Where are all the dirty, sexy, naked Rmaf pics?

mcullinan

Where are all the dirty, sexy, naked Rmaf pics?
« on: 13 Oct 2007, 12:43 am »
??????
mike

KCI-JohnP

Re: Where are all the dirty, sexy, naked Rmaf pics?
« Reply #1 on: 13 Oct 2007, 12:45 am »
Anybody? Someone??  :(

RuSsMaN

• Polk Audio Rep
    • Polk Audio
« Reply #2 on: 13 Oct 2007, 01:18 am »
All in good time, I'm sure.  Maybe they are all having SO much fun listening and telling audio lies, they haven't found time to post.

Cheers,
Russ

flintstone

« Reply #3 on: 13 Oct 2007, 01:25 am »
Ya...did anyone hit (True Sound Works at the RMAF - room 561).....Apogee Acoustics?

Another speaker I'm wondering about...the Beveridge E-stats....anyone hear them?

I'm guessing that the Beveridge would fair much better than the Apogees in a hotel room type setup...larger dipoles not being as easy to setup as the E-stat Beveridge.

Dave
« Last Edit: 13 Oct 2007, 02:10 am by flintstone »

ooheadsoo

« Reply #4 on: 13 Oct 2007, 02:29 am »
This was posted by...I forgot: http://www.enjoythemusic.com/rmaf_2007/

mgalusha

« Reply #5 on: 13 Oct 2007, 02:42 am »
They're all still in the bar. :beer: I left my camera behind so I have no photos this year. :(

DaveC113

• Industry Contributor
  • ZenWaveAudio.com
« Reply #6 on: 13 Oct 2007, 04:06 am »
There were a lot of nice systems, but Cogent was over the top... price must be well into the 6 digits. The driver pictured is a field coil compression driver good to ~ 50 Hz feeding the bass horn.

I also heard Feastrex's 9" field coil single driver speaker ($24k/pr) in a BLH, and their 5" driver ($3900) with a spherical alnico magnet showcased in a MaxxHorn Lumination cabinet. These were really good speakers. The Lowther room had some PM6A w/Alnicos and a silver voice coil in an OB with 4 Seas W26 10" woofers x-ed over @ 60Hz, both OB as well. It was very good, but lacked impact and high end extension. MBL's omnidirectional speakers ($45k) were really cool, I should have got a pic of those. They were fun to listen to. 

Overall I'm pretty happy with what I've got. Louis's hempcones might be the best speaker of its type right now under $10k :thumb:

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #7 on: 13 Oct 2007, 04:44 am »
They're all still in the bar. :beer:  :(

Yup.

What he said....   :beer:

It's 1.00 in the morning here, and I'm just getting back to my hotel room.

Time for some shuteye.  :sleep:

Cheers

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #8 on: 13 Oct 2007, 05:29 am »
Here's a few pics I took today. It's hard to get good pics, a lot of the rooms are dark.

GR Research LS 6 & Dodd Audio

GR Research LS 9 & Red Rock Audio

Von Shweikert

Consonance

Sonicweld

More to follow...

Cheers

Steve Eddy

• http://www.q-audio.com
« Reply #9 on: 13 Oct 2007, 06:04 am »

What's all that crap piled up behind the Von Shweikert's? Speaker cables?

se

tberd

« Reply #10 on: 13 Oct 2007, 09:22 am »
 Looks like some new radar dish ....

tberd

mcullinan

« Reply #11 on: 13 Oct 2007, 12:09 pm »
Looks like they r using crumpled tinfoil.
Mike

Eduardo AAVM

« Reply #12 on: 13 Oct 2007, 01:41 pm »

se

Yes most probably those are speaker cables.

Daygloworange

• Industry Participant
  • www.customconcepts.ca
« Reply #13 on: 13 Oct 2007, 03:36 pm »

Yeah, speaker cables.   :o

I asked him about them. He says they are made from some military spec something or other. Pure crystal free copper. He coated them himself, then put the covering on them. He says they have zero inductance and capacitance, and measure something like .004 resistance or something. He says it's almost like having no wire.

When I saw those, I just had to ask.

Cheers

TheChairGuy

« Reply #14 on: 13 Oct 2007, 03:54 pm »

Yeah, speaker cables.   :o

I asked him about them. He says they are made from some military spec something or other. Pure crystal free copper. He coated them himself, then put the covering on them. He says they have zero inductance and capacitance, and measure something like .004 resistance or something. He says it's almost like having no wire.

Cheers

If inductance and capacitance is near zero....wouldn't resistance have to be HUGE?  I thought 'wire' was all about trade-offs in those 3 relevant electrical specs?  :scratch:

Steve Eddy

« Reply #15 on: 13 Oct 2007, 03:57 pm »

Zero inductance and capacitance? Nonsense. You can shoot for very low inductance, but not without ending up with a lot of capacitance. Or you can shoot for very low capacitance, but not without ending up with a lot of inductance. You can't separate the two. And getting low resistance is just a matter of using enough conductor.

Well they certainly do draw attention to themselves. :green:

se

Steve Eddy

« Reply #16 on: 13 Oct 2007, 03:59 pm »
If inductance and capacitance is near zero....wouldn't resistance have to be HUGE?  I thought 'wire' was all about trade-offs in those 3 relevant electrical specs?  :scratch:

The tradeoffs are between inductance and capacitance. Low inductance and high capacitance or low capacitance and high inductance. You can have low resistance in either case.

se

ctviggen

« Reply #17 on: 13 Oct 2007, 10:07 pm »
I don't know -- it's very thin and wide.  I'm not sure where there two conductors are, but if they put them side-by-side, I could see it having both low capacitance (as the effective area separated by a distance would be small) and inductance (as there really isn't any coil to have inductance).  In this case, there might not be a trade off between the two.  I think these look cool.  I also like the looks of the Sonicwelds.   

Steve Eddy

« Reply #18 on: 13 Oct 2007, 10:19 pm »
I don't know -- it's very thin and wide.  I'm not sure where there two conductors are, but if they put them side-by-side, I could see it having both low capacitance (as the effective area separated by a distance would be small) and inductance (as there really isn't any coil to have inductance).  In this case, there might not be a trade off between the two.

There's still a coil. It's the loop formed by the two conductors. The inductance would be proportional to the spacing between them. The closer together they are, the lower the inductance, but the higher the capacitance. The father apart they are, that lowers capacitance, but it increases inductance.

I think these look cool.

That's ok. I won't hold it against you.

I also like the looks of the Sonicwelds.

Oh. Well now THAT'S unforgivable! You should be put out of your misery. :green:

se

Scott F.

« Reply #19 on: 13 Oct 2007, 10:40 pm »
Nice threadjack Steve.  :roll:  This post is supposed to be about pics of RMAF, not your impressions of technical stuff.

BTW, For those looking for pics, here are some from one of the GAS guys docutech.

Part 1
Part 2

Here is the original thread docutech started in the GAS Circle - RMAF Pictures. He'll probqably update it with even more pics as time goes on.

Here is a teaser or two;