WTB: Miles Davis & John Coltrane ‎– The Final Tour: The Bootleg Series, Vol. 6

rockadanny

A reasonably priced CD package of, "Miles Davis & John Coltrane ‎– The Final Tour: The Bootleg Series, Vol. 6", shipped to 30064.
OR, perhaps we can do some music swapping instead.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King

rockadanny

Yes, I saw that. Thank you. Being a senior on a fixed income, I was hoping for a more reasonable price. I believe these were <$30 when Amazon sold them. I simply cannot afford to pay an over inflated price.

newzooreview

The album is available from Presto Music. They have the uncompressed CD resolution and higher resolution versions available.

https://www.prestomusic.com/jazz/products/8534475--miles-davis-john-coltrane-the-final-tour-the-bootleg-series-vol-6

newzooreview

Also, if you have Qobuz, you can buy the download of the CD-quality album for $26.

S Clark

• a riot is the language of the unheard- Dr. King
Or buy the cd, burn a copy or rip it, and sell it.  Not exactly legal, but Miles and Trane won't mind. After all, it was a bootleg to begin with. 

rockadanny

Thanks for the suggestions. I don't stream so am looking for physical CDs.

WGH

I don't stream so am looking for physical CDs.

Why not buy the 44.1 kHz/16 bit FLAC ($34.50), use a free converter to expand it into a WAV file and use the free CDBurnerXP to make a physical CD? I do this all the time. One potential glitch is the burned CD may not play in your CD player, which happens rarely. I never had a problem but demo CD's I make for our audio club meetings don't play in one members CD player. He solves the problem by ripping the CD using his computer and burns a new CD, then it plays.

CDBurnerXP, despite it's name works with Windows 11
https://cdburnerxp.se/en/home

I have no suggestions for a free FLAC to WAV converter. I use dBpoweramp but it costs money.

If you use a Mac I will be no help at all.

newzooreview

On the Mac, xACT is free and handles audio file compression and decompression very well. FLAC to WAV or AIFF are both easy, and processing hundreds of tracks while keeping them in their source folders is very easy. Decompressing to AIFF is much better than WAV because the information embedded in the FLAC file will be preserved in the AIFF file. Album, artist, track name, year of release, and whatever else will be kept and not stripped away as with a WAV file.

http://xact.scottcbrown.org/

Last I checked, the built-in Music app will let you burn a set of tracks to an Audio CD playable in a CD player. You would import the tracks into Music and then make a playlist for each CD. You would want to keep the total size of the tracks in each playlist less than 700 Mb to avoid an error in filling up the CD.

rockadanny

Thank you for the valuable information.  :thumb:

rockadanny

However, I would still rather prefer a new/used box set on CDs if someone out there has one for sale/trade.