Gorgeous gear

shawnbaden

Re: Gorgeous gear
« Reply #80 on: 5 Sep 2010, 03:44 am »
FedEx dropped off my Sensation M451 this evening.  Black face, buttons, and volume knob with redbrick sides and sycamore top.  Now to start the burn-in process.

tabrink

• lake life is good
My Boring gear
« Reply #81 on: 5 Sep 2010, 04:59 am »
I have had a lot of gear over the last thirty years and this is as boring as it gets but:
My Gary Dodd Sensation 901
Virtue Piano
EE PRE
EE DAC
And my friend Louis's Omega SuperHemps rock!!!!!!

No colors or columns nothing cool!

:thumb:

brother love

« Reply #82 on: 5 Sep 2010, 10:50 am »
Sweet!!!!!!!!!! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Pretty solid aren't they!!! :thumb: :thumb:

Yes, very substantial in weight but not in size.  I got the sweet aluminum remote too, & it feels heavier than some cheaper electronics I've owned before!  :o

Mama Virtue

Re: My Boring gear
« Reply #83 on: 7 Sep 2010, 05:01 pm »
I have had a lot of gear over the last thirty years and this is as boring as it gets but:
My Gary Dodd Sensation 901
Virtue Piano
EE PRE
EE DAC
And my friend Louis's Omega SuperHemps rock!!!!!!

No colors or columns nothing cool!

:thumb:

Well, it's never too late to change the boring part, get some "aftermarket" upgrades  :wink:

saisunil

« Reply #84 on: 15 Sep 2010, 07:41 pm »
For plexi-glass top - how about putting a golden LED to enhance the glow of tube buffer - that would be cool  8)  and if it can be done - I'd like to add that to my order ...

eclein

• Volunteer
  • ..we walk the plank with our eyes wide open!-Gotye
« Reply #85 on: 19 Sep 2010, 09:06 pm »
These pieces just make me smile everyday! The sound I'm getting from my TWO.2 and Piano M1 combination is excellent, how are you new folks out there enjoying your Virtue gear??? :thumb: :thumb:

mikeeastman

« Reply #86 on: 19 Sep 2010, 10:50 pm »
Just finished my sandstone top for my sensation and sandstone face and top for Dodd 2 buffer.  If someone is interested in a stone top for a Virtue sensation or piano, here are some samples of the other stones I have. 
Seth, If you see anything you like or anything I post in the future, it's yours.

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #87 on: 19 Sep 2010, 11:17 pm »
Mike, I love it!!!   I'd like to buy one for my mother.  She loves sandstone!  Send me a PM! 

Now that I'm seeing this full-screen, it reminds me of some of the initial prototypes we did in 2006.  I have a basement full of samples from the marble distributor.  It's really cool isn't it?  And isn't it crazy that stone of this beauty is basically free from the ground - we're paying logistics more or less to buy it. 

Natural materials are so gorgeous.  And that was really the inspiration for the Melissa enclosure and why I patented it.  Bravo, Mike!  I'd love to see pictures with your natural stone tops all over the internet.  We made a bunch but mounted them wrong and they were all thrown out so for me, you have realized my vision.

So let me put my money (hehe, haha) where my mouth is: the first 50 customers who buy a top from you will get a $20 credit on virtueaudio.com.  Let me know when you need more rails, free for you (exclusively).
« Last Edit: 20 Sep 2010, 05:39 am by virtue »

ZLS

« Reply #88 on: 20 Sep 2010, 03:38 am »
    Cuanto Mucho? 

Jonathon Janusz

« Reply #89 on: 20 Sep 2010, 04:11 am »
The stone tops are awesome!  Very classy look. :)

JohnR

« Reply #90 on: 20 Sep 2010, 10:22 am »
I still want the white Granite top I ordered for my Piano.

mikeeastman

« Reply #91 on: 20 Sep 2010, 04:49 pm »
John,
Seth ask me to make your top, here are pics of the two types of white granite I have now, let me know if either will work for you.

as I'm in middle of a remodel on my house and only a third of the way through a guest house I'm building for a customer it might be a couple of weeks.  PM your address and I'll send them off soon as I can.

mikeeastman

« Reply #92 on: 22 Sep 2010, 12:09 am »
Here are 4 variations of black.  3 granite, one marble. 

PSB Guy

« Reply #93 on: 22 Sep 2010, 01:21 am »
Beautiful...

Sparky14

« Reply #94 on: 22 Sep 2010, 01:44 am »
Those are cool, I wonder if I could make one of my leftover travertine floor tiles into a sensation top? Hmmmmm.

mikeeastman

« Reply #95 on: 22 Sep 2010, 02:50 am »
Yes you can, the only problem you might run into is the travertine tends to have fractures in the structure that can cause it to break if not  completely supported. If you have that problem the usual way to fix this is to attach a layer of fiberglass mesh to back of stone with some epoxy resin. This is best done before cutting the stone.

mikeeastman

« Reply #96 on: 22 Sep 2010, 07:27 pm »
Here is a sample of white marble, this is the whitest stone I've found so far I'll keep looking to see if I can find anything more solid white.

virtue

• Facilitator
  • Making audio lovers audiophiles
    • Virtue Audio
« Reply #97 on: 22 Sep 2010, 07:32 pm »
Mike,

The white stone I love is Naxos White Crystalline marble.  The original Piano photos used it.  However, it's very soft and hard-to-find.

http://eurasian.com/greece/marble/naxos_white_crystalline.html

I also recommend your offering tops using synthetic Jerusalem stone and competitive equivalents.  These materials have no internal crystalline structure and are thus, resonance free and can be cut without concern for shattering.

Seth

jtsnead

« Reply #98 on: 24 Sep 2010, 04:20 pm »

Just got it! Rosewood top. I like the contrast between the
light and dark wood.

Going to use it as a preamp first.

Anyone know, is it okay to use w/o a load on the speaker
outputs?

Jason T

• Industry Participant
  • Enjoying the music
    • custom cables
« Reply #99 on: 10 Oct 2010, 02:52 am »
by no means do you have to have speakers attached, feel free to use it as a stand alone preamp.
I have done so off and on and there are a few guys out there using the Sensation as a preamp for their iceblocks.

enjoy !