Summer G2G

sheadlee

Re: Summer G2G
« Reply #40 on: 25 Jun 2018, 02:56 pm »
Rich,

Once again, a big thanks to you and your family for 'tolerating' our invasion  :thumb:!

It's always great to spend time with like-minded audio enthusiasts, and also come away with new knowledge.

After listening to several different DAC's and cables...I had confirmation that I am totally happy with my PS Audio Directstream 'stack', as well as my JPS Labs cables.

I thought Rick Craig's new speakers were real winners, and considering the quality of drivers...a definite bargain.

Looking forward to our next G2G.

krustykat

« Reply #41 on: 25 Jun 2018, 09:03 pm »
Hi Rich,
Sorry I missed the G2G, I had previous commitments but hope to be at the next one.  I've been using a Nord 1200AS2 icepower amp with my Selah Tempestra Extremes for the last month or so. I packed away my PASS XA30.8 for the summer to bring the heat down in my listening room.   I'm very impressed by the value that the B&O 1200AS2 platform brings to the table - it's about 1/4 the retail price of the PASS!  Detail, power and I can pick it up with one hand (vs. 2 people required for the PASS).  Game changer in my opinion. 

richidoo

« Reply #42 on: 26 Jun 2018, 11:09 pm »
Hey Krusty, see you next time

I agree that the new generation of SuperClassD amps are really something. I like that class A sound too, especially on old jazz recordings. I would consider the Hypex NC502 to fall between the Pass and the ICEedge, but much closer to the ICE, with a just hint of warmth. The ICE has no warmth at all, which I prefer for classical music. Cold and dry, like the ICE name implies, for maximum tonal texture.