Grateful Dead Lyricist Robert Hunter Dies At 78

andy_c

MttBsh

Re: Grateful Dead Lyricist Robert Hunter Dies At 78
« Reply #1 on: 25 Sep 2019, 06:14 am »
I hadn't realized that back in the early 60s he and Jerry Garcia formed a folk music duo called Bob and Jerry.

Both homeless for a time, they lived out of their cars, parking them side-by-side in a Palo Alto vacant lot. They survived those days, both would say later, by eating tins of pineapple Hunter had pilfered from a military installation during his brief time in the National Guard.

stlrman

« Reply #2 on: 25 Sep 2019, 11:29 am »
I had many great years dancing to ,and singing this man’s lyrics .
About 50 Dead shows and 25 Jerry Band shows .
Let there be songs to fill the air . :thumb:

Phil A

« Reply #3 on: 25 Sep 2019, 01:02 pm »
RIP

jriggy

« Reply #4 on: 25 Sep 2019, 05:44 pm »
This came as a shock for us Deadheads out here. Re-realizing the power, emotion and imagery of Rober Hunter’s lyrics and poetry all over again is just another gift for us on his way out...
I thought it was going to be tough to be alone yesterday after hearing the news...but the folks at the SXM GD channel worked hard & fast and got David Gans up and running for an impromptu 2 hour call-in show, right after the days live show aired. It was a very emotional couple hours that was just what I needed to get through it —a connection to my fellow Heads I otherwise would not have had.

Those of us that have so so many deeply emotional memories, along with that feeling of being connected to ‘the one’ with everyone there, from all those live experiences, makes the emotions that much stronger.

Fare you well our lyrical master. Your words and world created for us will live on forever.

GregC

« Reply #5 on: 26 Sep 2019, 12:13 am »
Time to play "He's Gone" tonight and reminisce.... RIP