Price adjustments coming soon

jsalk

• Facilitator
    • Salk Signature Sound
Price adjustments coming soon
« on: 17 Aug 2018, 06:35 pm »
In the past couple of months, we have seen cost increases on many of the parts that go into our speakers.  We have basically eaten those costs to date and they have been significant.  We can't continue to eat these costs, so price adjustments are in order.

There is also a little matter of tariffs and we don't know what that will mean as many of the driver frames, etc. are aluminum and may come from countries that are subjects of tariffs.  That means that even the new prices may not hold depending on what happens in the world trade arena.

At any rate, we just wanted people to know that adjustments are coming so that if they intended to order a few months down the line, they could take this into account and perhaps adjust their time frame accordingly.

As to what the increases will be on a given model, we won't know until we complete an analysis.  I would expect all Song3 models to be involved.  Rythmik subs will not be involved since we have already adjusted prices on those.  Not sure at this point how many other models will be involved.

- Jim
« Last Edit: 21 Aug 2018, 02:49 pm by jsalk »

NHSkier

Re: Price adjustments coming soon
« Reply #1 on: 20 Aug 2018, 09:46 pm »
Jim,
I'm really surprised no one's commented on this yet, but just wanted to say that I really appreciate your commitment to the customer. While no one likes price hikes, we can all appreciate what you have to do to earn a living in this business. You have a dedicated customer base and that counts for a lot in a world where tastes are fickle and access to most goods is practically unlimited (Amazon).

As an aside, I've seen only one other company make a similar announcement - GoRuck. More companies should follow your lead!