lot cheaper there.