Plasma: Pioneer vs. Panny

Alwayswantmore

Re: Plasma: Pioneer vs. Panny
« Reply #20 on: 30 Nov 2007, 12:05 am »
...On HD material he prefers the Pio, on SD it isn't even close. The Pio has really good internal scalers that make SD content look far better than I expected. I had planned on buying an upconverting DVD, but again, don't need it as it would be redundant to what the Pio does...
Your points on SD upcoversion, plus the anti-glare are enough to convince me that I probably need to spend the extra grand on the Pioneer. Thanks to everyone on your input. Kent

KKM

« Reply #21 on: 30 Nov 2007, 12:11 am »
The Panasonic TH-50PX75U was on sale at Frys.com for $1199 last week. Looks like I bought it in time before they jack the price back up. I think they're lowering prices here and there temporarily during the holiday. It has gotten great reviews. AVS has a dedicated forum on this model.

giantsteps

« Reply #22 on: 30 Nov 2007, 01:45 am »

Fuzziness....stuttering motion artifacts... has always been a problem with LCD panels. My Panasonic LCD projector displays this in all its glory on my 92" screen. I try to ignore it. A quality Plasma tv does NOT have this problem. And BTW the Kuro Pioneers have an anti-glare screen that works beautifully.

What model do you have?

I have a AE-900 and it isn't fuzzy and doesn't have a lot of motion artifacts.  The newer Panny pj's from the last year plus are even better!

George

PT-AE 700U

giantsteps

« Reply #23 on: 30 Nov 2007, 01:48 am »
...On HD material he prefers the Pio, on SD it isn't even close. The Pio has really good internal scalers that make SD content look far better than I expected. I had planned on buying an upconverting DVD, but again, don't need it as it would be redundant to what the Pio does...
Your points on SD upcoversion, plus the anti-glare are enough to convince me that I probably need to spend the extra grand on the Pioneer. Thanks to everyone on your input. Kent

Yes....because of its superior processing it is leagues ahead of the competition with SD as well. :D