qobuz info

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com

wushuliu

Re: qobuz info
« Reply #1 on: 20 Dec 2018, 03:31 pm »
Currently Qobuz does not have as many titles as Tidal for my listening needs. Despite the international pedigree their classical Indian music catalog is not as robust, and there are weird gaps in their rock selections like one of my favorite albums by the band Heart. Maybe that will change once qobuz is available in the US.

skunark

« Reply #2 on: 20 Dec 2018, 03:49 pm »
I can’t wait to give them a go. 

Testsystems

« Reply #3 on: 20 Dec 2018, 05:08 pm »
James

At the RMAF in Denver this year I was told that Qobuz will arrive in Canada in early 2019.  It is already in the US on a trial basis.  Will the Bryston BDP's including the Pi support this new service?

Cheers
Drew

James Tanner

• Facilitator
  • The Demo is Everything!
    • http://www.bryston.com
« Reply #4 on: 20 Dec 2018, 05:39 pm »
James

At the RMAF in Denver this year I was told that Qobuz will arrive in Canada in early 2019.  It is already in the US on a trial basis.  Will the Bryston BDP's including the Pi support this new service?

Cheers
Drew

Hi Drew

I believe Chris Rice is working on it.

James

skunark

« Reply #5 on: 21 Dec 2018, 04:12 am »
Hi Drew

I believe Chris Rice is working on it.

James
One interesting approach is to use upmpdcli, works witha competitor app (linn kazoo) but seems more solid thsn the mpd client apps

A_shah

« Reply #6 on: 21 Dec 2018, 07:06 pm »
 I am using Qobuz since November ( got a Demo code from the company )I love the fact that I can stream Hi/rez( up-to 24/192 KHz of Classical music , true !i so far Qobuz does not have as robust a selection as Tidal but has plenty for now and it is growing the Software Interface is "much more Robust "than Tidal and to my Ears be it using my LCD-X Headphones or my Sound system i find it to more linear  than Tidal , great Clarity and non fatiguing, Tidal to me  seems to be a bit booming ( maybe more Bass , but that may have to do with the fact that it may not be as linear as Qobuz . Just my take on it
Happy Holidays everyone !  :D :xmas:

Asghar   

docder

« Reply #7 on: 22 Dec 2018, 05:39 pm »
I note Qobuz is now live within the Amarra app, in Europe, anyway . My Qobuz account now shows alongside local and Tidal content. Working very well and looks good.

BTW, I have been a along time user of Qobuz and find their library to be extensive, there's not much I have not been able to find, loads of international/world music, including Indian Classical, some wonderful Z M Dagar.

Now looking forward to the Qobuz integration with Bryston MPD.

D

Krutsch

« Reply #8 on: 23 Dec 2018, 02:41 pm »

Now looking forward to the Qobuz integration with Bryston MPD.

What *I* am looking forward to is full Roon integration. Then, it will be easy to compare with TIDAL and my local library, streamed to my BDP-1.

Streaming payments in my household are getting expensive: Spotify (can't cancel the family plan; my wife and daughter use this exclusively), TIDAL, Primephonic and soon Qobuz. It's a lot, but compared with what I used to spend on media, it's nothing-ball.

I am really enjoying Primephonic - especially the browse/search functions. And, the sound quality seems to be good. Right now, they don't integrate with anything, so I am using aptX HD from my Android to another box for listening. This is pretty much all I have been listening to in my car. If they survive and are integrated with streamers, I may stop purchasing classical music media.

Amazing times we live in...

techguy0192

« Reply #9 on: 30 Dec 2018, 04:26 pm »
I have been very happy with Tidal.  I listen to some pretty obscure independent artist, and so far, I have found all of them on Tidal.  With that said, competition is never a bad thing.