Pics from CES/THE Show of VMPS room from Positive Feedback Online

John Casler

CES/THE Show coverage of VMPS room from Positive Feedback Online

Dave and Carol Clark from Positive Feedback Online came by and took some pictures.

Scroll down here to see them

http://www.positive-feedback.com/Issue29/ces074.htm

Here is a teaser

JoshK

How did you like those Atmaspheres?  I heard VMPS paired with Atmaspheres at Hmen's place, it was a beautiful match.

John Casler

How did you like those Atmaspheres?  I heard VMPS paired with Atmaspheres at Hmen's place, it was a beautiful match.

What can you say when you have $34K of tube amp and $12K of Brian's best work, wired together with John McDonald's (Audience) Power Conditioning and cables.

The good thing was we were able to A/B the Son's of Ampzilla, compared to the Atmaspheres.

Definite and distinct differences.

My problem, is I like the sound of both.

But to answer your question, the VMPS/Atmasphere marriage was made in sonic heaven.  Even in a Hotel Room, they romanced us all with their sonic virtues.

The upper mid bass was clean, and detailed.  The midrange was buttery smooth with no edge, and the highs were clean and adequately extended.  Dynamics were to die for, and tone and timbre were "right on".

That said, the SoA were also equally impressive with  a shade less "warmth" (and I mean only a shade) in the mids, while having a more detailed and extended upper range. (at about $30K less)

The MA2's were "overkill" and there is no doubt that the smaller versions could have produced the same sonic purity.