Tyler Acoustics U2 speakers

Komoyuki

Tyler Acoustics U2 speakers
« on: 2 Nov 2023, 12:58 am »
So recently I bought a pair of Tyler acoustics new model the U2. Very large cabinet, I don't know if you can call it a bookshelf speaker  :lol:

Looks good, well built. They use SB acoustics drivers and good quality crossover parts.

The sound is neutral and smooth. Enough clarity without any harness. I think those speakers will be very sensitive to the electronics they are paring with. The bass is present without being overwhelmed and extension is also very good. They are easy to placement, thanks to the front ported design.

Overall a very well made and sounding speaker

whopnyc

Re: Tyler Acoustics U2 speakers
« Reply #1 on: 2 Nov 2023, 12:05 pm »
Thanks for posting this. They look huge! I had a tiny pair of his speakers like 20+ years ago. Build quality was quite good. I'm sure they've just gotten better. Enjoy!

Freo-1

« Reply #2 on: 2 Nov 2023, 05:17 pm »
Congratulations.  Always been a supporter of Tyler Acoustics.  Glad you like them!

Could not find this model on Tyler's website.

Komoyuki

« Reply #3 on: 2 Nov 2023, 05:52 pm »
Congratulations.  Always been a supporter of Tyler Acoustics.  Glad you like them!

Could not find this model on Tyler's website.

Indeed it's actually a new model that isn't even on his website yet. I'm pretty sure I'm the first to write down a "review" about this model 😆

Alain Arseneault

• Double A
« Reply #4 on: 2 Nov 2023, 06:29 pm »
Hi all.
That's the kibd of speakers I would have like to buy-have.
Probably over my budget and I got a super good deal on some DIY - GR Reaserch speakers
from an ex-members of AC.

Double A

Tyson

• Audio - It's all a big fake.
« Reply #5 on: 2 Nov 2023, 09:39 pm »
Nice speakers!  I see it has a coaxial midrange and an 8 inch bass woofer, so it's a true 3 way.  Given that, the box is pretty small!

Rocket

« Reply #6 on: 5 Nov 2023, 12:58 pm »
Hi,

Just wondering who designed the crossovers for the speakers? I remember a few years ago that Danny from Gr Research did some design work for the company.

There are a couple of pair of Tyler Acoustics speakers for sale here locally in Perth, Western Australia. They won't be easy to sell as the brand is not well known here.

Cheers Rod

Komoyuki

« Reply #7 on: 5 Nov 2023, 01:26 pm »
Hi,

Just wondering who designed the crossovers for the speakers? I remember a few years ago that Danny from Gr Research did some design work for the company.

There are a couple of pair of Tyler Acoustics speakers for sale here locally in Perth, Western Australia. They won't be easy to sell as the brand is not well known here.

Cheers Rod

Hi Rod.

Danny has designed the TimeKeeper series only from what I understand but I might be wrong. The crossover use good quality parts and I've asked Ty to add NoRez inside as damping materials.

Rocket

« Reply #8 on: 6 Nov 2023, 11:17 am »
Hi,

Enjoy your new speakers. I've only heard great things about Tyler Acoustics speakers.

Cheers Rod

Komoyuki

« Reply #9 on: 19 Jan 2024, 04:59 pm »
To make a short story. I finally decided to upgrade my crossover and also go with new damping materials (felt). I also spent several hours for fine tuning and phase alignment etc. The result is spectacular.

Rocket

« Reply #10 on: 21 Jan 2024, 01:22 am »
Hi,

Thanks for the update. Did you buy these speakers new?  I sure wish I had the confidence to upgrade my crossover etc.

Cheers Rod

Komoyuki

« Reply #11 on: 21 Jan 2024, 12:48 pm »
Hi,

Thanks for the update. Did you buy these speakers new?  I sure wish I had the confidence to upgrade my crossover etc.

Cheers Rod

Yes I bought them new from Tyler

decal

« Reply #12 on: 22 Jan 2024, 08:55 pm »
I have two pairs of Tyler Acoustics, never heard the need to upgrade either pair.