From Australia to RMAF 2011

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
Re: From Australia to RMAF 2011
« Reply #40 on: 24 Oct 2011, 04:42 pm »
I'll second that sentiment, Tyson. Having lived in N.J., Pennsylvania, New York, Washington, Virginia and Massachusetts, I cannot understand why people choose to live in other places when Colorado is an option. We have over 300 sunny days per year out here in Fruita, very little snow each winter, and the temps seldom go below zero.

AND, Denver's forecast is 80 degrees today, late October?  That's ridiculous  :duh: :lol:.

You guys are blessed this year.  The weather at the show was just as gorgeous.  Remember previous years we seemed to have always had at least some flurries?

macrojack

• Restricted
« Reply #41 on: 24 Oct 2011, 07:13 pm »
I don't feel blessed because the weather was like this long before I arrived. I'll take credit for being smart enough to move here once I learned about it though.

lonewolfny42

• Speakers....What Speakers ?
« Reply #42 on: 26 Oct 2011, 05:46 am »
Snowing in Denver now....missed it by a week.... :o

A WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 PM MDT WEDNESDAY.

* TIMING...SNOW WILL OCCUR OVERNIGHT WITH SNOW HEAVY AT TIMES. SNOWFALL RATES OF 1 TO 2 INCHES PER HOUR WILL BE POSSIBLE THROUGH 9 AM WEDNESDAY MORNING.

* ACCUMULATION/WIND...TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 8 TO 16 INCHES WILL BE POSSIBLE BY NOON WEDNESDAY. ACCUMULATIONS WILL BE HEAVIEST TO THE WEST OF INTERSTATE 25 AND OVER THE PALMER DIVIDE. SIGNIFICANT WIND IS NOT EXPECTED.

* MAIN IMPACT...HEAVY WET SNOW MAY ACCUMULATE ON TREES... RESULTING IN BROKEN TREE LIMBS AND POWER OUTAGES. ROADS WILL BECOME SNOW COVERED DURING PERIODS OF HEAVY SNOW. POOR VISIBILITIES WILL ALSO BE EXPERIENCED DURING HEAVY SNOW.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

REMEMBER...A WINTER STORM WARNING MEANS HAZARDOUS WINTER WEATHER CONDITIONS ARE IMMINENT OR HIGHLY LIKELY. SIGNIFICANT SNOW ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED. THIS WILL MAKE TRAVEL VERY HAZARDOUS OR IMPOSSIBLE.

goldlizsts

• Let Music Flow!
« Reply #43 on: 26 Oct 2011, 02:09 pm »
Snowing in Denver now....missed it by a week.... :o

Aren't "WE" lucky!? to be out of there; just heard on the radio, like 10" possible.....